Sign in to follow this  
THFC6061

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur Match History 1897-2013

Need to keep possession better, granted their shooting at range (badly) but we need to get the ball to Gibbo, Mirallas and Ossie higher up the pitch. They do look nervous when Ossie and Mirallas have the ball in and around their box.

I'm not happy with our midfield.

Barkley is offering nothing, and we are not keeping the ball.

Not our midfield's fault imo. They haven't seen one ball played into their feet all game.

Isnt handball on purpose automatically a yellow?

It is but the ball was already out of play I think.

With regards to the game I can't believe we let them so easily (and so quickly), not one of our defenders picked up Adebayor but I do think we bounced back well. For the first 15 minutes we were the better team and fully deserved to go 1-1. I just hope that we can finish this half well and take something from this game, it's possible.

Barkley is offering nothing, and we are not keeping the ball.

Barkley has been fine, like Peter says he worked well to win us a corner which Jagielka scored from.

Before KO I'd have taken 1-1 at half time. I'm pleased with how we are doing so far, we're not dominating but at the same time not being dominated. It's a very open game.

If we had decent forwards we 'd be murdering you now

Strange statement. It's a bit like us saying if we have Lionel Messi we would be 2-1 up. It's not a valid argument really...

I hope you play better than this when you play the scum

Don't be silly. We always roll over to Liverpool and this year will be no different - especially at Anfield.

We look vulnerable on corners and crosses. I expect to see Distin heading out, but not seen it so far.

We aren't moving as a unit in midfield, and so Spurs are able to break up our play. Their defence is wide, so if we are to get past it we need triangles from the center, and our formation isn't allowing that, as we don't have a ball retainer on the pitch.

We look vulnerable on corners and crosses. I expect to see Distin heading out, but not seen it so far.

We aren't moving as a unit in midfield, and so Spurs are able to break up our play. Their defence is wide, so if we are to get past it we need triangles from the center, and our formation isn't allowing that, as we don't have a ball retainer on the pitch.

Spurs are able to break up our play because we hoof it up to Anichebe and we try to get to the second ball first, while they have a player extra in that area because we have 3 centre backs.

Spurs are able to break up our play because we hoof it up to Anichebe and we try to get to the second ball first, while they have a player extra in that area because we have 3 centre backs.

So you don't think Coleman and Baines have been well defended?

We are not playing with 3 centre backs Heitinga is playing in midfield.