IGNORED

Game of Thrones

Louis

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Not sure who you mean by "LB" (probably being thick).

I think you're in a minority there Formby (nowt wrong with that), I agree with the review quoted below (cut short to avoid spoilers)...

"Ho. Ly. Shit. If you saw that coming then fair play to you, that’s one hell of a prediction. The last 15 minutes of this episode were a total masterpiece, with hauntingly beautiful piano music playing over shots of our favourite characters fighting what felt like an insurmountable battle. There were too many dead, and the only way to stop...."

The Little Bear. But after I’d posted that I remembered about a man of metal that met his end. 

23 minutes ago, hafnia said:

The lad who had his nob chopped off showed some balls to be fair.

At least he's reunited with his bits now:lol:. Great character progression over the whole thing really from hero to scum to hero in the end, liked what Bran said to him at the end.

Teetering on the edge of spoilers now so I'll hide this point which isn'ttt about the most recent episode.

Tyrion in series one or two told Bronn that if anyone ever offered him money to kill him he'd double it, and Cersei's now sent Bronn off (via Qyburn) with a "poetic justice" crossbow; interested to see how that plays out.

On 30/04/2019 at 15:01, MikeO said:

Not sure who you mean by "LB" (probably being thick).

I think you're in a minority there Formby (nowt wrong with that), I agree with the review quoted below (cut short to avoid spoilers)...

"Ho. Ly. Shit. If you saw that coming then fair play to you, that’s one hell of a prediction. The last 15 minutes of this episode were a total masterpiece, with hauntingly beautiful piano music playing over shots of our favourite characters fighting what felt like an insurmountable battle. There were too many dead, and the only way to stop...."

Happy to be in the minority, Mike! Just had a scour to see how many other dissenting voices there were - rather than give spoilers here, see what you think about this (if you have a moment!): https://www.gamespot.com/articles/game-of-thrones-the-long-night-review-season-8-epi/1100-6466520/ . Sums up much of what I felt (especially regarding NK and the WW!)  

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The whole NK threat was always a red herring for me - we'd all be thinking he was the major threat but the biggest threat is Cersei.

But to be rid of him so quickly, after so long, with no explanation of the WW, and in such ridiculous circumstances?

This is a great account for some behind the scenes stuff and interesting insights.  Run by actor who plays NK it seems.  https://twitter.com/Vladimir_furdik

Episode 4: One hour and 18 minutes Episode 5: One hour and 20 minutes Episode 6: One hour and 20 minutes Added them up and you'll have 4 more hours of Game of Thrones! Still thinking that all that’s left is just fighting #CerseiGoT_S8_Cersei.png for the throne? #foodforthought #GameOfThronesGameofThrones_S8_2018_v2.png

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Signed her death warrant. 

But surely just plonking John on the throne is too simple a denouement isn'tt it? Twists to come still I feel.

I want Arya to be queen of the seven kingdoms and be put in charge of the Brexit negotiations myself (never going to happen because she has no interest in power I know).

43 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But surely just plonking John on the throne is too simple a denouement isn'ttt it? Twists to come still I feel.

I want Arya to be queen of the seven kingdoms and be put in charge of the Brexit negotiations myself (never going to happen because she has no interest in power I know).

I don’t think he’ll end up there either but she’s gone all mad queen and needs to be taken out. 

It may even end with there being no throne. 

Predictions for final episode?

I'd go with Dani dead, Jon dead and King Gendry. Tyrion survives.

(!!!! Spoiler !!!

Apparently there's a thread on reddit where people who worked on the show say Jon kills Dani, gives himself up to the Unsullied, ends up at the wall again -  Tyrion gets tried for treason but survives - Bran becomes King with Bronn, Davos, and Tyrion as hand - Drogon flies off with dead Dani never to be seen again - Samwell wants democratic elections but gets laughed at 

)

some of that seems really implausible to me.. the wall is breached, there is no night king, so why would there be a night's watch?   .. why would the three eyed raven be interested in being king?

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 02:47, holystove said:

Predictions for final episode?

I'd go with Dani dead, Jon dead and King Gendry. Tyrion survives.

(!!!! Spoiler !!!

Apparently there's a thread on reddit where people who worked on the show say Jon kills Dani, gives himself up to the Unsullied, ends up at the wall again -  Tyrion gets tried for treason but survives - Bran becomes King with Bronn, Davos, and Tyrion as hand - Drogon flies off with dead Dani never to be seen again - Samwell wants democratic elections but gets laughed at 

)

some of that seems really implausible to me.. the wall is breached, there is no night king, so why would there be a night's watch?   .. why would the three eyed raven be interested in being king?

Those last two points make me feel that can't be how it ends, specifically Bran becoming king. I hope that's not how it ends at least.