IGNORED

Game of Thrones

Louis

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, something has been off but I can't put my finger on what it is. Part of it may be that last year we had a big event near the beginning of the series but up until episode six this year there's not been as much going on or at least not as many memorable things going on.

So many changes in the storyline from the books though, find it quite confusing at times. When I went to see LOTR at the cinema I pretty much knew what was coming all the time (few liberties excepted) but whole swathes of this have been rewritten.

Not complaining, good episode last night and I've enjoyed the series. The Arya scenes are fascinating, think she's a brilliant young actress and her part is superbly written.

But fuck knows what's going to happen next week, think Legolas may make a guest appearance :lol:.

Et tu, Ollie?

Not seen the episode yet but that's been flagged for weeks, totally obvious which is a bit disappointing given the rest of it. To those "shocked" by the big ending (which I'm making a supposition on), read the books. The shock for me would've been if the person in question was still alive.

I may be way off the mark but I'm pretty confident I'm not......I'll see in an hour and a half or so.

Not seen the episode yet but that's been flagged for weeks, totally obvious which is a bit disappointing given the rest of it. To those "shocked" by the big ending (which I'm making a supposition on), read the books. The shock for me would've been if the person in question was still alive.

I may be way off the mark but I'm pretty confident I'm not......I'll see in an hour and a half or so.

The ending of the last book has made me desperate for George to get a fucking move on. I need to know the fate of one of my favourite characters. They'll probably die because he kills all the favourites!

It's hardly a spoiler more of a boner - Lena heady in the knack is top viewing. What a woman.

Sorry to piss on your chips but it wasn't her body you were seeing! She has a no nudity clause in her contract so the only time it was actually her was when you could see her from her shoulders up.

Sorry to piss on your chips but it wasn't her body you were seeing! She has a no nudity clause in her contract so the only time it was actually her was when you could see her from her shoulders up.

Ah this was where I did some research apparently she did a fair chunk of it, they did use two body doubles but spent $200k making sure she was covered to outsiders in filming. That's what I read anyhow.

That said some people are showing the cgi comparisons... Oh well.

Edited by Hafnia

Ah this was where I did some research apparently she did a fair chunk of it, they did use two body doubles but spent $200k making sure she was covered to outsiders in filming. That's what I read anyhow.

That said some people are showing the cgi comparisons... Oh well.

Apparently the location they were filming at wouldn't allow the naked walk so it was pretty much all cgi.

You'd have though they'd have brought in some slightly less saggy doubles then! But I suppose they were trying to keep it real for a woman who'd had three kids.

One or two surprises in there but the big "surprise" ending was anything but (having read the books and seen the obvious Ollie build up). The "death" in the book is not conclusive and Melisandre back at Castle Black could change things, but it looked pretty terminal to me. Just the ten months to wait :P.

You'd have though they'd have brought in some slightly less saggy doubles then! But I suppose they were trying to keep it real for a woman who'd had three kids.

One or two surprises in there but the big "surprise" ending was anything but (having read the books and seen the obvious Ollie build up). The "death" in the book is not conclusive and Melisandre back at Castle Black could change things, but it looked pretty terminal to me. Just the ten months to wait :P.

That's what I was thinking. The book leaves it open but the show made it seem like he is most certainly a goner. I know George is known for killing readers favourites but if he kills them all then I'm going to lose interest because I just won't care who "wins".

I don't quite understand how the tv show is matching the books. Is season 5 of the tv show the equivalent to book 4 and 5 and some of the future or something ?

Basically, this series has been allowed to deviate from the books because they've gotten ahead of the books for some characters. So George has told the makers the end game and it's up to them how they get to the end game on screen. So, what we see on the show won't necessarily match up with what we eventually read apart from the end.

Wonder why? She's already shown the world in 300.

I'll be honest, I need to really watch all the episodes again. I watch the occasional one with my phone in hand replying to toffeetalk threads and lose the story. Got to say, some of the scenes have been breathtaking

Favourites so far:-

The fight between the mountain and the skilled swordsman

The games with the dragon entering the arena to save Dani

To think we were all blown away by Jason and the argonauts

Jon to become a white walker and end up the Night's King by the end of the series. There's my theory.

I thought that but the actor says he's finished now, could be a bluff :).

The fact that Catelyn is "alive" in the books has been completely overlooked as well as the whole Bran/Rickon story line in this series? I'm just confused (though entertained).

I just hope Martin has shared his denouement because he's likely to die before getting it down on paper given his writing speed thus far.

I thought that but the actor says he's finished now, could be a bluff :).

The fact that Catelyn is "alive" in the books has been completely overlooked as well as the whole Bran/Rickon story line in this series? I'm just confused (though entertained).

I just hope Martin has shared his denouement because he's likely to die before getting it down on paper given his writing speed thus far.

I was watching something on YouTube and they were saying Kit made it sound like Jon Snow was finished, but if he became a white walker he wouldn't be Jon Snow any more ;). Much like Catelyn now being Lady Stoneheart (in the books).

I'm still with the fire lady resurrecting him, Snows parents are clearly Rhaegar and lyanna, Melisandre thinks he is the reborn of the guy who killed the white walkers years and years ago and if he is son of Rhaegar (fire) and Lyanna Stark (Ice) seems like it's all about him.. Hopefully

Just CAN'T get into it. Ot should be right up my street but I just don't 'connect' with any of the characters and the pace bores me. I WANT to like it, but can't.

Same with me and Madmen. People rave about it non-stop, but it just doesn't click with me.

I love GOT though.

• 5 months later...

I'm just intrigued as to what method they'll go with to bring Jon back. My money is on the red witch.

I had my bet on him becoming the right hand of the Ice King (or whatever his name is), before leading and taking on Daenerys when she comes to take over Westeros