Sign in to follow this  
Avinalaff

Amazing photography thread

You started something now.

I did a year in college almost twenty years back and one of the women on my course claimed that her grandmother actually came up with the "beanz meanz heinz" slogan and gave it to the advertising guy who claimed credit for it. No idea if there was any truth in it.

Not claiming this to be "amazing photography" for a minute, took it with my phone, but this was the sky I woke up to this morning (not the view from my house sadly, had to walk down the road a bit). Wish I'd taken my camera and got a better shot really :(.

IMG_20141124_073249057_HDR1_zps49756941.

Not claiming this to be "amazing photography" for a minute, took it with my phone, but this was the sky I woke up to this morning (not the view from my house sadly, had to walk down the road a bit). Wish I'd taken my camera and got a better shot really :(.

IMG_20141124_073249057_HDR1_zps49756941.

I'm seriously jealous of where you live, it's a beautiful part of the country. Was saying to my missus last week that if we won the lottery I would move down your end and do a Hugh Fernley Whittingstall (sp) I would be like a pig in shit living a lifestyle like that.

I'm seriously jealous of where you live, it's a beautiful part of the country. Was saying to my missus last week that if we won the lottery I would move down your end and do a Hugh Fernley Whittingstall (sp) I would be like a pig in shit living a lifestyle like that.

Five hundred mile round trip to Goodison is a drawback, mind you if you won the lottery you could buy a helicoptor! Make sure it's a four seater :P.

Five hundred mile round trip to Goodison is a drawback, mind you if you won the lottery you could buy a helicoptor! Make sure it's a four seater :P.

If I won the lottery, I would buy a box for all the regular posters here at TT and on my kids lives, I genuinally mean that.

Gentlemen, a little of topic perhaps but a few of you seem to have a decent idea of photography, looking to buy a SLR camera and if anyone has an opinion between the Nikon D3300 or D5200 I'm all ears! Leaning towards the D3300 :)

Gentlemen, a little of topic perhaps but a few of you seem to have a decent idea of photography, looking to buy a SLR camera and if anyone has an opinion between the Nikon D3300 or D5200 I'm all ears! Leaning towards the D3300 :)

Out of my comfort zone that; was really getting quite keen on photography until recently, must get back into it though I only have a "bridge" camera http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/digital-cameras/1286695/panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz48 Let us know what you get and post a few of the results here!

Not claiming these as amazing, just fancied sharing. Snapped 'em all on my phone :)

Nice Kohen, are you still in New Zealand?

Yup, don't want to leave!

Went on Holiday to Indonesia recently which was awesome.

10735044_355036767997757_503717704_n.jpg

I've a month in Thailand on my way home too but I'm trying to stay in New Zealand for another year which is do-able, just not technically legal. So we'll see!

Hope you're well Mike!

I'm good thanks. My brother and a few mates did the Oz/NZ thing for eighteen months when they were 18/20 and wanted me to go with them but I was too caught up in career. Always regretted it. Having said that my eighty-three year old mother-in-law is currently in Australia so it's never too late!

Both are excellent cameras but if you can not understand how to use them properly, the more expensive ones are going to be a waste of money. I use a Bridge camera myself which is a good starting point.

Out of my comfort zone that; was really getting quite keen on photography until recently, must get back into it though I only have a "bridge" camera http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/digital-cameras/1286695/panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz48 Let us know what you get and post a few of the results here!

Cheers mate, certainly will, hoping to do a few atleast on bike through Iceland at some point when I get over, so hopefully I'll have a few to post on here!!

One of the most famous photos going that, stunning

I'd never seen it before; heard the photographer being interviewed on the radio the other day so googled it.

Photo of an Afghan refugee...from 1984. Some things don't change...

bc047d4445105b13fe078f2d31ac2ad4.jpg

The BBC and photographer tracked her down again and found her with a family of kids in tow, but she still has the same haunted look in her eyes.

8 minutes ago, rubecula said:

digitalis Mike? (foxgloves to me and you)

Indeed, love them. There was a bit of a wind when I took it so was worried  it'd be out of focus but turned out good I think.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Indeed, love them. There was a bit of a wind when I took it so was worried  it'd be out of focus but turned out good I think.

not bad mate I like them too but do not lick you fingers after touching them  lol