IGNORED

Arsenal

Finn balor

Seen as nobody has started a thread thought id do it. Are position would have been so much stronger if we'd have won at Spurs. We wouldnt have had to get 3 points, as a drawer wouldnt have been a bad result tommorow. It still annoys me that top four should have been wrapped up by now. Late goals against Newcastle,Norwich at home and Norwich,Fulham,Spurs away would have seen us clear. With Super Kevs form recently i think if he'd have stayed fit all season it would have made a huge difference. Anyway back to the match, This is a poor Arsenal team and definately one that if pressured can be got at. If we go in positive from the off we can beat these comfortably. Their back four is average and only Cazorla and Wilkshire stand out from an attacking point of view. Vic will be bursting with confidence and can see him bossing Varmelan and Co and with Kev busy around him and Felli's presence in middle of the park we are certainly as good as them. Same team as saturday id push Felli right up against Arteta just in front of their back four. They wont know how to play him. 0-2 Baines and Felli

how many times has it been said so far this season; make or break game!

Im not sure how this will go to be honest....

Edit: This is an Arsenal team in the peak of their form this season - out of the last 10, won 7 draw 2 lost 1 :(

Edited by Matt

It's going to be a hard game but we can do it. Arsenal are in a good run of form but are nothing like they once were, if we keep it simple we can catch them on the counter-attack as they will surely throw men forward, I think Mirallas will have a field day against their defenders to be honest. It's going to be a much easier game for him than the Spurs one.

Cant see the us going to the Emirits and beating the arse 2-0. However I think its a winnable game if we set our minds to it.

Personally I'd like to see Jela and Anichebe up front with Fellaini and Gibson in the centre of midfield. Fellaini man marking Arteta.

If we play 4-4-2 it could really shake them up and show that Moyes means business.

I'd rather us go for the win and lose after 90m than draw.

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

Mirallas Gibbo Fellaini Pienaar

Anichebe Jelly

It wont happen, but I hope thats the starting XI

I actually wouldn't mind us going there with a defensive formation but have some wide-men playing (Mirallas & Pienaar) to catch Arsenal on the counter attack. I'd play Anichebe up front too to run their defence ragged. I'm with you Aidan on the whole 'Win' mentality too, I'd rather us go there and lose putting up a fight than play for the draw and get it. I want to see us hungry for Europe tomorrow and proving we deserve to be where we are.

I would have maybe done one myself but I don't like Arsenal so wanted to steer clear. We haven't (once again) won a league game at their venue since 1995/96, far too long a space of time, but will that finally be eradicated this week ? I don't think so. Ok, they're evidently not of the same level as the recent past, but still possess very good players, and the annoying Van Persie individual is no longer with them, but even then, they have more than enough to cause us no end of problems. I hope the prick of a referee they had at the weekend and bent over for them at every favorable opportunity is far away, and someone a bit less biased presents a fair and impartial game. Hoping for a first victory since 1996, but it's going to be tough.

Arsenal 1 Everton 1

I actually wouldn't mind us going there with a defensive formation but have some wide-men playing (Mirallas & Pienaar) to catch Arsenal on the counter attack. I'd play Anichebe up front too to run their defence ragged. I'm with you Aidan on the whole 'Win' mentality too, I'd rather us go there and lose putting up a fight than play for the draw and get it. I want to see us hungry for Europe tomorrow and proving we deserve to be where we are.

Im with you on this. You beat Arsenal by stopping them playing in the midfield and the 3 that play in there need to be up for this game. They have had some decent results, but as far as I can remember they havent beaten too many of the top sides recently. They are a team that can be out fought and that is something we can do and I expect Moyes to have them fired up!

how many times has it been said so far this season; make or break game!

Im not sure how this will go to be honest....

Edit: This is an Arsenal team in the peak of their form this season - out of the last 10, won 7 draw 2 lost 1 :(

Aha but this is an Everton team who have only lost 7 games in the last 50 league matches! Edited by MoyesForPM

Arsenal's Last 10 Games:

W: Norwich

W: West Brom

W: Reading

W: Swansea

L: Tottenham

W: Aston Villa

W: Sunderland (with Martin O'Neill)

W: Stoke City

D: Liverpool

W: West Ham United

To be honest looking at Arsenal's last 10 games we don't have anything to be worried about. They may be in a good run of form but it's probably more to do with their fixture list than how they are actually playing. The only games I think we would struggle with I've highlighted and Arsenal themselves have dropped points against those sides. You also have to remember that against teams like Norwich City they were 1-0 down with just 5 minutes to go... If we go at them like we did against Tottenham then I can really see us getting something.

Arsenal's Last 10 Games:

W: Norwich

W: West Brom

W: Reading

W: Swansea

L: Tottenham

W: Aston Villa

W: Sunderland (with Martin O'Neill)

W: Stoke City

D: Liverpool

W: West Ham United

To be honest looking at Arsenal's last 10 games we don't have anything to be worried about. They may be in a good run of form but it's probably more to do with their fixture list than how they are actually playing. The only games I think we would struggle with I've highlighted and Arsenal themselves have dropped points against those sides. You also have to remember that against teams like Norwich City they were 1-0 down with just 5 minutes to go... If we go at them like we did against Tottenham then I can really see us getting something.

We have lost to Norwich, West Brom, and Reading this season. Spurs, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Swansea and Stoke have all taken points from us. As for Sunderland and West Ham, we won both 2-1, so I'd say we struggled against 'all of them'.

We have plenty to be worried about, as we haven't won at their ground since 95-96 season, and they still finished 2 points above us that season. What is worse is we haven't actually finished above Arsenal since the 87-88 season, so I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you lol.

Edited by Avinalaff

Cup final - we win we are still in the hunt, if we lose, we are out of it.

Absolutely....incredible opportunity. Win and we're equal on points with Chelsea and Spurs and just a point behind Arsenal, serious contenders for at least fifth.

I just hope if we concede a pen Mikel does the decent thing and misses ittongue.png .

We have to be postive and for for the 3 points but not leave too many gaps at the back. Dont know if Walcott is fit but if he is he is the worry with his pace and finishing.If he isnt we need to concentrate on Cazorla and Wilkshire. Id like to see Shamus bombing on as i dont see the Arses left side being disciplined enough defensively to go with him and track back. I just hope we arent a damp squib and go into our shells and concede early on. I dont think there is any point man marking Arteta as he plays so deep. He will sit playing his ten yard balls backwards and forwards, we can handle that but need to hit The two playmakers every time they get it. Like i said in the thread this isnt a great team and should be treated as such

My birthday today and I would love nothing more than 3 points tonight as a present. Apparently watching Everton on sky is not a sociable enough thing to do on my birthday therefore I have to go for a meal with the girlfriend instead. Bloody women! I'll sky plus it and try my best not to check for score updates on my phone all night. Will be bloody hard though. Planning on watching it after I get back. Really hope we go for it tonight and catch them on the counter. Feel anichebe could have a beastly night tonight and absolutely torment their centre backs. Here's hoping anyway. Enjoy the game lads!

Barkley starting again apparently in Ossie's place? Quite nervous now, COYB!

Oh and happy birthday Geth, hopefully Everton will make it memorable biggrin.png

Really? ive got a horrible feeling Ross may not be the real deal lets hope not

Arsenal....

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud

Fuck me thats a poor back four im quicker than the two centre halves

Isn't Koscielny supposed to be really fast?

I could be wrong but i thought he is just an average player at everything. Vic could have a real go here . Ive had Bainesy first goal and 1-2 which is 161/1 uuush

I'm liking the look of that juicy Arsenal back four too - I'm hoping that mirallas and barkley can wreck their shit while anichebe is duffing up Mertesackershit, who seems to turn from german colossus into rodney trotter whenever he pulls on an arsenal jersey.