IGNORED

Is this the new crest?

Louis

That is fucking shocking to be honest. I've seen so many fan made alternatives on the web that are so much better than that (the one I have as an avatar for instance - took it from somewhere else).

I seriously hope we won't have that on our shirts next season.

Edited by Fearthainn

Dont get what this thread is about? United just sold their naming rights to their ground for £120 mill and we are shitting ourselves cos for once we have bothered to protect ourself license wise with a shite badge? This isnt our badge it will be a retail number, fuck me

This could easily just be a patch for the shorts or to put on souvenir mugs or something. Let's not jump the gun here.

Pretty sure that's what it's all about...just a stylised version of the true logo. Hope to god we don't lose the original though....OK I'm an old fart, but the history of this club goes way back beyond my lifetime, my father's and his father's too. The logo and the motto are as much a part of the club as Goodison itself. Change it for keyrings and beach towels? OK, but leave the original on shirts and Goodison!

Hope to god we don't lose the original though....OK I'm an old fart, but the history of this club goes way back beyond my lifetime, my father's and his father's too. The logo and the motto are as much a part of the club as Goodison itself. Change it for keyrings and beach towels? OK, but leave the original on shirts and Goodison!

What we have at the moment isn't "the original" though is it? It's changed numerous times over the years....

360px-Everton_crests.jpg

Didn't have NSNO on it 'til the late seventies.

I prefer to have NSNO on it. I had to look it up when I first read it -- before I was an Everton supporter -- and it gave me a sense of pride knowing that "only the best is good enough" for this club. From there I look up more information about the club, because it sort of inspired me.

I think it's a good thing for supporters like me(supporters who come into the game late without any direction of a club to choose).

Obviously, it's not the only reason I like the club; it just added to my opinion of its values and determination. It's a motto that anyone can get behind.

Just a thought.

Is it true that they consulted with fans during the design process?

Was it the young fans? Kids even?

Would have liked a mass consultation? Like when the lower league teams have several kit designs on offer and there's a public vote? I understand that a lot of money has already been spent on the redesign of the crest but it's pretty poor.

It'll grow on me I'm sure but for now, I don't like it.

Is it true that they consulted with fans during the design process?

Was it the young fans? Kids even?

Would have liked a mass consultation? Like when the lower league teams have several kit designs on offer and there's a public vote? I understand that a lot of money has already been spent on the redesign of the crest but it's pretty poor.

It'll grow on me I'm sure but for now, I don't like it.

Looks more like a money saving effort with all the expensive details removed or toned down.

I think all motto's have a good meaning with football clubs. I actually like Tottenham's old motto which was 'To Dare is to Do' although after they changed the badge they too dropped it from the crest.

I'm not overly happy with Nil Satis being dropped from the badge but I'd still be happy if it's still implemented throughout the football club. (i.e. - on the advertising boards around the stadium, on merchandise etc...)

I thought the ones that Aston Villa or Glasgow Rangers had, such as 'ready' and 'prepared' were good enough. Nothing too extravagant. Had another look at the design and is that the color they're going with. A mundane gray variety ? This debate will continue, but can appreciate why so many are against this.