IGNORED

Anybody else feeling excited?

Feeling surprisingly sick :(

and still feeling sick about it this morning, especially reading MON or Hughes are leading candidates. Like i said in the other thread, no excitement until replacement is announced and transfer window is shut with Baines still playing for us...

I echo the appreciation for Moyes, and wish him all the best. He deserves a shot at the big time.

and still feeling sick about it this morning, especially reading MON or Hughes are leading candidates. Like i said in the other thread, no excitement until replacement is announced and transfer window is shut with Baines still playing for us...

I echo the appreciation for Moyes, and wish him all the best. He deserves a shot at the big time.

major%20overreaction%20alert.gifmajor%20overreaction%20alert.gifmajor%20overreaction%20alert.gifmajor%20overreaction%20alert.gifmajor%20overreaction%20alert.gifmajor%20overreaction%20alert.gif

I read a headline today from Hughes today saying Everton are a big club... I seem to remember him saying otherwise when he was chasing Lescott. He's saying it to try and put himself in the frame to be our manager.

If either O'Neill or Hughes become our next manager it'll show even more so that this club is not in good hands with our board..

I'd be happy with Laudrup as our new boss. I know he's just signed a contract but the press are throwing his name about

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-everton-manager-michael-laudrup-1877229">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-everton-manager-michael-laudrup-1877229

Did we have to pay Preston compensation when we signed Moyes? I was only 7 so I can't remember.

Feck all's changed in the last 6 years, I welcome a new manager. Just hoping we get one with a different/winning mentality and gives kids a chance.

I'm fed up with this nonsense that kids don't get a chance at Everton.

Its bollocks.

Our U21's and academy is full of players who chose Everton because we're renowned for developing good young players. Even if ultimately they don't make it into the 1st team they have a better than average chance of going on to have decent career at another club in the lower leagues.

Some people should accept that just because they're told Barkley is a world beater that doesn't mean they know better than people who watch the players in training every day. Same for Duffy, Vellios, Junior etc. Maybe somebody who knows more about footy than you doesn't think these players are ready?!?

Look at how well Villa have done with a young team - no thanks!

The only upside to Moyes leaving is it's a great opportunity for a new manager to make the most of the players at the club, bring in a couple of quality players, fresh ideas and fresh impetus.

Here's hoping.

I'd be happy with Laudrup as our new boss. I know he's just signed a contract but the press are throwing his name about

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-everton-manager-michael-laudrup-1877229">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-everton-manager-michael-laudrup-1877229

Did we have to pay Preston compensation when we signed Moyes? I was only 7 so I can't remember.

I read on the BBC that his new contract only has 14 months left to run which has made me slightly more hopeful we could get him

I read on the BBC that his new contract only has 14 months left to run which has made me slightly more hopeful we could get him

According to Wiki the contract runs to the end of the 2014/15 season but "reports indicate" there's a release clause of about £5m.

According to Wiki the contract runs to the end of the 2014/15 season but "reports indicate" there's a release clause of about £5m.

Answering myself but his wages over two years are likely to be less than £5m aren't they (£48,000 a week) so the compensation might be less than the releasehuh.png.

Still hasn't quite registered yet, todays news, but this has to be exciting for some. New face after 11 years, now with a tangible chance of actually fucking winning something. Moyes became stale seasons back, and this does represent an opportunity to finally do something, in that, finally picking up that elusive trophy after so many years away.

Yes I'm eager to see who we can bring in this summer and a new name in charge of affairs and finally with a realisitic chance of actually winning something. Not so much excitement, as anticipation. Moyes was never going to last forever.

Guest Ph3nom3non

I think were forgetting Moyes was basically behind everything we have done, the quality of the players he has brought in for the money has been incredible. I'm thinking long term here but can an another manager come in and do that? I just don't want to slip down the table and turn into mediocre side.

I wouldn't mind Di Matteo. Small outside chance of that happening, but he has a Champion's Cup. My first choice is still Martinez, and I can't help but admire the attacking style of Swansea sometimes, so I'd welcome Laudrop in a heartbeat as well.

I think were forgetting Moyes was basically behind everything we have done, the quality of the players he has brought in for the money has been incredible. I'm thinking long term here but can an another manager come in and do that? I just don't want to slip down the table and turn into mediocre side.

I think Martinez is even better in regards to transfers.

Trepidation I think is the word I would use, but Moyes has gone now so we move on

Whoever the next manager is at least he will inherit a good squad and have a solid foundation to build his team from and ironically could have more money to spend this summer than Moyes has had in 11 years

It will be a very interesting summer!

Martinez also created miracles at Wigan by being the exact opposite of Moyes - maybe that is what Everton needs now to get rid of their lack in self belief , to rise to the occasion instead of just settling for the draw or defending a 1 goal lead -

just see how many beautiful goals Wigan scored this season compared to Everton but their defence let them down -

Martinez or Laudrop or DiMatteo will do thanks

Well it's happened to the likes of Newcastle and Villa, so let's be honest it can happen to us.Moyes perhaps didn't thrill everyone with his tactics, but what he did do was cement Everton in the top 6/7 of the premier league with limited funds.The next man may have to do a similar job, no will have to.

Moyes has helped make Everton an attractive club, that will attract some decent candidates, hopefully Martinez will be one of those.

Edited by Blue 250

Guest Ph3nom3non

I think Martinez is even better in regards to transfers.

But his team are on the brink of relegation.

If he was so good he would have brought them to safety by now .. Were forgetting his team might be going down.

But his team are on the brink of relegation.

If he was so good he would have brought them to safety by now .. Were forgetting his team might be going down.

dont think people are forgetting, it's just this topic has been covered over and over again!

dont think people are forgetting, it's just this topic has been covered over and over again!

I don't think you can cover that topi enough, look Martinez is a nice guy, decent manager, but we should be aiming higher than a guy who can only marginally survive every season, for me Alan Stubbs is the perfect choice given time.

I don't think you can cover that topi enough, look Martinez is a nice guy, decent manager, but we should be aiming higher than a guy who can only marginally survive every season, for me Alan Stubbs is the perfect choice given time.

I think you have to look past the results and league placings with some managers depending on their circumstances. Do I think Mancini or Di Matteo because they won the Premier League and Champions League respectively? No I dont, they are average managers in my opinion who have been fortunate to end up at a top club.

Martinez moulded Swansea into the team they are now and ironically he has actually for a solid starting 11 if he could actually get them all on the pitch at the same time.

I also find it slightly laughable that you dont rate Martinez yet you are promoting someone who has never managed a football club in his life. True blue maybe but I very much doubt that Stubbsy, who it would be fair to say isnt the sharpest tool in the box, would ever be a good enough manager to take on such a challenge.

I think you have to look past the results and league placings with some managers depending on their circumstances. Do I think Mancini or Di Matteo because they won the Premier League and Champions League respectively? No I dont, they are average managers in my opinion who have been fortunate to end up at a top club.

Martinez moulded Swansea into the team they are now and ironically he has actually for a solid starting 11 if he could actually get them all on the pitch at the same time.

I also find it slightly laughable that you dont rate Martinez yet you are promoting someone who has never managed a football club in his life. True blue maybe but I very much doubt that Stubbsy, who it would be fair to say isnt the sharpest tool in the box, would ever be a good enough manager to take on such a challenge.

Stubbs not the sharpest tool in the box? The man is a club legend, he knows the ins and outs.

And we could argue all day who moulded Swansea into the team they are today, in my honest opinion it wasn't Martinez. And like Phenomenon said he's had more than enough chances to even break into the mid table, but he continues to be fighting relegation every season.

Comon Stubbsy i love you but you aint getting the jobGrammar%20Police.gif