IGNORED

Film Quotes

rubecula

Not sure if we have had this before or not. But I was thinking we need to smile a bit.

So what film quote(s) made you smile?

(Yes we all know the one from the Italian Job "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off.")

One I like is from Dog Soldiers .. "Have you learned to lick your balls yet?"

"John Denvers full of shit man" - Dumb and Dumber

"I don't know how to put this i'm kind of a big deal" Ron Bergundy- Anchorman

"He puts one of yours in hospital, you put one of his in a morgue!!" - Sean Connery - Untouchables

"Deskpop" - The other guys

"See what happens when you fuck another guy in the ass?" - Big Lebowski

Sorry to inform Mr Robinsette but this is indeed a duplicate thread, since you asked. Done quite recently too

I don't watch many movies now. Seen a damn lot over the years, and simply don't have the time for it for the most part, although sneak one or two in every now and again. (movies)

Not really a fan of quotes, good lines of dialog are wherever you find them, but you'd ideally be looking at things involving De Niro, or Travolta or Walken for example. I was thinking maybe Bond even, but that's not a franchise for everyone

Sorry to inform Mr Robinsette but this is indeed a duplicate thread, since you asked. Done quite recently too

I don't watch many movies now. Seen a damn lot over the years, and simply don't have the time for it for the most part, although sneak one or two in every now and again. (movies)

Not really a fan of quotes, good lines of dialog are wherever you find them, but you'd ideally be looking at things involving De Niro, or Travolta or Walken for example. I was thinking maybe Bond even, but that's not a franchise for everyone

I use Rubecula on here, and I prefer it is used, but if you must/wish to use my real name I would politely request you spell it correctly

How does he even know your real name?!

Not a clue, it could be I let it slip sometime or he knows me from FB. Other than that I don't really know. Do you think I have a stalker? Oooh I hope it is for sexual purposes... ie he may be a vasaline salesman. rofl.gif

Not a clue, it could be I let it slip sometime or he knows me from FB. Other than that I don't really know. Do you think I have a stalker? Oooh I hope it is for sexual purposes... ie he may be a vasaline salesman. rofl.gif

He's grooming you Rubestongue.png.

How does he even know your real name?!

I follow him on Twitter Mark

In fact we've going to a face painting extravaganza in Stanley Park at the weekend and sampling some raspberry ripples..

Alright fair enough, I'll address him properly next time if there was any offense taken, which wasn't intentional

But I prefer to address people by proper names that's all. Got it a bit wrong before but once again, no harm done I hope.

He's grooming you Rubestongue.png.

I am not a lemur, I'll groom myself if you don't mind. Oh alright if you insist I can't reach that itch on my back anyway.rofl.gif

I follow him on Twitter Mark

In fact we've going to a face painting extravaganza in Stanley Park at the weekend and sampling some raspberry ripples..

Alright fair enough, I'll address him properly next time if there was any offense taken, which wasn't intentional

But I prefer to address people by proper names that's all. Got it a bit wrong before but once again, no harm done I hope.

No offense taken, but I chose the name Rubecula for a reason. :) (Apology accepted happily DK)

I can't believe Rubes knows how to use Twitter! ohmy.png

Hey that is a bad insult.... Of course I can't use twitter. What's twitter anyway?

"Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face." - Pulp Fiction

my favourite ever film scene..

"Why the fuck did you do that?!"

:rofl:

I still nearly piss myself laughing in that scene. I'm actually laughing now thinking about it.

I love how Tarantino can make such serious films but still be so funny.

"Hey everyone, come see how good I look!" Anchorman.

Edited by StevO

"And that's how it came to pass that on the second-to-last day of the job, the convict crew that tarred the plate factory roof in the spring of forty-nine wound up sitting in a row at ten o'clock in the morning drinking icy cold, Bohemia-style beer, courtesy of the hardest screw that ever walked a turn at Shawshank State Prison."

"Drink up while it's cold, ladies."
"The colossal prick even managed to sound magnanimous."

My favourite scene ever. Whenever I watch it I think to myself "Christ I've gotta have a beer"

• 4 weeks later...

One of the best Will Ferrell Quotes ever (IMO) from The Other Guys

"Terry: No, I don't like you. I think you're a fake cop. The sound of your piss hitting the urinal, it sounds feminine. If you were in the wild, I would attack you, even if you weren't in my food chain. I would go out of my way to attack you. If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I would swim out in the middle of the ocean and freaking eat you and then I'd bang your tuna girlfriend.

Allen: OK, first off: a lion, swimming in the ocean. Lions don't like water. If you placed it near a river or some sort of fresh water source, that make sense. But you find yourself in the ocean, 20 foot wave, I'm assuming off the coast of South Africa, coming up against a full grown 800 pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends, you lose that battle, you lose that battle 9 times out of 10. And guess what, you've wandered into our school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion. We've talked to ourselves. We've communicated and said 'You know what, lion tastes good, let's go get some more lion'. We've developed a system to establish a beach-head and aggressively hunt you and your family and we will corner your pride, your children, your offspring.

Terry: How you gonna do that?

Allen: We will construct a series of breathing apparatus with kelp. We will be able to trap certain amounts of oxygen. It's not gonna be days at a time. An hour? Hour forty-five? No problem. That will give us enough time to figure out where you live, go back to the sea, get some more oxygen, and stalk you. You just lost at your own game. You're outgunned and out-manned.

[pause]

Allen: Did that go the way you thought it was gonna go? Nope."

Vid version is better -

:lol:

If you haven't seen The Other Guys, it's brilliant. full of quality quotes.

Edited by tenaciousj

• 4 weeks later...

Brick Top (Alan Ford), in Snatch;

Brick Top: You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together.

Sol: Would someone mind telling me, who are you?

Brick Top: And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig shit, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".

Vinny - Well, thank you for that. That's a great weight off me mind. Now, if you wouldn't mind telling me who the fuck you are, apart from someone who feeds people to pigs of course?

Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... Me!