IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Vitor Periera

In April, Francisco Junior told Portuguese media that Vitor Pereira would be a good choice for Everton.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=394496

Also in April, Pereira commented on moving to Everton:

Translated: "I'm currently a proud FC Porto manager. We will assess the defined objectives at the end of the season. The club and I will decide accordingly."

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=394888

Today, the Daily Mail are linking him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2320960/Everton-line-Porto-boss-Vitor-Pereira-contender-replace-David-Moyes.html

Vitor Pereira is ready to follow his close friend Andre Villas-Boas into English football, in a development that will alert Everton, with David Moyes set to join Manchester United.

Like Moyes, 44-year old Pereira is out of contract this summer and unsure about signing a new deal, despite two hugely successful seasons since succeeding Villas-Boas as Porto coach.

Vitor Pereira would be my second choice if Roberto Martinez refused to sign for us. I've watched the Portuguese league almost every weekend this year (especially Porto) so I know quite a bit about him.

As it stands he could still win the Portuguese league if he manages to beat Benfica at the weekend and he also managed to get FC Porto into the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League this season when they were defeated by a narrow margin against Malaga.

He seems like a Portuguese version of Martinez if I'm being honest. Whenever I've watched Porto they play attacking football (which is what we all want) and due to them being in the Champions League he obviously has a lot of experience in the major competitions we are aiming to take part in.

I'd be more than happy with him as our new boss - and he could even bring Joao Moutinho with him. wub.png

Vitor Pereira would be my second choice if Roberto Martinez refused to sign for us. I've watched the Portuguese league almost every weekend this year (especially Porto) so I know quite a bit about him.

As it stands he could still win the Portuguese league if he manages to beat Benfica at the weekend and he also managed to get FC Porto into the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League this season when they were defeated by a narrow margin against Malaga.

He seems like a Portuguese version of Martinez if I'm being honest. Whenever I've watched Porto they play attacking football (which is what we all want) and due to them being in the Champions League he obviously has a lot of experience in the major competitions we are aiming to take part in.

I'd be more than happy with him as our new boss - and he could even bring Joao Moutinho with him. wub.png

so not the next Mourihno then?

so not the next Mourihno then?

Hopefully!

He won the Portuguese league in his first season at the club (2011) and could do it again this year. The Portuguese league is obviously a step-down from the likes of the Premiership but you can't really deny he's a good manager. The key thing for me is that he got Porto through to the knockout stages of the Champions League. That to me shows that he can handle the big teams and get results which is something we desperately need if we are to grow as a football club.

I back this man as manager, should he come here. I don't know why he would come here. But, if he did, that would be fine with me!

He's managed in Portugal for the length of his career so far. The Premiership is a place that any manager wants to manage in, I just hope that AVB can make us sound like an interesting move.

He's managed in Portugal for the length of his career so far. The Premiership is a place that any manager wants to manage in, I just hope that AVB can make us sound like an interesting move.

How come you never mentioned Moutinihio then Zoo? ha ha its not like you to forget the man lovewub.png

I have just read his career to date and its not exactly very promising. Very little experience and he took over an already very successful team (who had set records the previous season under AVB).

Dont have a clue how his sides play though and I think that will probably be more important than anything else.

I have just read his career to date and its not exactly very promising. Very little experience and he took over an already very successful team (who had set records the previous season under AVB).

Dont have a clue how his sides play though and I think that will probably be more important than anything else.

Think the fact he is cheap will be the most important crying%20smiley.gif

I admit Ive not seen any Portuguese matches this year, but I imagine it would be difficult to leave those to Colombians Rodriguez and Martinez. They would make any managers job much easier.

Edited by Iamryanstover

Nice find louis. I dig the beard, but I'm going to miss Moyes sweater vests.

Also mind that Porto has had a decline under Pereira. Back in the AVB days they won the Europa League as well as the portuguese title with like a 20 point gap. Since Pereira took over, things got a lot more close. They're neck on neck with Benfica, though the latter one lost Witsel last summer.

Also mind that Porto has had a decline under Pereira. Back in the AVB days they won the Europa League as well as the portuguese title with like a 20 point gap. Since Pereira took over, things got a lot more close. They're neck on neck with Benfica, though the latter one lost Witsel last summer.

I dont know if that is Porto declining so much as Benfica having 4 guys with double digit goals, and 2 having at least 25.

Porto have a young squad too. They've been playing people such as Kleber & Jackson Martinez who need time to grow into mature players.

Take Martinez for example. The guy could be world class but he's another Mario Balotelli. There was a game a few weeks back (can't remember who Porto was playing) but they were locked at 1-1. Jackson won the team a penalty with around 10 minutes to go and instead of smashing it home and securing the three points he chipped it down the center and was made to look a fool.

Porto have played many young players this year and this is the reason for not running away with it as they did in previous years (along with the fact they sold Hulk in the summer).

Once their players come of age they'll have a brilliant team.

Porto have a young squad too. They've been playing people such as Kleber & Jackson Martinez who need time to grow into mature players.

Take Martinez for example. The guy could be world class but he's another Mario Balotelli. There was a game a few weeks back (can't remember who Porto was playing) but they were locked at 1-1. Jackson won the team a penalty with around 10 minutes to go and instead of smashing it home and securing the three points he chipped it down the center and was made to look a fool.

Porto have played many young players this year and this is the reason for not running away with it as they did in previous years (along with the fact they sold Hulk in the summer).

Once their players come of age they'll have a brilliant team.

Agreed! They have a LOT of quality coming through, if he came he could bring some with him.

To be fair to Martinez I think his mentality does set him apart from your average manager. He does have to do more with what he has got but with better players being able to attract players may well take him to that next level.

Truth is though, would Martinez come here if Wigan stay up? He has built a good young squad at Wigan and when everyone is fit they are a match for most teams. I presume that Wigan will be in Europe next season no matter whether they beat Man City or not and I think that challenge would excite him. Having said that it is hard to see them staying up after Tuesday's result.

Hi, there's new names FLOODING in of managers that are to replace Moyes IF he goes to Manchester United. So I just made a collection topic. Here's the names that are rumoured;

• Michael Laudrup

Allegedly the current number 1 favourite to replace Moyes. I like that. He's a guy who guys cheap and sells expensive. I could see how the EFC board would want him. Plus he can bring in Williams?

• Roberto Martinez

We already have an entire topic dedicated to this guy. I'm just not that convinced his tactics fit EFC.

• Phil Neville??

Yes sir. Apparently this is a potential candidate for the job

• Pereira

We also got a topic for this man. Could be alright, but I don't know anything about him tbh.

• Roberto Di Matteo

Not sure if it's an actual rumour, or just wishful thinking on behalf of some fans. He was great with Chelsea, because he was so close with the players. He knew how to get the best out of them. But EFC will be a new club. He has failed in the past, so I have mixed feelings about him. He did win 2 trophees in his few months reign at Chelsea, amongst which the Champions League against Bayern.

• Mark Hughes

*yawn*

I suggest that all manager rumours should be posted in this topic.