IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Heck, I'll apply for EFC manager. I'll hand in my CV and motivation letter. I'm really good at Football Manager, how hard can it be?

Everyone is rimming over the fact that Football Manager did a study and found that Moyes would be the most successful candidate.

Heard in an article on Teamtalk today that Mark Hughes is "coy" on the Everton job. This makes me literally want to pretend I'm someone falling off a cliff shouting NOOOOOOOO!

All I can say is you might be coy on us but I reckon I speak for 99.9999999% of Everton fans in saying that we are not coy on you!

If he gets the job, I won't watch us until he's gone.

Maybe martinez wanted to have full control. He would get that here. Maybe he didn't want to take over at a club that would sack him after 1 season...

I think Everton would be a good fit for him.

Yep that's why he turned it down, surprised Zola hasn't been touted he done a great job at Watford or Poyet at Brighton. Maybe we are at the stage we need to bring in someone more experienced to build on the platform Moyes built.

I fear Moyes will come back in for a few of our players:-(

Yep that's why he turned it down, surprised Zola hasn't been touted he done a great job at Watford or Poyet at Brighton. Maybe we are at the stage we need to bring in someone more experienced to build on the platform Moyes built.

I fear Moyes will come back in for a few of our players:-(

Not yet, but in 5 years time... maybe

What BK doing now??? Is the biggest Evertonian in the world tearfully hogging the cameras whilst conducting his 24/7 search for investment, whilst also looking for the new David Moyes?

Maybe in order to not get Gary Megson we allow Moyesy to tip his replacement just like Walter Smith did.

Bill Kenwright did another interview with Sky Sports news..

https://soundcloud.com/toffeetalk/bill-kenwright-interview-ssn

He says he doesn't have someone in mind and he has names in mind, in the same interview.

Lol he can't even keep up with what he's said in one interview. This bodes well for getting a new man in. We'll end up with Ronald McDonald.

No. He's the chairman of this club and is going to have a massive decision to make when a lot is at stake.

hes also a fan, and having the media thrust into his face before Moyes chair is cool is going to be tough, for anyone.

Mike summed up what I wanted to say...

What BK doing now??? Is the biggest Evertonian in the world tearfully hogging the cameras whilst conducting his 24/7 search for investment, whilst also looking for the new David Moyes?

Maybe in order to not get Gary Megson we allow Moyesy to tip his replacement just like Walter Smith did.

How is he hogging the cameras? I think you will find he is practically being stalked by the press at the moment as its seen as one of the biggest stories in British football

We get it Haf you hate BK , I thought you would be happy with all of these developments but all you seem to want to do is slate the Chairman for no reason

I'm with Mark. In a role like his he needs to man up, for the cameras at least. If anyone can put a face on for the cameras he can. The fact he's talking like this is a big shock and he had no idea moyes might leave just makes me so mad. If we thought he might go, how the fuck did the board not realise too?!

And I hope he's covering up saying he has no one in mind. He should have been planning for him leaving even just in case.

He's coming across really unprepared when it comes to the club in these interviews.

hes also a fan, and having the media thrust into his face before Moyes chair is cool is going to be tough, for anyone.

Mike summed up what I wanted to say...

I do not give a shit if he's a fan, he needs to have his head straight right now no matter what ffs. He's a fan is just a pathetic cop out. Boo fucking hoo. He's the chairman of this football club first and foremost.

As Steve says it's how unprepared He is that is worrying the board should have had a contingency plan in place for some time with Moyes not committing to a new deal and if they haven't it shows a massive lack of common sense let alone business acumen...

I just hope He's just covering His arse by not letting on who they have in mind to step in but I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if that is not the case tbh.

I'm with Mark. In a role like his he needs to man up, for the cameras at least. If anyone can put a face on for the cameras he can. The fact he's talking like this is a big shock and he had no idea moyes might leave just makes me so mad. If we thought he might go, how the fuck did the board not realise too?!

And I hope he's covering up saying he has no one in mind. He should have been planning for him leaving even just in case.

He's coming across really unprepared when it comes to the club in these interviews.

we were all starting to think Moyes would sign a new contract, and who knows Moyes didnt indicate to BK he was going to stay on and u-turned.

This is just finger pointing without know whats happening behind the scenes.

Mark, you have a solid point that he should be standing tall and confident. I understand where youre coming from. But to ignore any emotion and expect him to be a robot is unrealistic and unfair.

There isn't a standout candiate out there really in my opinion. Out of the names being mentioned, some of them really frighten me. Lennon, O'Neill, Mark Hughes. I suppose Martinez is the best out of them but i'm not 100% convinced by him. It's gonna be strange having another manager in charge though so a bit nervous but also excited as this is a new chapter for Everton. As for Saturday, i've read a few messages from fans that are gonna boo and show their anger. Stupid if that's the case. Think he'll have a good send off in front of the Goodison crowd. Gotta speak about this on a Welsh radio station tomorrow... the joys.

I can see why fans would boo this is all but a massive distraction to all involved at the Club and dealings like this should be sorted behind closed doors at the end of the season.

It's all a bit to coincidental for Me that Moyes chooses to hold out on signing a new deal then out of nowhere Fergie decides to hang up His coat?

The fact he is all over the places proves to me that he loves the club. He's worried, like all of us are. So long as he gets his act together soon and appoints a good manager then I've got no problems.

It's all a bit to coincidental for Me that Moyes chooses to hold out on signing a new deal then out of nowhere Fergie decides to hang up His coat?

I said that before - I hope I'm wrong but it sounds slightly fishy.

Edited by Zoo