IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

The simple fact is this:- of the names we have been solidly linked with, none are guaranteed to be what we hope they will be. There is a risk with all of them:

Martinez:- Defensive question marks

Lennon:- Scottish league success has no bearing on prem league

Stubbs:- No experience

Neville:- No experience

Pereira:- Portuguese proven, what does that mean in prem?

My safest bet is Martinez.

Neville has more experience than the lot of them put together.

There was an article floating round yesterday in Portuguese suggesting that Pereira is happy to stay at Porto for another year.

Sorry can't find it at the moment.

EDIT: http://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/porto-vitor-pereira-annuncia-credo-che-restero-qui-450169

Despite rumors sull'interessamento Everton against him have been made ​​more and more insistent, the future of Vitor Pereira seems to be still at the Porto, with whom he won the title of Portugal. The technician Lusitanian has in fact dismissed the rumors about his possible farewell: "I was often asked to express my feelings about my future. I think I'll stay here again next season."

Edited by Simon

I'd welcome Pulis here. Moyes has proven that we don't need goals to be competitive, we just need to tighten up at the back and get a few more clean sheets. Maybe he can bring Ryan Shawcross with him, pair him with Distin and move Jags to rightback. Play Vic up front along side another tall striker he could find in the market. I love the idea.

*another windup*

There were rumours over the weekend that Rafa was going to Stoke - its local to him and they are looking to consolidate in the mid-tier in the PL and improve their playing style.

Seems unlikely but Peter Coates is worth an estimated £750 million, so could provide funds.

Pulis defo won't be coming to EFC - we can relax about that

There were rumours over the weekend that Rafa was going to Stoke - its local to him and they are looking to consolidate in the mid-tier in the PL and improve their playing style.

Seems unlikely but Peter Coates is worth an estimated £750 million, so could provide funds.

I just can't see Rafa going to a club like Stoke. He can do better, but it may mean him having to go outside of England.

I dont mind him much at another club, but dont want him at us.

I just can't see Rafa going to a club like Stoke. He can do better, but it may mean him having to go outside of England.

There were rumours he was taking the Napoli job

rofl.gif

Hafnia I never agree with you but you do make me laugh mate.

My haf style description of the current manager status:

Moyes inherited and old scrapyard when he came to EFC, it contained a few good relics like Ginola and Gascoigne, but nothing worth saving. Slowly over the years he has taken his JCB to the site and rid the place of it's crap and built the foundations and brickwork to a nice big house, and all this under the watchful eye of councilor Kenwright in the planning department who promised swimming pools and tennis courts. However Moyes has now been offered the chance to help build and live in a castle so has left us with an unpainted house. We need someone to paint and decorate that house so we can sell it for maximum profit, we don't need one of builders trying to paint the house. We need a decorator to finish the job. :)

The simple fact is this:- of the names we have been solidly linked with, none are guaranteed to be what we hope they will be. There is a risk with all of them:

Martinez:- Defensive question marks

Lennon:- Scottish league success has no bearing on prem league

Stubbs:- No experience

Neville:- No experience

Pereira:- Portuguese proven, what does that mean in prem?

My safest bet is Martinez.

That's pretty much the way Im thinking too