IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

I love Nev, and think he can be a great manager because of his leadership skills, but he needs to prove himself 1st. I hope we get a younger manager who has some experience, but if we are hiring from current staff I would without question prefer Round. Hell I would prefer Round to Pulis, and pretty much any name Ive heard yet sans Martinez.

That says Neville is working towards a Uefa pro-licence. Anyone actually have any idea how long it would take to get that, at minimum?

from wikipedia:

Qualification

Following an induction period, those wishing to qualify for the Pro-Licence need to undergo a year-long course which involves around 240 hours of study combining a mixture of distance learning, online learning and conference calls. Once this has been successfully completed there is a residential study week at University of Warwick.[3]"

just looking at the odds today and I see Vitor Pereira is back into second favourite.

On the Neville front I think he would make a good Assistant Manager if we went down the Vitor Pereira route. Read an interview with Vitor where he said how he's not the kind of expressive person like Vilas Boas and Mourinho who like the lime light and prefers to work on players and tactics. Phil Neville is a good talker and has been good with the media, he also knows all the players and the club well and I think would make a good person along side Vitor to settle him in as well as taking on the English media on his behalf!

In truth mind the betting market is still pretty clueless with him and Martinez favourites but at 4/1+

just looking at the odds today and I see Vitor Pereira is back into second favourite.

On the Neville front I think he would make a good Assistant Manager if we went down the Vitor Pereira route. Read an interview with Vitor where he said how he's not the kind of expressive person like Vilas Boas and Mourinho who like the lime light and prefers to work on players and tactics. Phil Neville is a good talker and has been good with the media, he also knows all the players and the club well and I think would make a good person along side Vitor to settle him in as well as taking on the English media on his behalf!

In truth mind the betting market is still pretty clueless with him and Martinez favourites but at 4/1+

The market is jumping up and down at the moment, difficult to read whats going on. Only Kenwright and suntan Bob really know who they want. Although Eddie Howe's name is creeping up the list today, i can't say im even familiar with that name tbh.

I think Martinez will end up at Stoke and it could be an ideal appointment on their behalf with them having a defensive setup and him maybe being able to bring in a few players and adapt a more attacking style which I'm sure there fans would appreciate..

I think Pererira would be a great choice with maybe one of the other lads as a number two but if he did come surely he would want his own backroom staff and so on. If they do go with one of the ex players then it would purely be the cheap quick and easy option nothing more.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=403633

Vitor Pereira has a pre-contract agreement with Everton since two months ago. The contacts were established by his manager, Christophe Henrotay, still under exploration market, but evolved into a tacit understanding the cycle coach being confined to two-year contract and has not been outlined by the SAD portista the hypothesis renewal.

Negotiations with the emblem of Liverpool however given that precipitated the entry team FC Porto in a spiral of bad results from March 13, with the elimination of Champions, losing the final of the League Cup and dependence on third parties in the League after draw with Maritimo who left the Dragons four points behind then leader Benfica.

The long ago announced, but only now officially out of the Everton manager, David Moyes, for Manchester United this also made ​​contacts have been intensified even from a distance in time and space, with the protection of blues keep open other possibilities in the case of either party terminates the agreement.

"have been intensified even from a distance in time and space"

lol top translation! rofl.gif

Klinsmann came into low odds on Monday night but it siftly went back out again yesterday as I imagine it was discovered whatever rumours there were were crap

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1646687-usmnt-dont-sweat-the-jurgen-klinsmann-to-everton-rumors-at-least-not-yet?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=everton

bookies making it up?

indeed, price steam rolling in now.

I keep to betfair for looking at odds myself http://www.betfair.com/exchange/football/market?id=1.109380432

bookies tend to see an article and slash the odds to ridculous prices while Betfair generally where you'll find the most realistic movements and when someone finds out some proper information where you'll see prices tumbling first.

Interesting move on Vitor, not sure if there's anything behind it apart from that story posted earlier though.

Bleacher report is literally everything bad about American sports "journalism." They bring random people with no journalism experience but like sports and want to write about it, hand them 10 bucks a month, and give them storylines to write random crap about. One of their favorite things to do is have different people write contradicting articles; I guarantee you'll see a "Why Klinsmann is a good fit for Everton" or "Why Klinsmann to Everton Makes Sense" or something similar on their website soon, if it hasn't been published already. I personally wouldn't bet any money on Klinsmann being the guy but Bleacher Report is pretty much the last source to trust in that regard.

Edited by thoward18

Bleacher report is literally everything bad about American sports "journalism." They bring random people with no journalism experience but like sports and want to write about it, hand them 10 bucks a month, and give them storylines to write random crap about. One of their favorite things to do is have different people write contradicting articles; I guarantee you'll see a "Why Klinsmann is a good fit for Everton" or "Why Klinsmann to Everton Makes Sense" or something similar on their website soon, if it hasn't been published already. I personally wouldn't bet any money on Klinsmann being the guy but Bleacher Report is pretty much the last source to trust in that regard.

good to know!

What's the difference between Bleacher Report and DeadSpin? Both seem to allow anyone to write for them.

What's the difference between Bleacher Report and DeadSpin? Both seem to allow anyone to write for them.

I don't know where you got that idea. Deadspin is pretty selective and holds their writers to very, very high standards. As someone involved in sports journalism I can say with ease that I could get a Bleacher Report position by the end of the week if I wanted to, whereas I would KILL to even so much as have an unpaid internship with Deadspin for a month.

Grantland is the place to be for real journalism, though they focus mostly on more "American" sports. I only read it's basketball articles (Zach Lowe is the best basketball writer on the internet), but there are some articles on Klinsmann there.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/58109/jurgen-klinsmann-the-coach-vs-jurgen-klinsmann-the-visionary

I think we could do with someone like him, who'll do more than just coach the first team.

I just can't see VP at Everton?

I can't either and I am not sure if I would like to. Jose begets AVB, AVB begets VP. Jose is the 'special one', AVB certainly acts like 'son of special one', so where does that leave VP? I know nothing of his tactics(etc.)having seen very little of Porto this year. But, the personalities of his managerial father and grandfather leave me a bit concerned.

Edited by Gillooly

Who came before is irrelevant and will hold very little bearing to how he himself is as a manager...

He's already stated he's a different personality to Jose and AVB and doesn't like the lime light and just concentrates on tactics and the team which is what you want to hear.

I asked a Portuguese speak to translate the Pereira article. Here's the result:

Vitor Pereira has a pre-deal with Everton for two months now. The contacts were established by his agent, Christophe Henrotay, while scouting the market, but have evolved into an agreement since Pereira's contract was for two seasons and Porto direction hasn't considered extending the deal.

Negotiations with the Liverpool emblem were rushed when the team entered a bad result spiral by 13th March, being eliminated from the CL, defeated in the final of the League Cup and depending on Benfica's results for the championship, after a draw with Maritimo leaving Porto 4 points behind the then-leaders.

The long announced, but only now officialized leave of David Moyes to Manchester United has also caused the contacts to be intensified, but the english club have kept the safeguard of keeping other options open to the event of any of the parts denouncing the deal.

He does (confirmation below).

If Pereira were asked to help Everton start again in the summer, the fluent English speaker would inherit at least one player he knows well.

Pereira tried to sign Belgian forward Kevin Mirallas from Olympiakos last summer before being beaten to the player’s signature by Moyes. After Mirallas shone again during Sunday’s win over West Ham, he clearly knows a talent when he sees one.