IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Fair enough mate, no need to apologise.

Without sounding snippy, do you actually watch any of the SPL games? We can only beat what is put in front of us, and at least we have had teams showing more character this season and have given us very good games.

Again, we have pretty much sidetracked the league this season to have a good go at Europe, and have by and large made waves on that front again. Building up Scotland's co-efficiency points will ultimately ad to the postive future of Scottish football. Therefore we have become the fore-runners for Scotland - and to be honest, the somewhat "saviours".

Martinez isn't any worse than Lennon? With all due respect mate, Lennon has built a team that has competed in the Champions League this year on a budget of about £10m - that is fucking remarkable.

De Boer has done something similar with Ajax (who play in a better league) and has quite rightfully gained plaudits for his efforts, so why not Lennon in the eyes of English football and it's fans? Quite simply because we play in Scotland.

There's a reason why he has become a favourite to take over your club, and if SkySports are to be believed, that your club is ready to make an official approach.

its impressive, but Martinez has kept Wigan in the league on a shoestring, in a league were the competition is of a much, much higher standard (no offence)

I looked for a similar topic but there is no exact place to discuss just this:

Martinez - I don't want him he plays nice football but doesn't seem to learn from mistakes in terms of always fightin a relegation battle.

Neil Lennon - I wouldn't choose him I want experience or at least some sort of proven record of success.

Laudrup - He would be my first choice but why would he leave swansea for everton.

Martin O'neil - This would be fine for a few years but I want someone who can do a moyes and be here for a long term.

Gus Poyet - He would be my second choice although not sure he would leave Brighton if they come up

Getting into the last 16 of the Champions League no good enough for some fans then?

Martinez - I don't want him he plays nice football but doesn't seem to learn from mistakes in terms of always fightin a relegation battle.

Neil Lennon - I wouldn't choose him I want experience or at least some sort of proven record of success.

Laudrup - He would be my first choice but why would he leave swansea for everton.

Martin O'neil - This would be fine for a few years but I want someone who can do a moyes and be here for a long term.

Gus Poyet - He would be my second choice although not sure he would leave Brighton if they come up

you didnt look very far then did ya:

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/25085-new-manager-rumours/page-5&do=findComment&comment=341039

its impressive, but Martinez has kept Wigan in the league on a shoestring, in a league were the competition is of a much, much higher standard (no offence)

The EPL is not of a much higher standard than the Champions League - as your clubs have found out this year.

1 of them achievements is over 38 games..several times..lennon has done it over 6-8 games once

Lennon has continually grown in his achievements year in/year out since becoming manager.

Martinez' standards remain a constant - achieve safety by the skin of one's teeth (something that isn't looking very likely this year).

The EPL is not of a much higher standard than the Champions League - as your clubs have found out this year.

wasnt talking about the Champions League. Was referring to Martinez doing a better job than Lennon despite the constant relegation struggles, because his team are in a much tougher competition. Celtic dont have the same standard of competition.

wasnt talking about the Champions League. Was referring to Martinez doing a better job than Lennon despite the constant relegation struggles, because his team are in a much tougher competition. Celtic dont have the same standard of competition.

Aye you're right about the league being tougher, but take Scottish football out of the fact and to be honest, the teams regularly in the lower half of the SPL generally aren't as good as made out to be.

Martin ofuckingneil ? dont%20know.gifmajor%20overreaction%20alert.gif

I have a feeling that whoever comes in, will be pretty top drawer. Just have this feeling, now I've read that Moyes had already planned next season and will assist in the hunt for a new manager, he wouldn't want to see all his hardwork burnt.

If its someone, it'll be noone we saw coming and they'll be better than the candidates we are currently discussing.

Great stuff, absolutely delighted.

Hopefully we keep him and get prepared for yet another great and profitable run in the Champions League.

Great news.

genuinely hope that works out for you. Got a friend over here who is a big Celtic fan, would be great to see your lot doing well again :)

I seriously hope it's not Vitor Pereira. I'm quite unimpressed with his work at Porto. But then again when you look at the other names being mentioned few are particulary exciting. Can't believe I was without internet for the last few days when it all happened! Couldn't access toffeetalk on the iphone for some reason either. Anyway...

Welcome to the board Wan

It's obvious Your loyal to Lennon and do rate Him and although I don't think He's a bad manager I think He's far below the standard We should be looking at here. His achievements in the CL are commendable but for Me its no different then a League two manager having a good run in the FA cup and beating a few big clubs on route when You compare the gulf in quality and so on...

Let's be honest the SPL is a piss poor league in comparison to most in Europe even more so now it's not a two horse race, I think any half decent manager could win the league with Celtic considering the quality of competition.

Without going into to much detail the likes of Lennon are simply not good enough in My eyes far from it, average manager with massive chip on his shoulder and a poor attitude.