IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

why aren't these people banned? :shaking fist:

Come on marco you know I'm taking the piss :rofl:

i read somewhere that Mourihno wants him as Chelsea #2 :blink:

:o if that's the case then he's gone proper mental! Edited by TC.

why aren't these people banned? shaking%20fist.png

Heh - I'm not trolling, I'm deadly serious. Everton needs a manager with more experience and better credentials than Moyes. Yes, Martinez, Lennon, Mackay, Laudrup are all good managers with similarities to Moyes .... but is that what we want? Or do we want to push to move forward? Benitez, although I really hate him (!), has these credentials in my opinion.

Welcome to the board Wan

It's obvious Your loyal to Lennon and do rate Him and although I don't think He's a bad manager I think He's far below the standard We should be looking at here. His achievements in the CL are commendable but for Me its no different then a League two manager having a good run in the FA cup and beating a few big clubs on route when You compare the gulf in quality and so on...

Let's be honest the SPL is a piss poor league in comparison to most in Europe even more so now it's not a two horse race, I think any half decent manager could win the league with Celtic considering the quality of competition.

Without going into to much detail the likes of Lennon are simply not good enough in My eyes far from it, average manager with massive chip on his shoulder and a poor attitude.

Thank you.

I am loyal to Lennon and do rate him, but I am in no way denying any of his faults or the environment that he is involved in.

What I will most definitely say is that he has FAR from a chip on his shoulder and his attitude is far from being poor - although I do suppose being physically assaulted, sent death threats, parcel bombs, vilified by almost every angle of the Scottish media for displaying passion for his boyhood team would make most a bit tetchy.......the fact that he still remains in the country and the manager of Celtic without walking away is testament to his character.

Again, we KNOW that Scottish football isn't great, but it's great how we can still produce a few good Scottish lads now and again, and under Lennon have made progress in Europe - getting to the Europa League group stage, then last season getting to the last 16 of the Champions LEague (which by NO means is on par with FA Cup - regardless of it being knockout/cup format competition). Celtic (even in YOUR eyes) are certainly not on par with any English league 2 side - I find that highly offensive.

Celtic (even in YOUR eyes) are certainly not on par with any English league 2 side - I find that highly offensive.

Don't take offense mate as non was intended and I maybe should have worded it better it was more so a comparison of the situation in regards to a team over achieving if you will in a cup competition more so then a comparison in quality.

I'll admit I don't know the full ins and outs of what has gone on with Lennon outside of football and i know He's had some tough moments but in general in interviews He comes across for Me anyway as having a chip on his shoulder and a the world is against me type attitude but as said that's just M opinion and I could well be way off the mark....

All that aside I just don't rate Him as being a manager who could cut it in the top half of the EPL He may do well elsewhere but for Me not here.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Don't take offense mate as non was intended and I maybe should have worded it better it was more so a comparison of the situation in regards to a team over achieving if you will in a cup competition more so then a comparison in quality.

I'll admit I don't know the full ins and outs of what has gone on with Lennon outside of football and i know He's had some tough moments but in general in interviews He comes across for Me anyway as having a chip on his shoulder and a the world is against me type attitude but as said that's just M opinion and I could well be way off the mark....

All that aside I just don't rate Him as being a manager who could cut it in the top half of the EPL He may do well elsewhere but for Me not here.

Fair enough pal, we are all entitled to our opinions.

I just wouldn't like to see any of your lot dismiss Lennon as manager because of this supposed "attitude" problem - if you actually watch the majority of his interviews, and not the ones hand-picked by TV to make him appear as some sort of pantomime villain, you will see he is a very articulate and likeable chap - quite strange indeed as you hear interviews with the usual sets of journalists laughing away with Lennon, then the following day writing absolute bullshit about him, and connotations towards him being nothing other than an angry wee ginger man............nonsense!

I suspect (and take no offense), that the majority of fans (not just Everton, but England), do not watch enough Scottish football or Celtic games to properly judge Lennon on how good a manager is - therefore are just judging on the state of Scottish fitba, and the biased media clips of Lennon - fair enough, but I would suggest if he's an actual candidate of coming to your club, then get a wee bit more knowledge on him and the job he has done with Celtic - heck, even get the views from some Celtic supporters.

Again like, Everton aren't a team that are going to attract the sexy football foreign coaches. You need a manager with heart, passion, desire, will and courage. You need someone who is savvy in the transfer market to pick up hidden gems, get a good season or two out of them, then punt them on for a good ol' transfer fee.

I sort of dismissed Lennon too if I am honest. Not cos he is a poor manager or any reason like that. I just don't see him fitting in at Everton. To be frank Everton were in a poor shape when Moyes arrived, we were lucky in that he had some experience in English football (albeit at a lower level) Lennon may prove great in the EPL, but somehow I can't see him understanding the Everton way. He can say he understands the Glasgow Derby for example but that is not the same as a Merseyside Derby. I am not sure I am putting my point across properly here. But basically I just have the same sort of feeling about Lennon that I had about Mike Walker when we appointed him.

I sort of dismissed Lennon too if I am honest. Not cos he is a poor manager or any reason like that. I just don't see him fitting in at Everton. To be frank Everton were in a poor shape when Moyes arrived, we were lucky in that he had some experience in English football (albeit at a lower level) Lennon may prove great in the EPL, but somehow I can't see him understanding the Everton way. He can say he understands the Glasgow Derby for example but that is not the same as a Merseyside Derby. I am not sure I am putting my point across properly here. But basically I just have the same sort of feeling about Lennon that I had about Mike Walker when we appointed him.

I'd say that Everton and Celtic are pretty similar tbh.

Lennon has done basically the EXACT same thing as Moyes - taken over a club in disarray, steadied the ship, brought in great players and built great foundations and built upon them.

To be fair, Lennon played in England for many years and I'm sure he has watched his share of MErseyside games and will be more than aware of the importance for both sides. That being said, no manager (unless a dyed-in-the-wool Toffee or Red) will truly know 100% until they manage in it - will be the same for most/all the managers you are shortlisting.

Again like, I hope that you don't get your hands on Lennon, but I'd be happier if he went to Everton as I know he will do a good job there and FOR the fans - certainly better than the likes of Martinez and the likes of Redknapp etc.

Gaaahhhhhhhhhh Don't mention 'Onest 'Arry as a possiblility. I would stab myself with a spoon before I could accept that.

It's a certain to that his name will be mentioned - especially as Queen's Fart Rangers have been relegated.

He's a very good manager, but is to obsessed with spending millions on over-rated players.

You never know, Alan Pardew might be out of a job in the next few weeks..............could be worth a 25 year contract with yous?

It's a certain to that his name will be mentioned - especially as Queen's Fart Rangers have been relegated.

He's a very good manager, but is to obsessed with spending millions on over-rated players.

You never know, Alan Pardew might be out of a job in the next few weeks..............could be worth a 25 year contract with yous?

just when you thought it couldnt get worse....

crying.gif

rofl.gif

Talkshite are saying that Mackay has been approached though. Not sure myself considering BK said on live TV yesterday that it was a shock and he only had a few names in mind, to the following day actually offering the job to someone.

Making an approach is not offering the job.