IGNORED

Arouna Kone

Also, he used to wear number 2. Stuff like that really bugs me. You can't trust a player that chooses a number that is 'nothing to do' with his position. MIlan Baros (5), and Ince (9) did that. Even Dempsey wears 2 and calls himself 'Deuce', but that's to do with his rapping so we can forigve that. So then, no to Koné purely based on the fact he wears number 2. Actually, he is a bit number 2...

Also, he used to wear number 2. Stuff like that really bugs me. You can't trust a player that chooses a number that is 'nothing to do' with his position. MIlan Baros (5), and Ince (9) did that. Even Dempsey wears 2 and calls himself 'Deuce', but that's to do with his rapping so we can forigve that. So then, no to Koné purely based on the fact he wears number 2. Actually, he is a bit number 2...

Stop talking crap :happy:

Not happening in this world. Anyhow, from the press conference, Bob didn't sound like he was in a honeymoon phase with any of his former players.

The guy is a shrewd negotiator. I'd be surprised if he'd say anything about any player until a deal's almost done.

It would be rather amusing if Liverpool signed Kone as a replacement for Suarez. :)

Koné is an absolute underrated player. He is not only a great poacher, he also make his teams play better. As you know, I'm from Spain and last season he was brillant with Levante. Martínez loves combinative players and Koné is ideal playing in possesion-minded teams (although Levante wasn't)

Reminds me of Marcus Bent, but much much better. He'd be a useful squad player, and would help us break down the lower teams that we tend to struggle with. However at £6(?) mil and with little sell-on value, he'd have to gain us an extra 10 points a season to justify the move. Better off taking the risk on a youngster.

I think he would be a useful addition but not for the price that's being floated around... I think we'd do better to spend the money on a promising player who will pay dividends for years to come. And it saddens me to say this but to buy a player who we can potentially sell and make some profit off of.

I wasn't being serious - I'm not really discounting his ability based on the number he wears, though players wearing 'strange' numbers does bug me. I just don't think he's good enough.

You said "Actually, he is a bit number 2..."

I said "Stop talking crap". :)

I didn't think for a minute you weren't joking.

You said "Actually, he is a bit number 2..."

I said "Stop talking crap". :)

I didn't think for a minute you weren't joking.

Ah, I see (now). You'll have to forgive my slowness, you see I have all the mental skill and timing of an Arouna Koné run into the penalty area.

Ah, I see (now). You'll have to forgive my slowness, you see I have all the mental skill and timing of an Arouna Koné run into the penalty area.

It's cool mate.

Nobody else gets my humour on here either. To me, it's so obvious, but unfortunately not to others.

If martinez starts spunking on old wigan boys it will take us down

I'm no prude, but that sounded decidedly disgusting ?

I don't know hardly anything about this player, may of had a good game against us in the FA cup and other rounds, but that doesn't make it so. I haven't heard the name banded about much in recent years although something indicates this could be a player of potential. Just little bits of news I may have seen here and there. I have no idea to his rough valuation and if people think the price in question is too high, fair enough. General consensus seems to be a name to avoid so maybe that's as far as we'll get on this.

I hope we don't sign him, especially for the reported 5million. He's 29 years of age, had one half decent season in the Premier League and will have absolutely no sell on value. i'm praying he doesn't bring in kone, maloney and a few older lads from wigan. id take alcaraz on a free and mcmannaman and mccarthy if they were cheap enough but not over the odds for either of them. also i hope he evaluates and sees what needs doing with the squad, alot of dead wood that needs to be shifted, mucha, hibbert, heitinga, naismith, hitzelperger can all be sold to raise funds and to get them off the wage bill, not good enough. also i'd accept decent money for fellaini, osman and anichebe to be able to rebuild the squad. i hope he doesn't come in and instantly think how much better the squad is than his at wigan so immediately thinks he can work with them all. young lads like, stones, barkley, oviedo, gueye, vellios, kennedy, duffy can all get a look in too. unfortunately we need a bit of back up in defence and his record for signing defenders isin't exactly great.. need seriosu quality and youngsters injected into that team. he says he thinks he can qualify for champions league on a small budget so lets hope he sticks to it. also i think everton can attract much better prospects than wigan ever could so he might have a few players in mind that fit the bill.

Sorry, meant by that was just release or sell those players. I'm aware of Osman signing a new contract but has that ever stopped a player being sold? If anything gives us more leverage when demanding higher transfer fee. Can't see it happening but just if the price was right, i'd definately consider it.

• 2 weeks later...

Fromm BBC Sport, this morning;

Norwich are competing with Everton for Wigan striker Arouna Kone. The 29-year-old Ivory Coast international's contract has a £5m buy-out clause.

Full story: Daily Mail

Here's the link to the Mail - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2347007/Arouna-Kone-wanted-Everton-Norwich.html

Edited by Cake