IGNORED

Arouna Kone

Fromm BBC Sport, this morning;

Norwich are competing with Everton for Wigan striker Arouna Kone. The 29-year-old Ivory Coast international's contract has a £5m buy-out clause.

Full story: Daily Mail

Here's the link to the Mail - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2347007/Arouna-Kone-wanted-Everton-Norwich.html

Sky sports this morning saying Kone has said he wants to follow Martinez to Everton.

I think he is determined not to play in the Championship, more than his desire to reunite with Rob.

His age means he is only a short term gain, so what happens in 2 years time when we have no money again and need a striker?

I would rather we use any money we have to purchase long term players, who will have sell on returns, as opposed to stop gaps.

If it's 5 million that's not a lot for a proven striker

We're never going to get a top top striker at the moment,I'll take him and sell vic.

He's not a proven striker though Patto. 11 league goals last season in 32 + 2 subs isn't really anything to shout about for a striker. It doesn't even get him in the top scorers list

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

He's not a proven striker though Patto. 11 league goals last season in 32 + 2 subs isn't really anything to shout about for a striker. It doesn't even get him in the top scorers list

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

He is more proven than our current strikers and he can offer a lot more to the team than our current strikers. He wouldnt be my first choice by a long way but at the right price he will be a very effective striker for any club.

He is more proven than our current strikers and he can offer a lot more to the team than our current strikers. He wouldnt be my first choice by a long way but at the right price he will be a very effective striker for any club.

I think our current strikers would benefit from having midfielders who are prepared to shoot.

If we play good football and provide Jela some service, he will score more than Kone is capable of. He had an off year. No use in signing Kone. Either we get somebody for the future, or we splash the cash (har har har) on somebody with a guaranteed 20 goals in them. Kone isn't worth any of the prices quoted to us. I don't think he's shite. Just think that he would need to be in an entirely different contract situation to be feasible for us to sign.

I really hope this doesn't happen. Whether you rate him or not its such a stupid desicion finance wise. He's got a max of 2 good years left in him and like someone already pointed out.. What happens then? We are skint with 1 less striker.

In our financial situation (as much as it pains me to say this) we should be following the route liverpool are, securing good young talents with plenty of potential and with the possiblity of a big profit. This deal would be the complete opposite. He might be a bit better than what we've got but, I guarantee we could get someone else in who has a lot more potential for not much more or maybe the same amount we pay for Kone. Aspas for £7m is a great deal, which shows it can be done.

I really hope this doesn't happen. Whether you rate him or not its such a stupid desicion finance wise. He's got a max of 2 good years left in him and like someone already pointed out.. What happens then? We are skint with 1 less striker.

In our financial situation (as much as it pains me to say this) we should be following the route liverpool are, securing good young talents with plenty of potential and with the possiblity of a big profit. This deal would be the complete opposite. He might be a bit better than what we've got but, I guarantee we could get someone else in who has a lot more potential for not much more or maybe the same amount we pay for Kone. Aspas for £7m is a great deal, which shows it can be done.

I agree, I think the £6.5M Wigan want based on the buy out clause is steep for a player of his age and ability. This is the sort of money we paided for Mirallas, so I would rather see us look to other european leagues for a decent youngster.

£3M tops is enough for Kone really, as he has no real sell on value. It is always nice to hear players want to come to us, but we would really need to be getting him reasonabely cheap. Martinez got him at a decent enough price at Wigan, I don't think he would have spent £6.5M on him though.

If we play good football and provide Jela some service, he will score more than Kone is capable of. He had an off year. No use in signing Kone. Either we get somebody for the future, or we splash the cash (har har har) on somebody with a guaranteed 20 goals in them. Kone isn't worth any of the prices quoted to us. I don't think he's shite. Just think that he would need to be in an entirely different contract situation to be feasible for us to sign.

The difference is Kone can create his own chances either through his individual play or his link up play with his team mates, whereas Jelavic needs the rest of the team to put the chances on a plate.

The current prices quoted are far too much but Kone has a much better all round game than people give him credit for. The amount of times I saw him hold the ball up well and play clever little passes into his team mates surprised me as I didnt realise that he had that ability.

I think he's a handy player but i'd rather spend a few quid more and get a top striker, if we sign Kone that pretty much gives us 3-4 strikers (including Naismith) so I can't see us getting another (better) one.

Hence, I'd be worried if we signed Kone.

Owen Coyle has pretty much confirmed on 5live that Kone will sign for us this week. Not going to lie I DON'T want him he's too old for the money we are paying, Martinez said he wasn't necessarily going to go sign Wigan players and he could be looking at a more broader market? Please tell me where he's been looking because there has got to be some younger better striking options available. Does he not understand we had the second oldest team last season and its not going to get younger buying a 29 year old for 6 million. That's a bloody waste money considering we rarely have money to blow. Can't say I'm that excited about the names being linked with us since Martinez arrival and certainly won't be excited if we do sign Kone. People like Bony would be a much better option he's younger and has sell on value, Kone has none and we won't get our value out of him. Every other club has been strengthening buying some decent players and Kone isn't that much better than what we already have he isn't going to majorly improve our squad.

5m for a 30 year old striker? I don't know. Doesn't seem like a good deal for the money, although his goal return has been decent at most places he's been with (around 1 in 3 I believe).

*If he were coming for 2-3m I'd be much more excited. 5m seems a bit much though.

Edited by Quinn31