IGNORED

Matthew Pennington

• 2 months later...

yeah RM was big upping him either this year or last year and i was wondering if he would get a first team shot or not. you don't think he's got what it takes romey? another duffy?

I really have no idea tbh, I've not seen much, if anything, of him first hand.

I know they loved him at Tranmere (their fans group paid to get him back on loan the second time), and he's obviously done well with Coventry. But I don't know if he could transfer it to a higher level.

• 5 weeks later...

I really have no idea tbh, I've not seen much, if anything, of him first hand.

I know they loved him at Tranmere (their fans group paid to get him back on loan the second time), and he's obviously done well with Coventry. But I don't know if he could transfer it to a higher level.

With the likes of Galloway, Stones and Browning seemingly ahead of him in the pecking order I reckon he will have to move on if he is to progress

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I reckon he'll be sold this time next year myself. Not because I don't rate him but I just don't think he'll get game time with us. Maybe that's why we've got him tied to a longer contract - so we can get money for him, which is a smart move.

Lol before I read this I was about to respond "congrats, I'll look forward to seeing you sold to Leeds in the near future".

Would obviously like to get him loan experience in the Championship to see if he can really cut it. He seems to be flying under the radar a bit, but is highly rated. Maybe (being optimistic here) he could be the next Hibbo or Ossie? A long-serving squad player who never really becomes a star for us but remains a loyal servant?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Supposedly nearing his return. Hope he can find a way to stay relevant and secure a future with our squad. Not the flashiest player, but he has an underrated quality for today's defenders... He likes to defend.

I hope with Pennington, Holgate, Galloway, Foulds and the like around we are set for future CBS, sure have a good amount of them that have already been involved in the first team.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...