IGNORED

Martinez won't last the season

Things could just click under Martinez, Coleman and Vic could keep getting better, Jellavic could start scoring, Baines might stay and have a great season with Pienaar, hell! the players might just enjoy a fresh approach.

Other teams might just slip up a tad.

Just wish the new man well and hold your nerve, that's what we did with Moyes.

Im really excited to see how Jelavic works under RM this season.

Hopefully Fellaini is put back into a more anchorman/ deep lying playmaker roll and allow Jelavic to be fed from 3 or so attacking players behind him. I think it will be a fresh start for Jelly.

I know RM likes to play 3 at the back so next season I'd like to see this team:

-------------Howard------------

------Alcaraz-Jags-Distin-----

-Coleman--Fellaini--Baines-

--------------Gibson-----------

---Mirallas---------Pienaar---

---Jelavic/Kone/Anichebe---

or hopefully:-

-------------Howard------------

------Alcaraz-Jags-Distin-----

-Coleman--Fellaini--Baines-

---Mirallas-Honda-Pienaar--

---Jelavic/Kone/Anichebe---

Personally I like Roberto. The more I hear from the interviews that he gives the more convinced I am that he may well be just the right choice. One thing for sure is that he will be given time to either make or break...... Lets hope he can improve the squad and live up to his goal of getting us into Europe on a regular basis...

Yes it was a completely different thing. We were relegation fodder and we aren't now.

Moyes managed to get Everton down to 17th in his SECOND season in charge - Everton showed faith and he obliged -

Martinez needs at least 2 seasons to build a solid foundation from which he can launch Everton to the next level -

Martinez beat a number of top5 clubs in their backyard or neutral grounds, while Moyes could not beat United , Liverpool ,Arsenal , Chelsea or Tottenham away in 11 years -

he beat the mighty Man City in the FA Cup final with a side with a total value of 11mil pounds - less than the value of Fellaini alone -

if ever there was a side which came to a gunfight with a knife it was WIGAN -

so please stop sounding like an old hag with wet panties and give Martinez a break -

Martinez has more acheivements on his CV than the Moyesias who were given a whole 11 years to end 4th once without silverware -

lets wait and see - VIVA EVERTON VIVA!

Moyes managed to get Everton down to 17th in his SECOND season in charge - Everton showed faith and he obliged -

Martinez needs at least 2 seasons to build a solid foundation from which he can launch Everton to the next level -

Martinez beat a number of top5 clubs in their backyard or neutral grounds, while Moyes could not beat United , Liverpool ,Arsenal , Chelsea or Tottenham away in 11 years -

he beat the mighty Man City in the FA Cup final with a side with a total value of 11mil pounds - less than the value of Fellaini alone -

if ever there was a side which came to a gunfight with a knife it was WIGAN -

so please stop sounding like an old hag with wet panties and give Martinez a break -

Martinez has more acheivements on his CV than the Moyesias who were given a whole 11 years to end 4th once without silverware -

lets wait and see - VIVA EVERTON VIVA!

I wish you guys would check your facts before posting them as such.

We've beaten Spurs at their place plenty under Moyes.

I wish you guys would check your facts before posting them as such.

We've beaten Spurs at their place plenty under Moyes.

I don't think we beat them plenty of times there under Moyes, their place is a bit of a hoodoo for us I think :( (not just under Moyes, mind), but I know we beat them there at least once under Moyes. Edited by Romey 1878

I don't think we beat them plenty of times there under Moyes, their place is a bit of a hoodoo for us I think :( (not just under Moyes, mind), but I know we best them there at least once under Moyes.

we did well in cup competitions I think

Elland Road was the worst ever away venue for Everton going back far enough, an absolute horrendous record in West Yorkshire, but Moyes did indeed win three times at White Hart Lane in successive seasons at the end of the last decade, before which, our last league win at Tottenham was around 1985, although we did win there in the FA cup on route to the final in 1986. We never won a cup fixture at Tottenham under Moyes' tenure incidentally. The last cup success (at WHL), would have been as mentioned, with Howard Kendall in 1985/86.

Remember though, while still fine achievements with those three London wins, David Moyes was unable to register an away victory in his entire 11 years of tenure at Liverpool, Manchester United, Plastics and Arsenal. Say what you like - but simply not fucking good enough ! All the Moyes best boys should always remember that, although that's not an attack and didn't have a problem with Moyes overall, fully aware of all the fine work he did elsewhere, but it is, after all, still a regrettable statistic.

In any event, Moyes has left finally and we have a new name to lead us on to whatever may be ahead, but for the benefit of this thread piece once again, there's no way he'll (Martinez) be fired by end of season, regardless of what occurs. I don't know what the author was thinking

Elland Road was the worst ever away venue for Everton going back far enough, an absolute horrendous record in West Yorkshire, but Moyes did indeed win three times at White Hart Lane in successive seasons at the end of the last decade, before which, our last league win at Tottenham was around 1985, although we did win there in the FA cup on route to the final in 1986. We never won a cup fixture at Tottenham under Moyes' tenure incidentally. The last cup success (at WHL), would have been as mentioned, with Howard Kendall in 1985/86.

Remember though, while still fine achievements with those three London wins, David Moyes was unable to register an away victory in his entire 11 years of tenure at Liverpool, Manchester United, Plastics and Arsenal. Say what you like - but simply not fucking good enough ! All the Moyes best boys should always remember that, although that's not an attack and didn't have a problem with Moyes overall, fully aware of all the fine work he did elsewhere, but it is, after all, still a regrettable statistic.

In any event, Moyes has left finally and we have a new name to lead us on to whatever may be ahead, but for the benefit of this thread piece once again, there's no way he'll (Martinez) be fired by end of season, regardless of what occurs. I don't know what the author was thinking

In the spring of 2012, Wigan beat Arsenal and Liverpool away, ManU and Newcastle at home. They lost 2-1 at Stamford Bridge after giving up two goals that were clearly offside. There's real hope for Everton to beat these teams in the coming season.

Gone by Xmas or the end of the season what an absolute joke - we are not Chelsea, Spurs, Man City or QPR, and we have not signed Harry Rednapp, Mark Hughes or Di Canio as the manager. Martinez is not going to rip apart what Moyes has already steadily built, and go wild in the transfer market. Martinez spoke with respect of where the club are and how he want to steadily improve.

Although Moyes and Martinez are different in many way regarding there approaches to the game - They have few things in common they are both real grafters and student of the game. They are both really honest and straight talking fella's with strong principles and act with integrity, I think Martinez will build the same type of open and close relationship with the Chairman as Moyes did. I don't see any sort of love hate relationship going on.

I am nervously excited about the next regime at Everton - From what I have heard from Martinez so far I really think we have the best man for this particular job (I was in the Pereira camp originally) . Will we kick on?, I don't know, its a very tough ask to consistently rub shoulder with any of the Man U, City, Spur, Chelsea, Arsenal and even Liverpool, they all have vastly superior resources year after year and this is not going to change any time soon.

The Everton job is actually a difficult job for any manager in world football - you have very little scope to screw up in the transfer market, you can't buy yourself out of trouble or amass a large squad to cover transfer dealing deficiencies, and us fans expect year on year progress.

Gone by Xmas or the end of the season what an absolute joke - we are not Chelsea, Spurs, Man City or QPR, and we have not signed Harry Rednapp, Mark Hughes or Di Canio as the manager. Martinez is not going to rip apart what Moyes has already steadily built, and go wild in the transfer market. Martinez spoke with respect of where the club are and how he want to steadily improve.

Although Moyes and Martinez are different in many way regarding there approaches to the game - They have few things in common they are both real grafters and student of the game. They are both really honest and straight talking fella's with strong principles and act with integrity, I think Martinez will build the same type of open and close relationship with the Chairman as Moyes did. I don't see any sort of love hate relationship going on.

I am nervously excited about the next regime at Everton - From what I have heard from Martinez so far I really think we have the best man for this particular job (I was in the Pereira camp originally) . Will we kick on?, I don't know, its a very tough ask to consistently rub shoulder with any of the Man U, City, Spur, Chelsea, Arsenal and even Liverpool, they all have vastly superior resources year after year and this is not going to change any time soon.

The Everton job is actually a difficult job for any manager in world football - you have very little scope to screw up in the transfer market, you can't buy yourself out of trouble or amass a large squad to cover transfer dealing deficiencies, and us fans expect year on year progress.

Great post

Had a few sherbets this night, but what else to say on this issue.

Just to reiterate, there's no chance in hell Martinez will be fired by Everton Football Club by end of season. Why ? - because common sense dictates that he won't. Moyes had 11 years in charge at our club and yet won nothing but Kenwright kept the faith and allowed him to continue. Maybe in retrospect that wasn't the best of decisions, but as always, no animosity towards Moyes himself. I only want to see the club do well, and Yes, win something again.

For the last time, I'm (we're) not expecting an overnight success here, but if at least Martinez can bring about a greater attacking intent than previously witnessed and show a bit more attacking emphasis than David Moyes' often banal and mundane tactics than at least we're headed in the right direction. Winning the FA cup with Wigan Athletic this season was a great achievement, but we must remind ourselves the team itself, did suffer a relegation.

That said, Martinez will have a better caliber of players to work with this time around, so while not expecting any great things, am at least curious to see what he can produce. League consistency is important ,but have to be in that percentage where I want to see Everton football club achieve a first trophy success since 1994-95, and we do indeed have a better chance than before (I believe) to finally end that barren run with the new name in charge, but as with all things,only time will tell.

I posted another thread about moyes buying the Wigan team. Look what's happened. Everyone is excited about this guy from Barca but lets wait and see

Moyes buying the wigan team??? Martinez maybe?

Maybe you just wanna your shite premature statement to be true so you look like a visionary. We are already looking a stronger squad with negligible spend - see how a player with a $35million release clause gets entrusted to Martinez because no less than Barcelona identify that he is the right manager to bring along their most highly rated player since Messi...

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't this the fella that wanted Barca to sell Messi? Cruyff is a fucking deluded idiot so I'm not arsed what he thinks about RM.

Talking shite I'm afraid... He's a fucking legend, the visionary that gave barca the footballing philosophy you see today.

Did you just read "cruyff says sell the best player in the world" and stop there?

He said he wouldn't have bought neymar, but now they have then maybe they should look to sell messi due to a potential dilution of their skills.

It's not a completely daft idea, he looks at the sponsorship reality etc. messi is brilliant, anyone knows that. He just knows a little more about the complexities than you or I.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nikica

Didn't know where else to put this but it seems as good a place as any...

I'm gonna stick my neck on the line and say Martinez will do very well for you (I say 'you' rather than 'us' as I'm not an Everton fan). You're building a very good squad with talented players and he's brought in some decent lads. I have to laugh at the snobbery in English football at him bringing in some of his old Wigan players. Alcaraz is a very good defender who reads the game well. He was a mainstay of the Paraguay defence who performed so well at the 2010 World Cup and most of the following year's Copa America, but according to some in the media he's a poor signing. Right. The fact he's not a sexy name or eye-catching doesn't mean he's not a strong addition to your squad. Kone is no world beater but he has a decent ground game, is fast and will chip in with goals. I expect he and Jelavic to compete for the main striker role anyway so he probably won't be a regular. Robles is a talented young goalkeeper as well and a decent addition. I already talked about Deulofeu in his thread. You've did well with your additions.

I didn't want to say so at the time as an outsider giving his opinion didn't seem right (many of you were split betwen being pro-Moyes and anti-Moyes) but, to be honest, I was never a fan of Moyes. I think his abilities are overstated and exaggerated (I've covered this extensively elsewhere, but to sum it up succinctly, he isn't the miracle working pauper people say he is). He did a good job at Everton but he didn't perform miracles and, given time, Martinez can do a better job without question. I do think Martinez is potentially a better manager than Moyes. He certainly plays better football and has a much 'wider' view of football (i.e. he isn't an old-school Brit like Moyes). The only question is if he can make the step up from Wigan? I think he will but it's certainly not guaranteed. However, to reiterate, I'm prepared to make the prediction that he will and if I'm wrong I will admit it.

I expect Everton to play great football for the most part next season and finish top 7 at the very least. Start well and perform consistently throughout the season and a serious challenge for the CL is not out of the question, although that is probably asking too much in Martinez's first season.

• 3 weeks later...

Most people seem to forget what he achieved at swansea , he took them to the playoffs, and then the following season they ended up league one champions, then in the championship the swans at one stage only lost 4 in 30 games, he pretty much put the swans where they are now, big Brenda had fuck all to do with it! So Wigan got relegated but I'mnot surprised with the budget, injuries and players they always lose, what is surprising is they won the cup something we never did. Buy then you could argue that we never got relegated, well our squad is 20 times better than Wigan's was so I don't even think its an argument

What a negative post, give Roberto a chance for fucks sake, Would ask the person who started this subject, who else would he have had as our new manager.

RM has so far gone about his business in an impressive way. We know there will be a bad run, its sods law, lets give the man our total backing.

For Christ sake having such a negative view this early into Roberto,s tenure is so counter productive.. .Fail to see the point of such negativity.

But of course the poster is entitled to his opinion .