IGNORED

Martinez won't last the season

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-seamus-coleman-pays-6372781

I think I love this man. Under Moyes we always believed our players were capable of something special but I don't think Moyes ever truly believed that. It looks like this man does believe.

If anyone hears interviews of the players it is very easy to understand as to why we struggled to get results under Moyes - the same words about the new regime under martinez: "belief" "have a go" "confidence" "freedom".... used in a way that they never had that before.

Just see at the end last night, Lukaku picked up the ball from 25 yards with a minute of injury time remaining, he could have ran towards the corner flag to run the time down.... what did he do??? Had a shot that went a metre wide.... under Moyes we would have seen wild gestures and frowns followed by a look and "I can't believe he just did that - idiot!" to his ever faithful Steve Round who will just shake his head supporting his bosses condemnation of someone trying to score a goal... under Martinez its just another playing doing what he is meant to do - play with no fear...

Can we change the title of this thread???

Martinez won't last the season because he might be bought for an absolute fortune by Man United or Real Madrid or maybe Bayern Munich in January - hehehe -

bad news for them is he wont take the offer like some other ginger gaffer did - because he truly loves Everton -

Roberto is a man who turned down the attentions of voluptuous Liverpool while still at little Wigan - this is a man with old fashioned principles -

Roberto you stay just where you are - we Evertonians love you more than you love us - now you should know how much that is ......

Martinez won't last the season because he might be bought for an absolute fortune by Man United or Real Madrid or maybe Bayern Munich in January - hehehe -

bad news for them is he wont take the offer like some other ginger gaffer did - because he truly loves Everton -

Roberto is a man who turned down the attentions of voluptuous Liverpool while still at little Wigan - this is a man with old fashioned principles -

Roberto you stay just where you are - we Evertonians love you more than you love us - now you should know how much that is ......

I don't blame Moyes for leaving us for Man U. He gave us a number of years and fought the temptation to leave for greener pastures multiple times. Objectively speaking, the Man U job was the biggest one on the market and a once in a lifetime opportunity for Moyes. I have no qualms with him making that move.

I do have qualms with him acting like a massive twat ever since.

Voluptuous Liverpool? Ha ha never head that before. Love the love for Roberto though

I don't blame Moyes for leaving us for Man U. He gave us a number of years and fought the temptation to leave for greener pastures multiple times. Objectively speaking, the Man U job was the biggest one on the market and a once in a lifetime opportunity for Moyes. I have no qualms with him making that move.

I do have qualms with him acting like a massive twat ever since.

When did he fight the temptation to leave? No one ever made an approach for him.

Maybe not fully, but the rumors had been circulating forever. Especially with German clubs. He never explicitly tried to get out.

Alan Smith must have turned down a move to us loads of times then!

It's hard to try and get out when no ones in for you and no one ever was. He wasn't doing us a favour by being our manager you know? He was paid extremely well and was only ever expected to achieve another year in the Premier League.

Moyes could have left us for another job earlier - not all approaches become official and why wouldn't clubs like Villa and maybe even Spurs have wanted him? He was loyal to us but obviously that was helped by his very handsome pay cheque. I will always have respect for his overall job at EFC but he's no concern of mine now. He's moved on, I've moved on and EFC have moved on... and I'm loving it!

Some of the songs on Wednesday night I've heard were out of order and sick. There's banter and then there's horrific songs about him "touching boys". Things like that have no place. He was here 11 years and we've gotta remember, at the start, if we had a poor manager we would have probably been relegated. He brought stability to the club, and that I respect him for. I wasn't too amused about some of the things he's said since joining Utd but I will never criticise the man. Move on and enjoy our new manager.

Some of the songs on Wednesday night I've heard were out of order and sick. There's banter and then there's horrific songs about him "touching boys". Things like that have no place. He was here 11 years and we've gotta remember, at the start, if we had a poor manager we would have probably been relegated. He brought stability to the club, and that I respect him for. I wasn't too amused about some of the things he's said since joining Utd but I will never criticise the man. Move on and enjoy our new manager.

Totally agree with everything you wrote. But in all fairness, not a lot of things rhyme with Moyes. :D

I'm just trying to work out what clubs with a better following than Everton would have offered a manager £70k a week to do the following:-

• Work with a low risk transfer budget, enabling higher wages to attract the quality places who can be bought cheap
  • Finish in the league in and around where your wage budget predicts you will finish
  • Surrender to top teams as long as you do the above
  • Play any negative tactics and selections which may result in the above, as long you do 2 above
  • Allow you to tell the fans and press that its ok to do the above 2 because you are a little lowly club

I don't really think other options would have been anything other than maybe Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle.... do we really need to thank him for not going to those mega clubs???

In all seriousness, as stated before, Moyes did a rescue job for us and dined out on that.

Joe Royle rescued us from relegation, won a cup, took the game to the so called big teams, transformed the team and rather than use "transfer policy" to negotiate a new bumper deal for himself actually had the integrity to resign when the board never ok'd a move for Tore Andre Flo (who would have been amazing for us BTW). I respect him immensely.

Joe Royle is 5 times the man David Moyes will ever be. His humble style and loyalty to what Everton are to him will always be a reason why fans love him - it's just a pity some only remember Moyes... Joe Royle was a MAN.

I dont blame you for defending the club mate, your passion is clear. Just wish you could get over Moyes, its like hes diddled your missus and you use any excuse to have a go!

Not really - its a little bit like you have spent soo long banging your head against a brick wall about his limtations which have been met by deaf ears and then not only do we get a replacement but he actually starts firing little digs in.... we gave him and his family financial security.

There's a lot of anger still there Matt... sorry but there is.

Not really - its a little bit like you have spent soo long banging your head against a brick wall about his limtations which have been met by deaf ears and then not only do we get a replacement but he actually starts firing little digs in.... we gave him and his family financial security.

There's a lot of anger still there Matt... sorry but there is.

I understand (though dont always understand why), so no need to apologise :) Just look forward when this doesnt bother you so much!

Moyes is still a hero to some and maybe for very good reasons -

But Moyes has also lost the respect of a large number of Everton fans (as was clearly heard on Wednesday evening) maybe also for very good reasons -

let us be tolerant towards each others opinions - instead of blaming each other for having it -

listen very carefully and use it or lose it - the choice is yours - that is what freedom of speech is all about - and that is why we use this forum