IGNORED

Martinez won't last the season

So that for me is a disgusting transfer window. Martinez said the squad would be stronger. It's not. What amazes me is the positivity of people when the club continues to strip valuable players away to replace them with polished turds. Everyone is going to be happy with McCarthy and lukaku. But they are direct replacements and the latter is on loan. So 33.5 mil in. Even including the early business we are 12 mil in profit.

Martinez is a joke - we are shopping in a world market. It's true but they have to have played for Wigan first. We have now got the spine of a relegated team in our squad great!!!!

Was buying Kone for 6 mil to sell vic for six good busineess no way he is 5 years older.

How is the squad not stronger now?

Sorry Memma but you talk complete and utter bollocks

So that for me is a disgusting transfer window. Martinez said the squad would be stronger. It's not. What amazes me is the positivity of people when the club continues to strip valuable players away to replace them with polished turds. Everyone is going to be happy with McCarthy and lukaku. But they are direct replacements and the latter is on loan. So 33.5 mil in. Even including the early business we are 12 mil in profit.

Martinez is a joke - we are shopping in a world market. It's true but they have to have played for Wigan first. We have now got the spine of a relegated team in our squad great!!!!

Was buying Kone for 6 mil to sell vic for six good busineess no way he is 5 years older.

Just what i needed first thing in the morning, a bit of light hearted and jovial tomfoolery!

Surely this is sarcasm at its finest?

or do you just really hate RM?

We have added two strikers and sold one.

Sold a midfielder that blows hot and cold and added two, one of which is an England international and the other regarded as a real prospect.

We have also improved on our back up GK

and added a decent centre half.

Add a real game changer in Jerry and ..... well that looks like an improvment on our squad.

Yes we may have a couple of loans mixed in there but if they can get us into europe.. which i think is now a possibility.. then that will give us the stature and possibly money to bring in more over then next twelve months.

People are overhyping players and under estimating the ones that have left.

If McCarthy was the world beater we are led to beleive why were we the only ones in for him.

Felli was a talismanic player that is why the champions just paid 27 mil for him.

I am not blaming RM and I love that we got lukaku but Kone is a massive waste of money and the rest are squad fillers. Taking the squad from last year and the squad from this year the only player who is a first team improvement is lukaku. Why say we are looking at the world market then get 4 players from your old club.

I like honesty so why not say we need to sell to buy and even then we will use somel the funds to pay off debt. RM is just a yes man to the board. Please show me any evidence where had pulled up trees to make a signing.

I don't take your posts seriously - no offence intended but you talk absolute nonsense. I wondered where that post came from and then seen it was you who started this "Martinez won't last the season" thread.

I'm guessing you are a young kid, so I'm not gonna be too harsh and maybe give you a little bit of structured debate.

We have lost:

Fellaini, Neville, Hitzlesburger, Anichebe - shaving the best part of £300k a week off our wage bill with only one player who is a regular starter. Of that we generated £32-£33m in transfer money.

We gained:

Mccarthy (better than felli on the deck and more suited to RM style)

Barry - an experienced solid DM - only 32 on a year loan

Robles - potentially great keeper

Alcaraz - an international quality ball playing cantre half - free

Kone - a striker who works defenders, scores goals, better than Jelavic and Anichebe

Lukaku - a potentially world class Drgba esque striker

Deulofeu - Barca next big thing

I think you are trying to justify your frankly garbage statement before martinez was even able to apply his methods. A little bit sad, you seem to be want to be proven right. Fortunately most agree, you are talking nonsense.

Barca kid mate!

It is widely regarded that they are very untrusting when it comes to there prospects and that it is a big feather in RM's cap to get this kid for a year.

I do see your point about the overhyping and underhyping though and to a point agree!

But on the other end of the scale i would say that RM has been through one transfer window, where he is still trying to work out which office is his, and he has also only played three league matches...in which he is unbeaten and has two clean sheets, something that we couldnt buy last season. And dont forget that this was meant to be his main weakness.

I did think kone was a decent signing but from what i have seen so far i am questioning my own sanity, but again i will give him a few more chances to show what hes got.

McCarthy i am happy with although i have to say i dont see the big deal with him....... though i also admit i havent watched much of him!

Looks like you are sticking to your view just to prove a point now Memmaclub. Your thread (this one) was shot to pieces and now you are grasping at straws calling the transfer window a bad one.

I like big Vic but Kone is an improvement.

I loved Fellaini but sometimes he just lacked motivation. Dont get me wrong, the games where he clicked were magical but there were not enough of them. We replaced Fellaini with an england international and a big prospect. Why did no-one else come for McCarthy? Price for one, another reason could be that everyone knew that he wanted to follow RM here?

We got Lukaku for a season, 17 goals in 20 games. We have not had that kind of player here fora long time. Saha was capable of doing that but we got him on the slide.

We got Deulofeu for a season. Wow, what a prospect.

We got rid of Neville and replaced him with Alcaraz. How is that not an improvement?

This was the best transfer window for a long time. Thats all RM in my eyes. Look at what DM achieved in this window. Paid over the top for a player most Man Utd fans are unhappy with.

That could have been us. Imagine just getting someone like G Holt and keeping Fellaini. You would be fuming.

People are overhyping players and under estimating the ones that have left.

If McCarthy was the world beater we are led to beleive why were we the only ones in for him.

Felli was a talismanic player that is why the champions just paid 27 mil for him.

I am not blaming RM and I love that we got lukaku but Kone is a massive waste of money and the rest are squad fillers. Taking the squad from last year and the squad from this year the only player who is a first team improvement is lukaku. Why say we are looking at the world market then get 4 players from your old club.

I like honesty so why not say we need to sell to buy and even then we will use somel the funds to pay off debt. RM is just a yes man to the board. Please show me any evidence where had pulled up trees to make a signing.

Didn't even see you made a further reply to justify this nonsense...

So fellaini is "talismanic"... For me that word is a fleet street journo toff utilised word that has been thrown into football circles which doesn't really describe a player to be anything other than 'lucky'. Shaun Goater was considered a talisman....yep a worthy quality for an otherwise garbage player.

Just stop digging, lets end this ridiculous thread and get behind Roberto.

We were about 45 minutes from Martinez being in a disastrous situation but ultimately he pulled it off and that's what matters. Definitely gained a bit of my trust. He promised we'd be in a better position after than deadline than before it and, although we still need to see how everything actually plays out, he did make moves that theoretically make this true. What will push this to a success is if we actually get to see the bulk of the money pocketed. But that's hardly Martinez' prerogative.

Some interesting retorts... There is an element of trying to stir a debate in my posts but really does everyone really believe this is the best transfer window ever and we are doing well under bobby.

So positives of season so far:

We got McCarthy lukaku delefor in

We let Neville go

We kept 2 clean sheets

We got through in the Mickey Mouse

Ross Barkley is being played

Negatives

We let felli go

We spent 6mil on Kone

We haven't won in 4 90 minutes of football against teams I would expect us to beat.

We aren't scoring enough goals

There are positives and negatives to this but in reality the 1 than counts is we are not winning games.3points after the teams we have played worried the shot out of me.

How apt is this comment from Martinez re man ure bids for Felli and Baines:-

"I could give you half an hour about my views about how other clubs are being run and how they have not been able to do any deals despite looking all over the world."

how true Bob, how true

Some interesting retorts... There is an element of trying to stir a debate in my posts but really does everyone really believe this is the best transfer window ever and we are doing well under bobby.

So positives of season so far:

We got McCarthy lukaku delefor in

We let Neville go

We kept 2 clean sheets

We got through in the Mickey Mouse

Ross Barkley is being played

Negatives

We let felli go

We spent 6mil on Kone

We haven't won in 4 90 minutes of football against teams I would expect us to beat.

We aren't scoring enough goals

There are positives and negatives to this but in reality the 1 than counts is we are not winning games.3points after the teams we have played worried the shot out of me.

Stir debate or be a WUM?

At least be balanced. My dislike and distrust of Kenwright is well known, but shall I just make posts saying "Bloody ell, only £27.5m for Fellaini - what a joke, add that onto his list of failures, kirby, kings dock, fortress fund blah blah blah"

The reality is Kenwright has done well in this transfer window, as have all involved. So... in wrapping up quit trying to add this window as a means of criticising RM, you haven't got a clue, and the more you post on this, the more you are losing credibility.

RM has had 4 games in charge, an unsettled group of players who wonder if baines and felli are going, Moyes behaving like an idiot etc etc.

Get some balance - you are judging Kone already, making out selling Felli was bad (we replaced him with a free player and bought a £13m fantastic prospect in), we haven't scored but totally dominated teams - I think you need to grow up mate. Your going to feel a little victimised with all the negativity towards your posts unless you get some real perspective on being a balanced poster.

I've displayed my share of criticism but anyone who thinks selling Fellaini is a blemish on Martinez' record hasn't been paying attention. It doesn't matter if we had Martinez or Moyes or Mourinho in charge. Fellaini leaving was a virtual inevitability. All we can grade him on his how the transfer itself was handled. He handled the media with class and did just about everything possible to calm the waters. He did enough to get Fellaini motivated to play games despite the transfer clearly on his mind. And considering Fellaini leaving was probable, we have to consider the fee we received a massive success. Although I give Kenwright bulk of the credit for that. So really I don't think Fellaini is a good evaluator of Martinez either way.

I've displayed my share of criticism but anyone who thinks selling Fellaini is a blemish on Martinez' record hasn't been paying attention. It doesn't matter if we had Martinez or Moyes or Mourinho in charge. Fellaini leaving was a virtual inevitability. All we can grade him on his how the transfer itself was handled. He handled the media with class and did just about everything possible to calm the waters. He did enough to get Fellaini motivated to play games despite the transfer clearly on his mind. And considering Fellaini leaving was probable, we have to consider the fee we received a massive success. Although I give Kenwright bulk of the credit for that. So really I don't think Fellaini is a good evaluator of Martinez either way.

I'm a bit annoyed I credited his posts with a response to be honest - but yes, your fellaini piece was spot on.