IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

I agree, but then put him in against the likes of Stoke. If he goes missing in that game we can cover for him to see if he regains his confidence. Against the shite, we will need 11 players all the time and if he goes missing for 15mins, its a massive strain on the rest.

Mind you, he also has to learn to cope with intense atmospheres (El Classico) so this would cover both aspects in 1 game. Hope he thrives :)

I do see your point, I'm just sick of losing to them or not taking our opportunities to beat them and I want us to throw everything at them and crush them like the fucktards deserve :P.

The derby could be bthe game where he announces his "arrival", in a high energy game players who run at defenders often bring out rash challenges - the exact reason we hate to see Surarez running at distin or jags.

I would like to see him start - it may be the excuse to kick Mirallas into action.

Thought Depardu was very good against Spurs and largely ineffective against Palace. The inconsistency of youth isn't it?

Some players just seem to excel against the top teams and struggle against the lower teams. Maybe it's the adrenaline. Maybe it's ego. No matter what it is, playing Deolofeu in the derby match makes a lot of sense.

Some players just seem to excel against the top teams and struggle against the lower teams. Maybe it's the adrenaline. Maybe it's ego. No matter what it is, playing Deolofeu in the derby match makes a lot of sense.

The more I think about it the more I like the thought, I would actually like to see him central...

Here's what I would be excited to see:

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Barry

McCarthy Barkley

Mirallas Lukaku Deulofeu

I think Mirallas, although he's been ineffective, will show up for the derby. I hate to drop Pienaar, but he's been playing a little slow on the ball lately, and I haven't liked the way he's killed our momentum going forward. Sure, he wins a lot of free kicks for us, but Baines is pounding those into the wall, anyhow (overstating this just a bit, I know hahaha). I like the way Barkley and Deulofeu partner, when they've been able to be near one another, and I'd like to see them do so for more than a few minutes. I can also see us spending less time in the corners and more time being direct and incisive. The pace here will be too much for their relatively lethargic back 4 to handle, I think.

Then, if that doesn't work, bring on Pienaar and Osman.

Here's what I would be excited to see:

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Barry

McCarthy Barkley

Mirallas Lukaku Deulofeu

I think Mirallas, although he's been ineffective, will show up for the derby. I hate to drop Pienaar, but he's been playing a little slow on the ball lately, and I haven't liked the way he's killed our momentum going forward. Sure, he wins a lot of free kicks for us, but Baines is pounding those into the wall, anyhow (overstating this just a bit, I know hahaha). I like the way Barkley and Deulofeu partner, when they've been able to be near one another, and I'd like to see them do so for more than a few minutes. I can also see us spending less time in the corners and more time being direct and incisive. The pace here will be too much for their relatively lethargic back 4 to handle, I think.

Then, if that doesn't work, bring on Pienaar and Osman.

McCarthy has to be alongside Barry but otherwise I think that's the most likely, probably Pienaar for Deul too, though I agree with your assessment of 'Nuts. Might see Barkley doing a box to box role ( plus a red card for him, his first derby and all that ) Edited by Matt

McCarthy has to be alongside Barry but otherwise I think that's the most likely, probably Pienaar for Deul too, though I agree with your assessment of 'Nuts. Might see Barkley doing a box to box role ( plus a red card for him, his first derby and all that )

Oh, I totally agree that that is what we will most likely see (Mirallas and Pienaar on the wings, Barkley behind the striker, and McCarthy and Barry as DMs). I was just saying what I'd be excited to see.

And, in the formation I was posting, I don't think we'd see McCarthy's defensive role in the game change much. I mean, he's got boundless energy, and will constantly be going box-to-box. But, I do want to see him spending more time in an advanced role. Over the past few weeks he's made more forays further up and has shone.

And, I can totally see Barkley getting a red. I would just pray that he makes it worth it! (take that to mean what you will, but if the rat breaks a tooth, I, for one, won't be shedding any tears!)

After Mirralas poor performance against Spurs Deulofeu should have been straight in against Palace. That was the game if any that he should have been giving him an opportunity to start.

While he's not done anything special in his small appearances so far he's shown he can run at people, is eager to impress and is likely to create things with his positive play.

I didn't see how he played when he came on against Palace but I do think that it would have been a good game for him to start, giving him the opportunity to go out and prove himself from the start.

I'd be surprised if he got to start against Liverpool and would be less surprised if Martinez went with Naismith. While Naismith isn't too well thought of he can be handy in tough games where he gets stuck in and he also has a knack for getting himself in the box which not enough player seem to do for us.

Does everyone actually believe he's done enough to warrent a start in the Derby?

I know his potential, but I think people are a bit starey eyed and overrating his current ability. Yes he can take on a man and beat him, and he has a goal or two in him (from what I've seen at Barca) but does everyone think we'd work better as a team with him starting?

I really don't believe he's ready yet.

Does everyone actually believe he's done enough to warrent a start in the Derby?

I know his potential, but I think people are a bit starey eyed and overrating his current ability. Yes he can take on a man and beat him, and he has a goal or two in him (from what I've seen at Barca) but does everyone think we'd work better as a team with him starting?

I really don't believe he's ready yet.

For me he warrants a starting berth more than Mirallas does at the moment. I think Mirallas has got a little too big for his boots, 4 assists so far are great, but his afternoon against Spurs and Palace says he needs a kick into action... Gerry will scare the Liverpool defense and will give him a taste of what a derby is about - he is a big game player, I can feel it.

For me he warrants a starting berth more than Mirallas does at the moment. I think Mirallas has got a little too big for his boots, 4 assists so far are great, but his afternoon against Spurs and Palace says he needs a kick into action... Gerry will scare the Liverpool defense and will give him a taste of what a derby is about - he is a big game player, I can feel it.

I agree with what you've said here, although as much as it kills me to say it, I think it would be more beneficial for the team as a whole if Naimsith started the game. He shows up to big games and puts a shift in defenivley too. Mirallas' 4 assists are quite shocking actually, seeing as he has not been playing very well this season IMO.

I agree with what you've said here, although as much as it kills me to say it, I think it would be more beneficial for the team as a whole if Naimsith started the game. He shows up to big games and puts a shift in defenivley too. Mirallas' 4 assists are quite shocking actually, seeing as he has not been playing very well this season IMO.

Aye I don't think you will get much support with the Naismith shout, I see where you are coming from though. He is far more positionally disciplined and offers greater protection to the full back - but offensively he is limited, gotta give that lot something to worry about.

Aye I don't think you will get much support with the Naismith shout, I see where you are coming from though. He is far more positionally disciplined and offers greater protection to the full back - but offensively he is limited, gotta give that lot something to worry about.

That's the kindest way I've seen that written on TT! :rofl:

I'm trying to be nice about him lately. He has scored against the Kop before though! If he starts next week I hope he makes me eat my words.

He was involved in 5 of the 6 goals...Entertaining match, a lot of good performances all over with the team...Morata, in particular, continues to surprise me - I honestly underrated him from when I first saw him a good 3 years ago...A terrific talent for the capital club...It was a tight match early but as soon as La Roja got a couple of goals, you could see Bosnia start to buckle and Spain really go for the kill...Some great action, a recommended DL if you find it, IMHO

Gerard was commanding a lot of respect on the pitch as defenders gave him plenty of space if they didn't have adequate cover...2 of his assists came from absolutely deft skills along the goal line where he left his defenders for dead with a single touch with the tip of his boot...Deulofeu was great although I still think he could've done better, his assists were entirely individual effort but there were a couple of scoring chances he probably should've done better with...Great team effort and once again, Lopetegui looks a bright prospect as manager for the NT

"Every time Everton leave Gerard Deulofeu on the bench, his contract decrees that the money they have to pay Barcelona for his season-long loan rises. Saturday's derby against Liverpool might be the day Roberto Martinez decides to save the club some cash and give the 19-year-old winger his first league start."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/pete-jenson-barcelonas-gifted-gerard-deulofeu-can-make-the-difference-for-everton-in-saturdays-derby-8950451.html

Hard to understand how Martinez plans to incorporate Deulofeu, IMO. He's said things in the press that run contrary to what he's been doing with Gerard's minutes so all I can conclude is that he has some other reason for holding back on using him more. Not sure how it would work exactly but I get the feeling it's tied to an extension of the loan

Hard to understand how Martinez plans to incorporate Deulofeu, IMO. He's said things in the press that run contrary to what he's been doing with Gerard's minutes so all I can conclude is that he has some other reason for holding back on using him more. Not sure how it would work exactly but I get the feeling it's tied to an extension of the loan

He dosnt track back. Its not as if we've been winning games by 2 or 3 goals, therefore I dont think RM wants to take the risk.

He needs to do more to warrent a start IMO.