IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

True enough.

I think after the let downs o er the years I am so critical of players now.

Like I said, still be excited about it, just think he needs a lot if work. Not just with the ball and on the pitch.

He does need a lot of work, but unfortunately that's the market we've got to work in, We have to take a chance on players, and if it's a choice between taking a punt on the sort of quality of say a Matt Phillips or a Deulofeu there really isn't a choice to be made there.

And just think how sweet it'd be putting that work in on Deulofeu and it paying off?

It's sort of funny that the two players ( kev and Rom) who rattle on about champions league football are far less deserving of it then the likes of Baines, Jags, Coleman, Mccarthy ( stones too probably) and non of these say a word about it

Has James McCarthy intimated that he wants to move away? Can't see any quotes suggesting so.

Just threw that in there to highlight your hypocrisy to be honest

There has been lots of speculation but Mirallas has come out and publicly stated that he is going nowhere yet your on his back. There is as much speculation about McCarthy and he hasn't said a word to deny it, but he is one of your favourites so you choose to ignore it

Just threw that in there to highlight your hypocrisy to be honest

There has been lots of speculation but Mirallas has come out and publicly stated that he is going nowhere yet your on his back. There is as much speculation about McCarthy and he hasn't said a word to deny it, but he is one of your favourites so you choose to ignore it

Talking shit dunc. You need to remember what is quoted vs what is speculated.

Mirallas has been quoted on two occasions this season stating he will be looking at the situation at the end of the season whilst quoting names like borussia Dortmund and real sociedad. How the fuck is that speculation? He stated he needs to be playing champions league next year whilst adding "that could be at Everton if we win Europa...." Well that's big of him isn't it?!

Mccarthy has only been quoted as saying:-

I am happy here. There is nothing to really report. Honest to God I have not heard anything.

It is new to me if a club is going to come in and buy me in the summer. Its new to me. I have not spoken to anyone. I have not heard anything.

There have been a few stories, but I am delighted to be here and I have many years still to come.

Would have thought we would offer a longer contract then 3years + 1 optional add on.

He's still unproven (whatever the majority think). He's shown glimpses of brilliance, but also not contributed to games. I think the 3 years (with additional 1) is a smart move. Covers Everton in the future.

He's still unproven (whatever the majority think). He's shown glimpses of brilliance, but also not contributed to games. I think the 3 years (with additional 1) is a smart move. Covers Everton in the future.

Just feel it leaves us vulnerable to lose him on the cheap if he does kick on well. Apparently the buy back fee is 9m for 2016 and 12m in 2017.

I think we spent £28m on someone who fits that description so I think its a bargain.

It would be a good transfer for everyone if Deulofeu has stated that he would only go to Everton. For once I'm happy the club has a "soft spoken, modern"* manager as RM.

Hopefully it is true but I only found the report in Sport.es -FC Barcelona's unofficial newspaper :D-. The details as stated by Alguna Vez Tonelada.

I think this is an extremely cheap transfer, as I can't see Barcelona using the buy back clause to buy him for the bench, and Deulofeu is too much of an ego to go back to warm the bench. Furthermore, there are better players to do that (the excellent Pedro, or some youngsters).

We just need to remember that not so long ago Arouna Kone was bought for £6m!!!

I will hold my excitement until the official announcement by the clubs is published, though...

*= a manager that can deal with big undeserved egos without sending the player to the Reserves.

Edited by Kant

This your balanced critique again? Not everything has to come back to Lukaku!

(and its still not 28m...)

its a valid point! Rom has shown glimpses of brilliance but had many games where he went missing and we need to see more. Its just that this is 7 times cheaper.

its a valid point! Rom has shown glimpses of brilliance but had many games where he went missing and we need to see more. Its just that this is 7 times cheaper.

Different positions, different valuations.

Also Lukaku had proven quite a lot before signing -West Brom, loan here-, Deulofeu so far has only failed consistently to deliver and lives up to his "potential". I don't really want to make another Lukaku thread, but other unproven strikers have been transferred for ridiculous amounts of money compared to their performances -Ideye Brown, Connor Wickman, Morata...-. A striker can be much more decisive and deadly than a winger, therefore a big valuation based on potential.

Shut the fuck up. This is the Deulofeu thread, talk about Deulofeu or I'm going on a post deleting rampage.

:lol: I'm stopping

4.3m for a very much unproven, yet potentially immense, youngster is too good to be true. I've ummed and aaahed about this since the initial whispers, having not bought into the hype because I don't think he did enough, and I've always said it comes down to the price. When I heard 8m I thought that was good, if this figure is accurate, I'll be beaming!

stop-and-read-this-sign.jpg

4.3m for a very much unproven, yet potentially immense, youngster is too good to be true. I've ummed and aaahed about this since the initial whispers, having not bought into the hype because I don't think he did enough, and I've always said it comes down to the price. When I heard 8m I thought that was good, if this figure is accurate, I'll be beaming!