IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

The ECHO understands Barcelona were keen for their talented teenager to head for the blue half of Merseyside instead of his other suitors

That bodes well for us getting any other players from them in the future.

Who knows? If the relationship goes well we may get to buy fringe players from them when they're being sold, or at least get offered them first. Obviously, not any of their really decent fringe players who'll cost the earth.

That bodes well for us getting any other players from them in the future.

Who knows? If the relationship goes well we may get to buy fringe players from them when they're being sold, or at least get offered them first. Obviously, not any of their really decent fringe players who'll cost the earth.

That how Arsenal ended up with Fabragas - that turned out alright for them. Low risk - massive return

Just listened to Graham Hunter live on talksport, he gave his opinions - overall really excited based on what he said.

• sublimely talented
  • almost perfect technique either foot
  • fast
  • ghost past players
  • decision making can be a bit "ronanldo esque from his first season at Man United"
  • There is no way he would have advised Everton not to go for this player
  • scores goals and he sees him as a number 10 in the future
  • its a massive compliment to Martinez that Barca are trusting him to give him the right schooling

All in all a really talented playewr who he thinks is destined for great things.

Been watching YouTube clips of this fellow all morning. Looks good in Life of Pi and Cyrano De Bergerac. Lost some weight since his Obelix days.

Cant wait to see what he can do in the prem, ok YT clips are not the best way of seing the bigger picture but he looks awesome in them. As most have pointed out, there is alot of recemblance between him and Ronaldo. Can go either side of the goalie, shot with both feet, pace to burn and can take 2-3 players on. A bit greedy on the ball but its exactly what we need. Someone to hold up play, take a couple on, be a goalscoring threat but also able to set someone else up. Kone or Jelavic are going to get quite a few goals from him.

Edited by Peter H

#10? :dry: ...I like Graham and he used to have privileged access to the club but he's a writer, not a footy expert...Prone to some questionable hyperbole...Deulofeu is a forward who excels anywhere in the attacking third but he's not a #10

Is it true that the kid has a huge ego/attitude problem and that some of this might be to knock him down a bit in a tougher league? whats he like off-field?

I don't care about his attitude to be honest. We need someone with a bit of an ego on the pitch, like I've said before it was painful watching us attack sometimes because we would pass, pass, pass and then lose the ball. If this guy has an attitude he might fuck that system off and go for goal himself.

I don't care about his attitude to be honest. We need someone with a bit of an ego on the pitch, like I've said before it was painful watching us attack sometimes because we would pass, pass, pass and then lose the ball. If this guy has an attitude he might fuck that system off and go for goal himself.

maybe, but it the same time i want some who is going to concentrate on playing for the team instead of laidies and nightclubs, seems that's were Vellio's has gone wrong by all accounts. On the pitch im in 100% agreement with you, im fed up of nervous players.

whilst I agree in principle, we saw Mirallas doing that a few times. So long as they dont all become ego-nutters, Im happy for one more :)

Fine line between confidence and ego. In a team dynamic having a bit of a swagger needs to be complimented with leading by example - Rooney, Gerrard, Drogba, Henry, Cantona, Di Canio - all quite brash in their own ways, but in terms of what they give to the team very impressive.

It's when you go the way of adebuyor, Pierre Van Hoojidonk, Bentner, Darren Bent, that when you upset the dressing room.

Is it true that the kid has a huge ego/attitude problem and that some of this might be to knock him down a bit in a tougher league? whats he like off-field?

I think that's probably not far from the truth...He's atypical for a cantera player in that he has an ego for everyone to see - often the object of opposing fans ire, home & away, in the Segunda division...When I say he toys with defenders, I mean to say he relishes clowning them...I've read/heard the comparisons to an early CR and he's gotten those comparisons since he was 14/15 years of age...He works better and more for the team in the past year or so, I'd say...I'm a strong critic of him among Barcelona fans and mainly down to some selfishness and refusal to work as hard on the defensive end as he does taking on opponents...I can recall one particular occasion with the U17 Spanish NT whereby he was dispossessed and rather than track the defender back, the opposition when onto score a goal - all the while he stood still with his hands on his hips, complaining to the ref (Reminscient of CR)...In his defense, that has improved remarkably in the last year so you could say the 19 year old is maturing

He's been called out by Eusebio, Pep & Tito in the press over the last few seasons for needing to work on his complete game and I imagine that is hitting home...Looking forward to seeing him outside the Barcelona/Spain bubble and in a more physical league

Update: And #10 it'll be...strange

Edited by FCBarça