IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

The comparisons to Ronaldo are right. When he first arrived in the UK, he was used sparingly and showed only glimpses of brilliance (ala GD). He just needs time to learn the consistency.

If he was here next year on a second year loan, I pretty much guarantee he'd be a starter in our first 11. Replacing Pienaar.

The comparisons to Ronaldo are right. When he first arrived in the UK, he was used sparingly and showed only glimpses of brilliance (ala GD). He just needs time to learn the consistency.

If he was here next year on a second year loan, I pretty much guarantee he'd be a starter in our first 11. Replacing Pienaar.

wow now hold on... Did you just compare Gerry with Ronaldo?

• 4 weeks later...

He showed one great move as a substitute and people vote him MOTM :D

But tbh, he is a big talent with great potential. He'll just need to develop quickly if he wants to make a mentionable contribution this year to make his loan spell at EFC worthwile.

I found that strange too, but then again I didnt vote for anyone...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-martinez-would-play-gerard-6294779

Not sure its such a good idea personally. Its going to be physical and a lot of defensive work required. Id happily be proven wrong though!

That's why I wouldn't have him out wide. I'd play him behind Lukaku and just tell him to run at Skrtel and Sakho all game long. They'll hate his pace and trickery.

That's why I wouldn't have him out wide. I'd play him behind Lukaku and just tell him to run at Skrtel and Sakho all game long. They'll hate his pace and trickery.

fair point, but if he plays centrally, Henderson and Gerrard will be kicking lumps out of him in the first 10 mins and he'd disappear

fair point, but if he plays centrally, Henderson and Gerrard will be kicking lumps out of him in the first 10 mins and he'd disappear

He's here to be on the receiving end of that I suppose. What I mean is that if he's ever to make it at Barca he needs to deal with that sort of thing. Sink or swim.

Personally, I'd rather take a positive risk in the hope of giving them something to worry about and it not work out and us lose than be cautious and have them piss all over us. Again.

He's here to be on the receiving end of that I suppose. What I mean is that if he's ever to make it at Barca he needs to deal with that sort of thing. Sink or swim.

Personally, I'd rather take a positive risk in the hope of giving them something to worry about and it not work out and us lose than be cautious and have them piss all over us. Again.

I agree, but then put him in against the likes of Stoke. If he goes missing in that game we can cover for him to see if he regains his confidence. Against the shite, we will need 11 players all the time and if he goes missing for 15mins, its a massive strain on the rest.

Mind you, he also has to learn to cope with intense atmospheres (El Classico) so this would cover both aspects in 1 game. Hope he thrives :)