IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

I don't think people think he's the answer far from it but he's young knows the club and has undeniable talent and potential that in todays world could be relatively cheap

We massively lack creativity and that much needed spark in games and he'd give us that but as with Ross he does try to much at times and could help put more defensively but that should come with experience

Saying that I don't personally want players constantly tracking back when we play two defensive/holding midfielders that don't have the quality of the above to go forward they can do their jobs that's part and parcel of why we've been so shit going forward we need players of Delafaou's ilk to bomb forward

Pretty much on the money.

Another young player with tons of potential.

Do they have different rules to us in Spain? Seems a bit odd.

"...all but frozen out of the first team picture in recent weeks -- including this past weekend where he was left out of the squad to face his parent club, FC Barcelona."

Do they have different rules to us in Spain? Seems a bit odd.

"...all but frozen out of the first team picture in recent weeks -- including this past weekend where he was left out of the squad to face his parent club, FC Barcelona."

How are we supposed to know, you're the brains of the outfit :shaking fist:

If my understanding of this article is correct, they can play against their Spanish parent team. Here's the key paragraph: "While some countries, such as England, uniformly prohibit players on loan from playing against their parent clubs, European soccer’s governing body, UEFA, has no such blanket policy. It actually prohibits clubs from including such restrictions in loan contracts."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/22/sports/soccer/when-loaning-a-soccer-player-can-be-self-defeating.html?_r=0

This signing would prevent me having a meltdown over Cleverley. For this reason alone it needs to happen.

Can someone start one of those online fund raising pages in case Mark needs mental health care in the near future; NHS waiting lists are a disgrace so he'll need private if he wants to see someone before 2017 :wacko:.

At the beginning of the season he was playing well for Sevilla, scoring and assisting, then he (and Iago Aspas) had a fall out with Emery about playing time and none of them played any meaningful minutes again.

All things said, Emery is about teamwork, commitment and cohesion, and he got Sevilla 5th and Europa League champions, so for me he's no fool...

Deulofeu has a massive attitude problem, but if someone can figure that out, it is Roberto Martinez and his kind "arrogance" bs attitude. But nobody doubts he's got star potential and star qualities: technical, fast on the dribble, can score goals.

I'd take him for Everton, but what a collection of 'star prospects' that could be: Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu. All of them can turn busts or world beaters, and none of us would be surprised!

you forgot Stones.

To me Stones is no longer a prospect, more of a certainty ;)

All the others have important flaws and there are doubts over their ability to reach their potential (Barkley - mental development, Lukaku - first touch and ability to get involved, Deulofeu - overall selfishness) but Stones just needs time and experience to realise his own mistakes. Future England captain!

As for Deulofeu, nobody said it better than Emery...:

"He has incredible qualities but lacks others. Put him out there, one on one and ... pfff," Emery told Sid Lowe.

"But make him play football with teammates, on a big pitch, and it's hard. He doesn't have the maturity or capacity for sacrifice yet.

"I told him: 'There are players here who aspire to a contract like yours, men with less talent but more hunger: Iborra, Carriço, Vitolo. They know what it costs. You haven't experienced that. When you do, you'll grow. I hope you get that. If not here, somewhere else.'"

I remember saying I'd eat the bricks of my house if we signed Moutinho I was that confident it was never happening. I have a bit more confidence in this one actually happening.

lol as do i. he's out of favor in sevilla and barca doesn't need him. the only forward that gets action is pedro and gerry isn't going to see time over him. he's surplus now that MSN is unstoppable. I think this will happen, and i hope it does.

At least we know so far the following:

1) He's already been at the club, liked it. He did well, considering age and previous first team experience.

2) He's not wanted in Barcelona. Pedro just renewed his contract until 2019, Traoré and Munir are other excellent prospects and he did no good at Sevilla, let's be honest.

3) Martinez is one of the few that A) could afford him and B) would be able to cope with his sh*t.

I mean, I also see it quite unlikely, but it might be one of the few opportunities to get a potential star on a discount price. The links are here, Barcelona has presidential elections and after the success of the signing of Suarez and after the excellent year Pedro had as a first-attacking-sub-that-does-not-moan I don't really see them getting Deulofeu back.

He has to move, in Spain he'll probably will not want to go somewhere less to Sevilla, most of the Spanish clubs can't afford his wages and if he has to move internationally, I don't see other place than Everton to go for him. Valencia would be another option for him, and I seriously doubt anyone in Spain wants him after this year.

I only hope the figures are £10m-£15m and not £28m!!

At least we know so far the following:

1) He's already been at the club, liked it. He did well, considering age and previous first team experience.

2) He's not wanted in Barcelona. Pedro just renewed his contract until 2019, Traoré and Munir are other excellent prospects and he did no good at Sevilla, let's be honest.

3) Martinez is one of the few that A) could afford him and B) would be able to cope with his sh*t.

I mean, I also see it quite unlikely, but it might be one of the few opportunities to get a potential star on a discount price. The links are here, Barcelona has presidential elections and after the success of the signing of Suarez and after the excellent year Pedro had as a first-attacking-sub-that-does-not-moan I don't really see them getting Deulofeu back.

He has to move, in Spain he'll probably will not want to go somewhere less to Sevilla, most of the Spanish clubs can't afford his wages and if he has to move internationally, I don't see other place than Everton to go for him. Valencia would be another option for him, and I seriously doubt anyone in Spain wants him after this year.

I only hope the figures are £10m-£15m and not £28m!!

spot on. on a side note the pedro deal is ridiculous, 150m buyout clause? he's a super sub, i don't think anyone would pay 50m for him, he's 27 already!

anyways i completely agree, i don't think he would fit at atletico cause he's not a super hard working defender type. the only thing i could see him doing other than being sold is being loaned to a worse side so he could start every match in hopes he would do well and increase his value. but i'm hoping barca just sell him now to us, or a loan to buy or something.