IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Come on other than a few moments of brilliance, he didn't really do much here did he.

Another with potential.

Young talented with fairly huge potential knows the club and in todays world would be relatively cheap or we could spunk a fairly large sum on an unknown quantity

Get the lad playing regular football and to adjust his work ethic and attitude slightly and you've got a potential world beater it's not that people think he did fantastically when here it's what they know he could become

Young talented with fairly huge potential knows the club and in todays world would be relatively cheap or we could spunk a fairly large sum on an unknown quantity

Get the lad playing regular football and to adjust his work ethic and attitude slightly and you've got a potential world beater it's not that people think he did fantastically when here it's what they know he could become

What you talking about, Paul? What we need is to make more workmanlike signings like Cleverley. God knows we have far too much flair in our side, settle down lad!

What we need is a playmaker.

What we don't need is yet another ego who plays when he feels like it.

I do understand the potential...I just don't think we're in a position at the moment to work on potential...I believe we need players to come in and play now.

I'm not sure about gerry I'd take sako a proven goalscorer at half the cost.

At league 1 and championship level - 36 in 118 hardly sets the world alight. I see him as a perfect fit for Celtic - would do well at that level and get Champs League as a bonus!

I do understand the potential...I just don't think we're in a position at the moment to work on potential...I believe we need players to come in and play now.

We are short on technical ability and that spark in games he gives us just that or could and as for ego's it didn't seem to make waves last time he was here and if leaving Barca does anything for the lad it will be a massive wake up call and kick up the arse

We cant afford players of a better standard that could come in and perform from the off that aren't unknown quantities over here

What you talking about, Paul? What we need is to make more workmanlike signings like Cleverley. God knows we have far too much flair in our side, settle down lad!

I know sorry mate only finished work at 5am and had three hours kip couldn't think clearly now I'm thinking straight I'd like us to put a bid in for Barton

we brought Beckford in on a free he done quite well then sold him at a profit strikers are strikers it doesn't always matter what level they play if they score goals that's all that matters.

gerry isn't even what I call a team player.

I think you're spot on to put Sako in the same bracket as Beckford. I wouldn't put Deulofeu, one of the hottest prospects in European football, in that bracket. Let's not forget, he got into the Spanish squad on the back of his spell with us pre-World Cup. Yes he's raw but if there's any chance that he could fulfil his potential at us then we've got ourselves a real gem.

The squad can actually use many players, and a fast skilful winger is one of them.

The question is: do I prefer Player A, who plays like a 6/10 every game in my team or Player B who gives me 4/10, 6/10, 9/10, 7/10, 5/10 now? With a chance that an average score of 5.5 can become an 8 in a few years.

I know that with Player A I will live and die in mid-table. Player B can give me different possibilities, excitement and a potential CL qualification if he fulfils his potential.

I know I prefer Player B.

Some fans also comment on his goal record. Here he played 29 games -4 goals-, I'd say 60-40 starter-sub. In Sevilla he played 17 league games and 5 Europa League games, most of them as a sub. It's not like 29 games 4 goals is a very poor record for a 19 year old kid, he also came on as a sub in many of them.

The day when (if) he puts it together he will be amazing to watch. I'm all in for his signature, if only to avoid having to watch McGeady play for Everton again!

The squad can actually use many players, and a fast skilful winger is one of them.

The game has changed many times but the decisions that need to be made are the same.

Looking at Snods/Howard Kendall interview earlier on Everton TV...

....Kendall had an offer on the table from Villa (£300,000 for Steve McMahon) and he wanted to buy Trevor Steven but didn't have the money (£300,000).

No doubt he made the right decision.

Come on other than a few moments of brilliance, he didn't really do much here did he.

Another with potential.

hard to please some, he tore liverpool to bits in 20 minutes and singlehandedly got us a point at the emirates, if you think we can attract better players in our positon your in dreamland, as much as lennon was probably the only good thing to come out of the last games if you had the choice its a no brainer.

£3m!!! Oh it is the Daily Mail! THT of ToffeeTV who clearly has a good grasp on these goings on says 8m with buy back... either way, it's a no brainer.

£3m? The mail hack needs to put the bottle down, I wish it were true but that's just daft.

hard to please some, he tore liverpool to bits in 20 minutes and singlehandedly got us a point at the emirates, if you think we can attract better players in our positon your in dreamland, as much as lennon was probably the only good thing to come out of the last games if you had the choice its a no brainer.

It's not a no brainer for me though. If it became a choice between him and someone like Yarmalenko...I would go with Y.

Don't get we wrong I would still be excited by the signing..as mentioned previously...I just don't remember him being here and tearing up defences.

I remember him having a few moments of brilliance... Emirates for example...and the rest of him being more frustrating than Mirralas.

Take a look back through the match day forums and it might remind you of his time here.

It's not a no brainer for me though. If it became a choice between him and someone like Yarmalenko...I would go with Y.

Don't get we wrong I would still be excited by the signing..as mentioned previously...I just don't remember him being here and tearing up defences.

I remember him having a few moments of brilliance... Emirates for example...and the rest of him being more frustrating than Mirralas.

Take a look back through the match day forums and it might remind you of his time here.

Hard to believe you couldn't see the talent. What 19 year old winger have you seen that scared the shit out out of defenders that didn't make it. His best performances for me came against Liverpool at home and newcastle away. He was unfortunate to get that hamstring injury in the middle of the season. He was just finding his feet.

Inconsistency is what you get with youngsters. But his flashes of brilliance are enough to show the lads got it.

We're not going to sign Yarmalenko, we won't even have a chance of that. He'll go where the money is and that isn't with us.

We've been crying out for players who are a bit different and can create something themselves. We're linked with one and people turn their noses up at him :dont know: .

You can throw names out their like Yarmolenko and his Ukranian mate, but we're unlikely to be an attractive option for players who are the finished article (or close to). Deulofeu knows the club and if reports are correct he wants to play for us. He will frustrate (if he comes here), but he's so young that he's got plenty of time to grow and I'd love him to do that growing here, because if he fulfills his potential we've got a player on our hands that will blow those Ukranians out of the water.

Plus Konoplyanka is reportedly seeking £100k a week as he's on a free... that in itself can cause no end of problems behind the scenes - before you know it the wage 'bench-mark' has been raised by £20k a week for most players - that's where the real problems lie in the cases such as Leeds, Pompy, Birmingham.

Hard to believe you couldn't see the talent. What 19 year old winger have you seen that scared the shit out out of defenders that didn't make it. His best performances for me came against Liverpool at home and newcastle away. He was unfortunate to get that hamstring injury in the middle of the season. He was just finding his feet.

? I can see his talent.

Inconsistency is what you get with youngsters. But his flashes of brilliance are enough to show the lads got it.

We're not going to sign Yarmalenko, we won't even have a chance of that. He'll go where the money is and that isn't with us.

True enough.

I think after the let downs o er the years I am so critical of players now.

Like I said, still be excited about it, just think he needs a lot if work. Not just with the ball and on the pitch.