Sign in to follow this  
4evablu

Gerard Deulofeu

Don't thinknits good for the lad. But the club made a profit on him and never made the impact we hoped he would.

He'll come off the bench when they are 3-0 up next season, look decent, they'll sell him for a big fee. Everton will get a cut. Works out well for both clubs. Not sure it works well for a young lad needing stability in his career.

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Shame for Geri, but seems he’s his own worst enemy. 

He does seem to get in his own way. When he would lose the ball or not get a call, he seemed to sulk and just disappear from the game. If he doesn't get that mental toughness, he is risking becoming Kevin Mirillas 2.0, but with far more (wasted) talent. 

2 hours ago, Ghoat said:

He does seem to get in his own way. When he would lose the ball or not get a call, he seemed to sulk and just disappear from the game. If he doesn't get that mental toughness, he is risking becoming Kevin Mirillas 2.0, but with far more (wasted) talent. 

I saw him track back and work hard on occasion, but wonder if he was then told not to as we had no outlet so he was just left confused. 

I’d still take a chance on him in any case

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

I saw him track back and work hard on occasion, but wonder if he was then told not to as we had no outlet so he was just left confused. 

I’d still take a chance on him in any case

you must have missed when he played against us last year, classic geri.  couple hollywood moves, couple bursts, then by 60 minutes it was throw up the arms and throw a fit everytime he loses the ball and quickly subbed off.  glad we didn't try and get him, he's worse than bolasie.

23 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

you must have missed when he played against us last year, classic geri.  couple hollywood moves, couple bursts, then by 60 minutes it was throw up the arms and throw a fit everytime he loses the ball and quickly subbed off.  glad we didn't try and get him, he's worse than bolasie.

I did say occasional dude :D 

I think he just needs the right manager. Martinez was too lenient with young players, which isn’t what he needs. At 24 though, he may have missed his opportunity 

I like what this means for walcott.... it means he's not gonna get to coast.  I seen signs last year that after the initial first few impressive games he got somewhat lazy.... away from home he was missing.  Yeah we know he was managed by Sam but for me he could have done more.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I think he got injured in the match and then went off?

Koeman being koeman eh.... absolute disgrace that bloke.   Anyone who think Barkley wasn't mistreated by him needs to look at the stories that emerge about him. 

Should Barkley have manned up etc etc? Dunno... he is who he is.  Talented but mentally needs coaching.  Koeman is a Neanderthal.

On 10/12/2018 at 13:00, hafnia said:

Koeman being koeman eh.... absolute disgrace that bloke.   Anyone who think Barkley wasn't mistreated by him needs to look at the stories that emerge about him. 

Should Barkley have manned up etc etc? Dunno... he is who he is.  Talented but mentally needs coaching.  Koeman is a Neanderthal.

I thought he was from the Netherlands?

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He had the option to come back here in the summer but Silva didn't want him.

Forgot about that. I think he'd be an upgrade on the right now, but that means fuck all if he doesn't want to come. 

On 16/12/2018 at 11:35, sibdane said:

Forgot about that. I think he'd be an upgrade on the right now, but that means fuck all if he doesn't want to come. 

He's not an upgrade, far far too inconsistent, Saturday was one of his good games, cue a run of nothing for a month or so.