IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

That article's bollocks anyway. He wasn't at the unveiling, the picture was taken ages ago who posted it on twitter.

The shirt was immediately replaced once they realised the mistake. Kone an Mirallas were at the 'unveiling' of the new shirt and Gerard wasn't even in the country at the time.

I don't think it's embarrassing to be honest, but more funny.

You have to be able to laugh at yourselves. We can change the lettering on that one shirt. It's not like there is a production line of mistakes. Unfortunately, Liverpool are stuck with 'their' kit for a whole year. :rofl:

Guest Nikica

Haven't read the thread, but I've seen a bit of him and he's an extremely talented lad, although very selfish (I haven't watched your pre-season games but I expect you'll have noticed that by now if he has featured). His game is extremely raw but he has tons of ability and is exactly the type of player who has it in him to make mincemeat of most of the defenders in the PL. It's hard to predict how often he will be used but I expect Martinez will ease him into the team, and if you play 343 or 4231 he'll be one of the wide forwards.

The boy is a major talent though and one of the big hopefuls from La Masia. If Martinez trusts youth he could be a revelation in your first team. He's very much a Martinez type player.

Complete non-story. If he had been involved in a row already he would be on the first flight back to Barcelona. Journalists have probably seen Martinez & Deloufeu changing words and have created the story that there was an argument going on. A lad so young is obviously going to need some extra coaching so it doesn't surprise me that Martinez is having to explain himself a bit more to him.

What is a bit odd to me is that Mirallas came on to replace him. Why not play both at the same time if you have them? Or is this just typical pre-season friendly tactics.

I would personally like Deulofeu - Jelavic - Mirallas. But then you get 3 volatile players in terms of consistency. (I just assume that about Deulofeu, cause he's a creative player, young and inexperienced and this article suggests he's not really sure what he's supposed to do on the pitch) So maybe that's a line-up that will either suck ox balls or can outplay any EPL defense. Do we have any consistent attackers? Anichebe was pretty consistent last season. No superstar, but reliable.

Complete non-story. If he had been involved in a row already he would be on the first flight back to Barcelona. Journalists have probably seen Martinez & Deloufeu changing words and have created the story that there was an argument going on. A lad so young is obviously going to need some extra coaching so it doesn't surprise me that Martinez is having to explain himself a bit more to him.

I agree with this, he is not costing us anything as such and if there was a problem, like Zoo said i think he would be on the first plane back to Barca.

Some sources suggesting it was because he was being played out of position and did not understand what to do. I hope this is just a pre season thing, we have just got rid of a manager who repeatedly played people out of position with obvious negative effects on some players games. I for one am not prepared to put up with the next manager doing the same again, if Martinez is going to start all that nonsense, then he can do one as far as im concerned, im far from convinced at the moment anyway.

Edited by Simon

I agree with this, he is not costing us anything as such and if there was a problem, like Zoo said i think he would be on the first plane back to Barca.

Some sources suggesting it was because he was being played out of position and did not understand what to do. I hope this is just a pre season thing, we have just got rid of a manager who repeatedly played people out of position with obvious negative effects on some players games. I for one am not prepared to put up with the next manager doing the same again, if Martinez is going to start all that nonsense, then he can do one as far as im concerned, im far from convinced at the moment anyway.

isnt there a clause thats hes only free if he plays 50% of the games?

edit: apparently so, so putting him on a plane wouldnt happen.

Edited by Matt

Complete non-story. Journalists have probably seen Martinez & Deloufeu changing words and have created the story that there was an argument going on.

I have a Spanish neighbour (female), he's English. They talk to each other and their kids in Spanish all the time. She is that loud (Spanish women are possibly the loudest people in the world, even louder than Americans) and talks that quickly it always sounds like she's tearing them a new arsehole when she's probably just asking if the cat's been fed, or something. Excitable doesn't come close.

So yes, just a chat between them in Spanish about what he wanted him to do, I would think.