IGNORED

Joel Robles

"Atletico Madrid and Everton have reached an agreement for the transfer of Joel Robles to the English club. The goalkeeper, which ended last season playing on loan at Wigan, will compete in the Premier League with Everton set following the agreement reached between the three parties. In our club we wish him luck in this new stage of his career."

It should give them a lift, as in January I seem to remember a few of them (as well as Moyes) saying in interviews that we had a small squad and we could do with a couple of new faces to help out in the second half of the season.

Although in terms of numbers the senior squad will be much the same size so far (three out, three in?), the likes of Barkley, Stones, Duffy etc are that bit closer to being ready for first team football and you get the feeling Martinez would still like to add a couple more if possible. So far, so good...

I'd be happy with this signing, as has been mentioned, looked good at Wigan, with a very poor defence in front of him.

Rated rather highly in Spain. Doesn't look like he'll cost a bomb. Will gain experience with Howard competing. Has the potential to be a decent player.

I'm chuffed we're looking to bring in a GK who isn't an old, couple of month stopgap or someone who's not hit puberty yet. We're buying a young, established player, with plenty of big-game and tournament experience.

Yay from me.

Yeh I don't think too many people would be complaining if you left out the fact that he was on loan at Wigan last season.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts our first game ahead of Howard in all honesty because Howard trying to play possession football is a recipe for disaster!

From what I've seen this fella could go on to be the real deal. Very impressed with the capture.

My only reservation is that we don't have a fantastic reputation in recent times with young keepers.

Simonsen, Wright, Ruddy......

isnt Ruddy being coveted by Chelsea after a great season. Anyway, new coaches in so noone knows how it will go, plus - as Louis mentioned - Robles has quite a CV already.

Well happy with this signing. And pinching myself over the fact that its the 9th of July and we have signed 3 players already.

Ok so who is the marqee signing thats coming? Im sure BK wants RM to sign someone that they know all the fans will be excited about.

Well happy with this signing. And pinching myself over the fact that its the 9th of July and we have signed 3 players already.

Ok so who is the marqee signing thats coming? Im sure BK wants RM to sign someone that they know all the fans will be excited about.

Do you think we'll have the money for that? There's still quite a few positions in which we should look to add numbers as well imo.

Edited by Steve_E

Apparently he was valued about £7m a few seasons ago when city wanted him. So if he did come for £1m that would be a steal. We've needed a good, young keeper for ages! Even though the other two signings arnt exsactly emphatic, at least we're adding to the squad.

Do you think we'll have the money for that? There's still quite a few positions in which we should look to add numbers as well imo.

I do think that theres money left for a signing in the 10-15 mil bracket. I think Fer money has been spent now, the new Tv money and the few bobs that BK promised RM are still in the wallet.