IGNORED

Joel Robles

• 1 year later...

He's fucking shite. His distribution isquite good but he couldn't save a cat from drowning in a paddling pool.

We need a new keeper. He also thinks he is a lot better than he is.

City nevergotanything on target yesterday if they had it would have rained goals.

I disagree, athletico's history of bringing keepers through is fantastic, two being the best in the league to date. He needs a good run. It will be amazing what confidence will do. The defenders need to read his game, it's not always about 'the defenders don't trust there keeper'

I just feel sorry for the lad because if he makes one more mistake it will be, 'I knew he was shit get him out' where as, Howard may have made ten in that time but we are that used to Howard being in.

Edited by Brett Angel

I disagree, athletico's history of bringing keepers through is fantastic, two being the best in the league to date. He needs a good run. It will be amazing what confidence will do. The defenders need to read his game, it's not always about 'the defenders don't trust there keeper'

I just feel sorry for the lad because if he makes one more mistake it will be, 'I knew he was shit get him out' where as, Howard may have made ten in that time but we are that used to Howard being in.

He fucks up in every game he playe. City snd West Ham excluded.

He's played 6 games. Yeah he hasn't looked like Neville Southall, but neither did Neville Southall until he was 26, we loaned him out to Port Vale after some bad form.

Fact is goalkeepers are very much confidence players, he looks a totally different player in last 2 games to what he was. He has improved a lot.

I'll have to agree that he's looking more confident with each game. Most keepers hit their primes later in their careers. There will always be a few outliers like De Gea and Courtois, but we'll be assess Joel more accurately after he gets a good run of games.

Edited by TonkaRoost

He's played 6 games. Yeah he hasn't looked like Neville Southall, but neither did Neville Southall until he was 26, we loaned him out to Port Vale after some bad form.

Fact is goalkeepers are very much confidence players, he looks a totally different player in last 2 games to what he was. He has improved a lot.

Spot on. Give the lad a chance, I wouldn't be surprised if he played Howard out of a job. He did well for atletico and for Wigan.

Think about the only thing he did wrong yesterday was not coming for a ball Stones was marshalling back to him, got a right mouthful off Stones for it as well :lol:.

Can't think of anything else, how do you think he fucked up Pad?

Didn't understand what stones was kicking off about myself. I watched the replay and he would never have got there in time. I think stones got flustered with the crowds shouting and kicked off at him.

I thought stones was wrong from where I sat stones should have just put it out i thought it was to near the edge of the area,plus it doesn't look good lambasting the keeper.

Didn't understand what stones was kicking off about myself. I watched the replay and he would never have got there in time. I think stones got flustered with the crowds shouting and kicked off at him.

Fair enough, not how I saw it on TV, was shouting for him to come but quite happy to be corrected by people better placed.

He fucks up in every game he playe. City snd West Ham excluded.

which represent nearly 33% of his total appearances for us in the league. He has made 2 high profile errors (one in a cup game) but apart from that has looked quite decent considering he's not played consistently for 18 months. Young, lack of game time... The lad has the skills and just needs a run.

Don't worry though, even if he kept clean sheets until Howard was fit again, he'll be back on the bench before you know it