IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Sounds like some (awful) pop act from American Idol or something.

It was probably without score, until the 89th minute, Moyes was trying not to lose, pleased with a no score draw, and they sneaked one on the break or during a lapse of concentration at the very end. Maybe even Moyes decided to invade the pitch just before the final whistle to tell every United player how pleased they should be that the side was not going to lose, and a 0 - 0 score was a very creditable result, and the opposition sneaked off and scored anyway during the distraction. Could be a long season at Old Trafford, but we'll see what occurs at the months pass by.

I watched the whole game - other side full of nostars deserved their win -

had a few recurring nightmares of slow counters , long ball and back passes -

3 subs exactly on the 60 min mark -

no changes in strategy to snatch a draw at the end -

Moyes Neville and Round all neatly dressed in blue suddenly makes United a mountain one can conquer-

I bet the United fans are hitting panic stations - they are certainly not used to losing especially not against a bunch of no hopers

It was probably without score, until the 89th minute, Moyes was trying not to lose, pleased with a no score draw

They played 4-4-1-1. What with injury (Rooney) and absences (RVP), United has only one recognized striker in the squad right now, and the video above reveals just how successful he was.

These games, are experiments, right? They provide little insight to how a team will perform in the league. Still, it is rather embarrassing to lose to a team from Thailand.

Can't the anti-Moyes brigade go and play? :dont know:

It was a pre-season friendly, and it mattered little who won. Fergie lost his first game too. Who cares. If he wanted to win the match he would have fielded a strong team. The fact he didn't shows it wasn't important as a result.

I have been waiting for this to happen, i said the United fans were going to be in a for a shock with Moyes, experiments or not, he defo won't last the end of the season playing 4-4-1-1 at United, this is the big leagues now Davey, and it sounds like the other team deserved to win.

Not our problem anymore, we are looking forward to our new super attack under Martinez. :)

I bet the United fans are hitting panic stations - they are certainly not used to losing especially not against a bunch of no hopers

Some of the comments at Red Cafe are amusing. One person, for example, is suggesting that Phil Neville take over from Danny Welbeck as striker, since he couldn't do any worse. The more serious comments relate to the current miserable state of the ManU midfield - which means that Moyes may become even more aggressive in trying to buy Fellaini.

I have been waiting for this to happen, i said the United fans were going to be in a for a shock with Moyes, experiments or not, he defo won't last the end of the season playing 4-4-1-1 at United, this is the big leagues now Davey, and it sounds like the other team deserved to win.

Not our problem anymore, we are looking forward to our new super attack under Martinez. :)

Didn't Ferguson play 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1 pretty much all the time as well, in recent years that is?

Some of the comments at Red Cafe are amusing. One person, for example, is suggesting that Phil Neville take over from Danny Welbeck as striker, since he couldn't do any worse. The more serious comments relate to the current miserable state of the ManU midfield - which means that Moyes may become even more aggressive in trying to buy Fellaini.

I've been reading a bit on Redcafe as well and I think they'll be livid if they buy Fellaini :D

Edited by Steve_E

Didn't Ferguson play 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1 pretty much all the time as well, in recent years that is?

I've been reading a bit on Redcafe as well and I think they'll be livid if they buy Fellaini :D

Pretty much

De Gea

Rafael Rio Evans/Vidic Evra

Valencia Carrick Cleverley/Giggs Welbeck/Young

Rooney

RVP

Only noticed a change in style if Chico or Kagawa started.

This is Moyes 4-4-1-1 not Fergie 4-4-1-1 huge difference, lets see how he gets on once the season starts.

Yes that's basically it, to see how Moyes gets on in his new employment. Doesn't care for if people like Moyes or detest the name, some will at least be interested to see how he does now.

Worth saying, and there's no argument here so no sense in trying to twist things, but there were indeed one or two names on these pages in the recent past that had nothing but rebuke for Moyes and berating, and all of a sudden or a few weeks later, were up for giving plaudits and recognition, so often wondered quite what occured there. One more time, don't think he was the right candidate to take over from Ferguson but some will at least see how he gets on next year and be curious as to what occurs. Safe to say, nobody actually disliked Moyes as an individual. We all recognize what a fine job he did here, but it's another clubs business now.

I think Simon means Ferguson would utilize an attacking 4-4-1-1 and Moyes would favor a defensive 4-4-1-1 ?

look at it from another perspective

Moyes and Ferguson are taking a pre-season vacation on Bournemouth Beach. There's a group of naked centerfold models lazing around and splashing in the sea, and Alex advises going down and fucking them silly, while Moyes suggests stopping off for a raspberry ripple at the nearest beach hut and talking defensive tactics or have they had their shots.

Once again, not our responsibility anymore but wish him well in future endeavors.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8824926/David-Moyes-Wayne-Rooney-needed-at-Man-Utd-as-cover-for-Robin-van-Persie

"Overall, my thought on Wayne is, if for any reasons we had an injury to Robin van Persie, we'll need him," said Moyes.

is it just me or is that a serious lack of class? If he had said that about one of our star players I wouldve been livid...

I said it a lot when he was here; but he is a terrible man manager.

he he! the old "journeyman average player" chip on shoulder is all too clear , all we need is for him to sign Drenthe, Van der meyde, Pierre Van Hoojidonk, Stan Collymore, Cantona, Di Canio and old trafford will turn into the royal rumble. Moyesy tag teaming with Steve Round and Phil Neville, hitting the enigmatic match winners with his clip board.

Let the fun begin, Rooney is off and he will be going to their rivals - bad decision Davie lad.....

Think Rooney was gong before Moyes stepped in, just delayed the transfer to create a 'no player bigger than the club' (Ferguson) persona for Moyes. Seems United are trying to make a replica of Ferguson, Moyes has many of his traits and could be moulded into the manager they want if only he wasn't so risk adverse. Squad utilisation, youth development and attacking when 1 up is all new to him, however the refs will make sure a top 4 finish is guaranteed. United are willing to give him a proper chance, but I predict he'll be sacked after the second season as he won't change his spots.

Think Rooney was gong before Moyes stepped in, just delayed the transfer to create a 'no player bigger than the club' (Ferguson) persona for Moyes. Seems United are trying to make a replica of Ferguson, Moyes has many of his traits and could be moulded into the manager they want if only he wasn't so risk adverse. Squad utilisation, youth development and attacking when 1 up is all new to him, however the refs will make sure a top 4 finish is guaranteed. United are willing to give him a proper chance, but I predict he'll be sacked after the second season as he won't change his spots.

Theres not a club in the world that a fit Wayne Rooney wouldn't improve... Moyes has clearly made his intention to have 1 striker up top and Rooney aint first choice.

Rooney aint soft, he still watches Everton and would have seen enough of Moyes style to decide that maybe his time at United is best to be concluded. Lets not forget the way Moyes treated Rooney at Everton, those in the know say they clashed and Moyes tried to break his spirit. When he falls out with people he takes it personal and doesnt let things go... yes fergie was like that but he earned that right and only sold a player when he knew he had them covered . Jaap Stam > Rio, David Beckham > Ronaldo, Van Nistlerooy > Rooney, Keane > Carrick

Moyes needs to leave his ego at home, he's at a club on a whole different level of player power.

Games at this stage of the season mean nothing. As you saw with our friendly, its a glorified run about and they probably have harder training games during the season!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8824926/David-Moyes-Wayne-Rooney-needed-at-Man-Utd-as-cover-for-Robin-van-Persie

is it just me or is that a serious lack of class? If he had said that about one of our star players I wouldve been livid...

Oooohhh that is a kick in the sack if ever I saw one! This could be fun.

I think its a piece that reflects my view and frustrations of Moyes latter part of his tenure at Everton.

For me this Rooney fiasco has been handled appallingly badly. Rooney is a fan favourite and Moyes has basically called him a squad player... I can't help but think Fergie is exacting his revenge a few years after the event - when the consequences wont reflect on him.