IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Aren't they (Manchester United) in action in the League Cup this night, and if so, all they need is a one goal home win to see off the opposition and take a place in this years final event. (even if, in all probability, Manchester City beat them out of sight on the day if they can get through tonight)

Edit, it's on now, and United have a 1 - 0 advantage.

Guessing Moyes may even fuck this one up, as he'll be so focused on hanging on to that lead and not daring for anything more, that Sunderland may very well steal something the longer things go on. You know what to expect.

I don't like the home team much, and more power to Sunderland if they can make the final tonight. I don't know how said home team are doing in Europe this season, but the League Cup is the only domestic honor they can win and Moyes' often cautious approaches and inability to see off opposition sides could prove decisive once again this night.

All rather immaterial all said, as whoever gets through tonight, Manchester City will be the only victors in the final event.

David Moyes has stated that Utd WILL be in an European competition next season..................................................... even if he's got to write the song himself! :)

Ramsey said the very same thing about England before the '66 World Cup, so watch this space...

in all probability they will get through tonight, but it's runners-up medals for them this year.

There was never this level of animosity towards Manchester United before Moyes was manager with some individuals, so why now. Sure one or two have a legitimate grudge with Moyes since his time here, and a "he did a poor job, so let's find humor in his misfortunes" viewpoint.

For the most part, couldn't give a shit who won the game. A - Whoever won this night is never going to win the final itself, B - The League Cup is a largely ridiculed and insignficant trophy to enter and is hardly the most spectacular of soccer participations. It doesn't get berated by a majority for nothing, and because a handful of (the) usual boring analysists, on a boring highlights program, on a boring fucking TV station, show a degree of excitement or have nothing else to put on (see follow up movie Color of Night), doesn't make it so.

Didn't see too many giving Sunderland plaudits or waving red and white merchandise, after a recent setback at Goodison Park either. Fans can be fickle sometimes.

Maybe I do feel some sympathy for David Moyes. I can't extend the same level of malice or ridicule from some others towards the name. Ok they lost the tie (although actually winning the game) but if the owners at Manchester United have any sense (which Kenwright obviously overlooked as his Everton tenure "progressed") they'll rid themselves of Moyes services during the next close season and this berating would appear short lived.

Sunderland get themselves a "win", the opposition loses. I didn't get no humor from it, or generate any feelings of euphoria, but take this opportunity to wish the victors well in the final event, but a repeat of a surprise result as with them and Leeds United in '73, would appear minimal at this moment in time. I don't have the same feelings of animosity towards the beaten opposition (and Moyes himself) as with some others, to bring myself to offer proper ridicule on tonights events.

Oh, come on! This is the biggest laugh I've had in a long time! I'm watching these penalties on a loop. United were, quite simply, abysmally, pathetically, atrociously, awfully, disgustingly, hilariously bad. :)

I just can't stop gloating! United just lost (effectively) at home to the team at the bottom of the league, losing their only realistic shot this year of a trophy. Winning 1-0 (and hence winning on the away goals rule), David Moyes played to keep the 1-0 lead, even bringing on subs designed to keep the lead. The mighty United - scared witless and believing they can't score again at home to the team at the bottom. Priceless!

We get called bitter because (supposedly) we're jealous though......this has nothing to do with jealousy....it's just funny!

Still funny this morning :rofl: .

just find it sad that some can revel so much in Moyes' misery. A little bit I get, but some are going OTT...

just find it sad that some can revel so much in Moyes' misery. A little bit I get, but some are going OTT...

I really haven't joined in much up to now; just an occasional quiet chuckle, but last night just tipped me over the edge.

I have an email conversation going with a ManU supporting mate (proper one) and the title of my original message back in May was, "Agent Moyes in Place". I'm thinking I'm right and it must be sabotage (top move from Bill :P); it couldn't possibly be going this badly otherwise could it?

I really haven't joined in much up to now; just an occasional quiet chuckle, but last night just tipped me over the edge.

I have an email conversation going with a ManU supporting mate (proper one) and the title of my original message back in May was, "Agent Moyes in Place". I'm thinking I'm right and it must be sabotage (top move from Bill :P); it couldn't possibly be going this badly otherwise could it?

:lol:

the occasional chuckle I get, just like I got really angry with him regarding players moving to Utd, but I dont revel in it. Dont even pay that much attention, since hes not our manager anymore!

Tbh it would be funny if it was just United in general, its just an added bonus that Moyes is in charge!

This for me. I would laugh just as much if SAF went through this. Dislike him more than Moyes. Would be ace listening to SAFs excuses today. Refs were awful, thet cheated. Its only because we are man u that sunderland tried extra hard bla bla bla.

There's a few things to consider in all this:-

Moyes left us without any compensation to recruit a manager, he knew well in advance of handing his notice so to speak. He managed us for 4 months knowing he was off to United. Slight risk of industrial espionage???

Speaking of industrial espionage the cheeky prick had the temerity to go back to his former employers and tried to get two players on the cheap, called us for being smaller than United and basically insulted the club and new manager.

Moyes in his time here made excuses for his lack of bottle by blaming resource, quality of players etc etc... We seen last night it's not the players, it's the manager.

Many fans gave Moyes 11 years of support, despite posters like me being pretty much against him for the last 5 years. It kinda stings to watch someone youve defended throw it all back in your face. So when you see them get a bit of what they deserve it's quite enjoyable.

Man united fans on the whole remain one of the most arrogant, smug, and spoilt group of glory seekers. They thought their club could change Moyes, they believe the DNA of the club can get an average manager becoming a class one over night. They believe Everton are so inferior that they can have our top talent when they see fit.

Is it wrong to enjoy watching this whole saga unfold? Not at all, it's awesome. I can think of £30m reasons why Moyes has had all the gratitude he is supposed to be receiving.

Moyes left us without any compensation to recruit a manager, he knew well in advance of handing his notice so to speak. He managed us for 4 months knowing he was off to United. Slight risk of industrial espionage??? - Pure speculation, we dont know when he was asked to take over Man Utd, we dont know whats been said behind closed doors. Its likely that it happened this way though

Speaking of industrial espionage the cheeky prick had the temerity to go back to his former employers and tried to get two players on the cheap, called us for being smaller than United and basically insulted the club and new manager. - True, the remarks about holding players back is the biggest reason for me to dislike the guy right now

Moyes in his time here made excuses for his lack of bottle by blaming resource, quality of players etc etc... We seen last night it's not the players, it's the manager. - He was right about the resources and the quality of players at Everton though. But he used it as an excuse for poor results, dragging down the players confidence in doing so. Its not that he wasnt right, it was the poor leadership towards his own squad.

Many fans gave Moyes 11 years of support, despite posters like me being pretty much against him for the last 5 years. It kinda stings to watch someone youve defended throw it all back in your face. So when you see them get a bit of what they deserve it's quite enjoyable. - For me it was just the last two seasons. I defended the guy for a long long time. Still think that he was the best thing that happened to Everton at the time. He did bring stability. Just lacked the knowledge to advance further

Man united fans on the whole remain one of the most arrogant, smug, and spoilt group of glory seekers. They thought their club could change Moyes, they believe the DNA of the club can get an average manager becoming a class one over night. They believe Everton are so inferior that they can have our top talent when they see fit.