Sign in to follow this  
Matt

David Moyes thread

45 minutes ago, Palfy said:

His brand of football of the constant long ball to the big man up front is going to get West Ham relegated.

Hopefully.

No idea why he’s tanked so much in his career, but even less of an idea why people are enjoying it. He did a good, not great, job here and I’m not understanding the hate at all

1 hour ago, Matt said:

No idea why he’s tanked so much in his career, but even less of an idea why people are enjoying it. He did a good, not great, job here and I’m not understanding the hate at all

manily because of this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23753129

Then twisted the knife in with this bellend shout : https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/23/david-moyes-marouane-fellaini-leighton-baines

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Its quite simple for me....

1.  He had a great opportunity to use his reluctance to sign a contract to get the board to stop with the ridiculous constraints on his transfer budget in order to strengthen the team.... he said he would only sign the contract if he had assurances about getting funds.  They made him one of the highest paid managers in world football and he more or less immediately told the press that we don't have much money and that we will be looking at loans etc.

2. Penknives to gunfights comments - top half is a great achievement for a club like Everton.... constant dampening of expectations which led to us being viewed somewhat patronisingly.

3. His crass pursuit of Leighton baines and fellaini when he went to united.... his comments were a disgrace and wiped away anything good he fostered with the fans in his 11 years here.

4. He just wasn't that good really....

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Because Everton fans are always fickle and often irrational. An emotional bunch, not always a logical bunch.

1. Underselling the club and expectations - Common workplace sense, "underpromise, overdeliver". Yes, it can be quite annoying when done to the extreme, but most managers do it. The ones who don't are like Roberto Martinez - promise us Champions League and take us to eleventh. His overambition and overdreaminess certainly got old quickly.

In the context of the fact that the club had battled relegation since the beginning of the PL era and that we were cash strapped, it was a great achievement to get us the consistency that Moyes did. Not necessarily in the overall context of the club, but you have to be with the times. 

2. If we had sold Fellaini and Baines for 30m total, it would've been a masterstroke for Moyes and shown Kenwright's true inability in all things business.

3. Nobody argues that Moyes is great, but most argue that he was a consistent and  more than competent performer here.

I would really hate to be the ex-girlfriend of some of the members here.... 

There's a saying, "If you meet an asshole one day, you meet an asshole. If you meet an asshole everyday, you're the asshole."

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

no hate to moyes, generally like the guy seems decent and did well with us.  i just expect him to relegate west ham because he's been well off it ever since he left United.

think he was well off it when he joined utd.

2 minutes ago, rubecula said:

think he was well off it when he joined utd.

i actually think he did ok at united.  Just something about getting let go of his dream job after taking over from his mentor/friend SAF just did him in.  Real Sociedad was a disaster, Sunderland an epic failure, and now West Ham i just don't see him turning it around.  

5 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Just realized we play West Ham last match of the season. Would be remarkable if it came down to us and West Ham in a relegation fight match last day....

Just don't.

Moyes just had a bit of a dickhead attitude. He did a pretty good job here, but his attitude stopped him from getting any further. 

West Ham is a great job for now though. Decent chairman, money, and enough players in the squad to get them.higher up the league without too many problems.

On 20/11/2017 at 14:34, Quinn31 said:

Because Everton fans are always fickle and often irrational. An emotional bunch, not always a logical bunch.

1. Underselling the club and expectations - Common workplace sense, "underpromise, overdeliver". Yes, it can be quite annoying when done to the extreme, but most managers do it. The ones who don't are like Roberto Martinez - promise us Champions League and take us to eleventh. His overambition and overdreaminess certainly got old quickly.

In the context of the fact that the club had battled relegation since the beginning of the PL era and that we were cash strapped, it was a great achievement to get us the consistency that Moyes did. Not necessarily in the overall context of the club, but you have to be with the times. 

2. If we had sold Fellaini and Baines for 30m total, it would've been a masterstroke for Moyes and shown Kenwright's true inability in all things business.

3. Nobody argues that Moyes is great, but most argue that he was a consistent and  more than competent performer here.

I would really hate to be the ex-girlfriend of some of the members here.... 

There's a saying, "If you meet an asshole one day, you meet an asshole. If you meet an asshole everyday, you're the asshole."

You don't undersell a football club.... certainly not a club that prided itself on being one of the best and proudest clubs in the land. 

He did a good job steadying the ship... he tried to make a fuckin career out of it. 

He was a hypocrite... slated players for leaving Everton and despite bagging £22m for joleon lescott he offers little more for Fellaini and Baines.  It wasn't just the offer it was his behaviour to our club in the media afterwards. 

35 minutes ago, hafnia said:

You don't undersell a football club.... certainly not a club that prided itself on being one of the best and proudest clubs in the land. 

He did a good job steadying the ship... he tried to make a fuckin career out of it. 

He was a hypocrite... slated players for leaving Everton and despite bagging £22m for joleon lescott he offers little more for Fellaini and Baines.  It wasn't just the offer it was his behaviour to our club in the media afterwards. 

Ah, the joys of being a spectator instead of a manager. 

7 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Ah, the joys of being a spectator instead of a manager. 

You mean the joys of being a supporter of a club who you have grown up watching win leagues, cups and basically maintaining it's proud status as an elite club till some fans allow chairmen and managers to dilute that status.... to tell us "this is the best you can expect".

You wanna accept mediocrity, downplayed expectations, second best then feel free.  Personally every shitty sponsorship deal, sacked mercenary "couldn't give a shit"" manager,  fucked up transfer window and gutless tactics is a kick in the bollocks to this club. 

Im not accepting people telling me that  moyes was good cos he got us 6th place either.  He was moaning about a glass ceiling years before he left.  He was moaning about being unable to be a top 4 side whilst on top 2 wages.  How many fuckin ways did he want it.

Joe Royle fucked our calamitous board off because he knew they weren't Everton standard.... thing is he saved us from more certain relegation, delivered a cup, beat top 4 sides, and got us up the top of the table in the few years he was here. 

He never spent his time telling the world Everton can't dare to be where they should.... 

6 hours ago, hafnia said:

You mean the joys of being a supporter of a club who you have grown up watching win leagues, cups and basically maintaining it's proud status as an elite club till some fans allow chairmen and managers to dilute that status.... to tell us "this is the best you can expect".

You wanna accept mediocrity, downplayed expectations, second best then feel free.  Personally every shitty sponsorship deal, sacked mercenary "couldn't give a shit"" manager,  fucked up transfer window and gutless tactics is a kick in the bollocks to this club. 

Im not accepting people telling me that  moyes was good cos he got us 6th place either.  He was moaning about a glass ceiling years before he left.  He was moaning about being unable to be a top 4 side whilst on top 2 wages.  How many fuckin ways did he want it.

Joe Royle fucked our calamitous board off because he knew they weren't Everton standard.... thing is he saved us from more certain relegation, delivered a cup, beat top 4 sides, and got us up the top of the table in the few years he was here. 

He never spent his time telling the world Everton can't dare to be where they should.... 

I think your problems lie with Sky TV, the backpass rule, foreign players, and the demise of long ball.

55 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

I think your problems lie with Sky TV, the backpass rule, foreign players, and the demise of long ball.

Sky TV and Richard Scudamore saved EFC - commercially we were/are an absolute joke.  Only the increase in TV money meant that our debt was minimalized vs income which made our purchase more attractive. 

not too sure about the rest of what you wrote if i'm honest - I think my previous post clearly explains where I stand on the  "tolerated demise" of our clubs standing within the game. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Sky TV and Richard Scudamore saved EFC - commercially we were/are an absolute joke.  Only the increase in TV money meant that our debt was minimalized vs income which made our purchase more attractive. 

not too sure about the rest of what you wrote if i'm honest - I think my previous post clearly explains where I stand on the  "tolerated demise" of our clubs standing within the game. 

You ever think that not being in London doesn't have something to do with it? That's where all the true high dollar sponsors have offices thus generating the demand for corporate sponsorships and premium seating that brings in massive commercial and matchday revenue. 

Why have Spurs grown so much in financial clout? Arsenal? 

51 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

You ever think that not being in London doesn't have something to do with it? That's where all the true high dollar sponsors have offices thus generating the demand for corporate sponsorships and premium seating that brings in massive commercial and matchday revenue. 

Why have Spurs grown so much in financial clout? Arsenal? 

Nope.  Commercially have a look at Newcastle, Liverpool, man city, villa, Sunderland in those years.

Look at elstones ridiculous kitbag and Chang deals....