IGNORED

David Moyes thread

I would do the same, but I wouldn't announce it to the press.

I think its to reassure people who gave him shit for not having the experience. Hes reassuring the Utd fans by turning to an experienced favourite. I would be a bit more relaxed if I was a Manc fan

if he goes to Fergie he looks weaker, and like the puppet some people are perceiving him as. He has made Giggs a player / coach, makes perfect sense to me.

So going to one of the greatest managers there has ever been will make him look weaker than turning to a person that has no management experience? I really don't see it.

So going to one of the greatest managers there has ever been will make him look weaker than turning to a person that has no management experience? I really don't see it.

Going to the guy who hand picked you for a job over going to someone who lived one of the greatest managers every team talk for 20 years, played 700+ games through many different tournaments.

I know what you mean, and whos to say he didnt go to Fergie too, but turning to Giggs isnt as stupid as it seems.

Going to the guy who hand picked you for a job over going to someone who lived one of the greatest managers every team talk for 20 years, played 700+ games through many different tournaments.

I know what you mean, and whos to say he didnt go to Fergie too, but turning to Giggs isnt as stupid as it seems.

Yeh I'm sure he probably will go to Fergie.

I'm not saying that talking to Giggs is stupid as such but I just seems a bit 'small time' (couldn't think of a better word!). I don't know many managers who would ask their staff how they should be managing their department etc.

Anyway agree to disagree :D

I just think Moyes is uncharacteristically coming out with stuff he doesn't need to. His interviews have been shocking, from ostracising a top striker, talking about another clubs player (he prides himself on not doing that), overtraining RVP, being scared of old trafford... Rabbit headlights.

I loved Moyes but he aint doing well so far at the Mancs

Well give him a chance, he's only just been recently appointed, and one or two largely insignificant friendlies aside, the real test will be next season and the week to week joust of domestics. Even Ferguson himself took three and a half years to win something at Manchester United although of course Moyes, or maybe no-one else will ever be able to duplicate the overall success. Can't at all envisage MUFC winning the league next season so that leaves the cup tourneys, but with Moyes infamous safety-first policies and defensive strategies, how far will they go in respective tournaments ? Going to be interesting to see what occurs with them.

Well give him a chance, he's only just been recently appointed, and one or two largely insignificant friendlies aside, the real test will be next season and the week to week joust of domestics. Even Ferguson himself took three and a half years to win something at Manchester United although of course Moyes, or maybe no-one else will ever be able to duplicate the overall success. Can't at all envisage MUFC winning the league next season so that leaves the cup tourneys, but with Moyes infamous safety-first policies and defensive strategies, how far will they go in respective tournaments ? Going to be interesting to see what occurs with them.

Moyes has inherited a premier league winning team who are one of the best in Europe, ferguson inherited a team who were 21st in the league... Moyes is and should be expected to deliver.

Personally I think it's about time he should be placed in a position where he can't sand bag.

Latest on Fabregas is that the Vice President of Barca has told United that Febregas is not for sale at any price...http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23463992

United struggled to a 2-2 with Cerezo Osaka - relying on an injury time equaliser. He's drawn criticism for playing Giggs and Jones in midfield, looking apparently toothless. Still, lets be fair, he has to give all players game time. Apparently they do look very much all over the place at the back.

Just been speaking to a mate of mine a grew up with, United fan. Very pissed off with Moyes. Said all the players have looked fucked, and he said his pursuit of Fabregas in public is not the United way and will only end up costing the club more money if they do actually sign him. Already he thinks the reason we had slow starts was over working the players.

I found it quite funny listening to him winge.

Just been speaking to a mate of mine a grew up with, United fan. Very pissed off with Moyes. Said all the players have looked fucked, and he said his pursuit of Fabregas in public is not the United way and will only end up costing the club more money if they do actually sign him. Already he thinks the reason we had slow starts was over working the players.

I found it quite funny listening to him winge.

Eh? Remind him of the Berbatov saga.

_68989796_moyes_new.jpg

Nail-biting times. What caption would you suggest?

"And as I told the press, I shall be relying on Gigg's Champion's League experience."

"So I said to Sligo Rovers "ye gettin nay more than £70,000 for Seamus Coleman" - those fuckers were tough negotiators and I got him for £60k, ye mark my words I will sign fabregas"

_68989796_moyes_new.jpg

Nail-biting times. What caption would you suggest?

"And as I told the press, I shall be relying on Gigg's Champion's League experience."

Moyes "reet lads, I'll be fookin honest with ya, I've just seen RVP, Rio and Cleverley just spew up and go into convulsions after just a 30km run in 90 percent humidity, I'm thinkin of sending them running in a gas mask to really fuck them up, what's do you think?"

Giggsy "my finger tastes funny, think my brother is eating celery"

Was supposed to sign a contract and then came out with the whole 'I will decide at the end of the season' bollocks. Don't care about the apology to be honest because it's just an attempt to improve relations so they can come in for Leighton.

You've made your bed, lie in it.

Guest Nikica

He needs to be given a chance now he has the job, but I'd really laugh if he destroyed Man United (and by 'destroy', I mean took them to a CL qualifying team from a PL title-winning team, which given the lack of perspective for most of their glory-hunting fans might as well be the bottom of the Conference).

I really don't think he's good enough for Man United and his appointment smacks of small-minded xenophobia and an inability to understand that Ferguson's length of tenure was exception, not the rule. Let's see United preach about their stability and loyalty to managers when they're struggling under a manager who is not untouchable.

In saying that, I do think they'll finish top three (they can forget about doing much in the CL though, his tactical inadequacies will be exposed there). But if the teams below that improve who knows what will happen in future? The worst that will happen for them, as I say, is they become a club like Arsenal whose first priority to to qualify for the CL, but that would be enough.

I love how they have a history of missing out on most of their targets as well. The simple fact is that Man United is not an attractive destination for the very best players in the world coming from abroad, and never has been. The very best generally gravitate towards Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern and (more so in the past), Serie A.

Edited by Nikica