IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Adnan Januzaj again their best player apparently. Hopefully Moyes gives him plenty of opportunities this season.

This is him:

-Great passes forward at 0:40 and especially at 0:45 and 1:20. Another clever pass at 4:22. Good cross at 3:32.

-Decent dribble and effort on goal at 2:10, then again at 2:47 where he follows up by picking up the rebound, dribbling past a defender and assisting Valencia. Another couple of great dribbles at 4:05.

-Good ball control and turns forward when under pressure at 0:25 and 1:09.

He's going to be very good. He's had quite a growth spurt since joining United two years ago and maybe he still needs to fill out a bit, but that hasn't stopped him from shining in pre-season so far. I hope Moyes will start him regularly.

In fairness, the BBC did not quote his entire comment - which went on to say that they still have to play 38 games and it will be tough for the teams that play his team. On the other hand, the FA have confirmed that he had the gall to complain to them suggesting bias because they won the league last year. I can just imagine the conversation:

"We haved to play three difficult teams in our first five games. That's unfair. I demand you change the schedule so we play Palace, Hull, and Cardiff first."

"OK. Done. So now you play those tough teams at the end of the season."

"Wait. That's not fair. If we're in a tough promotion battle, we should be playing easier teams at the end of the season. Palace, Hull, and Cardiff last."

"OK. Done. So now you play the tough teams over Christmas and the New Year."

"Bias! That will slow our momentum. Over the holidays, we should play Palace, Hull, and Cardiff."

"And what about the Easter weekend?"
"Same thing. It must be Palace, Hull, and Cardiff."

"But sir, you only play those teams twice,"

"What? Most of our games are against difficult teams? What is this - a conspiracy? Next you'll be telling me I'm only allowed 11 players on the pitch."

Guest blueboy122

He sounds like a right Kopite with all that everyone is against me bollocks. I get all that from my red freinds every year "the premier league are against us" "we always get really hard fixtures at important times of the season"

Ha its quite laughable. Personally I couldnt care less about who we play when.

Everyone plays everyone at some point home and away.

Whats the big deal? :dont know: :dont know:

He's gone to the dark side.

I've been really surprised at how Moyes has handled himself since taking over at United. Fair enough, it's a different type of pressure, but the bloke seems completely removed from the guy that managed our club less than 3 months ago.

I've joked about secret agent Moyes but I can't be arsed with it now. Respect for what he accomplished with us, but I couldn't care less now what he does at United (although it would be brilliant to do them this season).

(although it would be brilliant to do them this season).

A win at OT would just be the sweetest moment ever!

The one big black mark over his time at Goodison is the failure to win (or even attempt to win most of the time) either there, Arse, Chelsea or Anfield....to show him how to do it would be the stuff of dreams

Guest blueboy122

A win at OT would just be the sweetest moment ever!

The one big black mark over his time at Goodison is the failure to win (or even attempt to win most of the time) either there, Arse, Chelsea or Anfield....to show him how to do it would be the stuff of dreams

Guilty feeling a tad?

Davie "sandbagging" Moyes. He probably is preparing his speech:-

"Manchester city and Chelsea have really spent some oil rich money this year, I'm spending U.S dollars and the exchange rate isn't favourable right now, I tried to do business to get a player who despite spending 8 years at another premier league club and is now at the most successful European club team in recent years - which so happens to be his home town club - he just didn't want to come. I even tried to get my old world class left back, but my old skint employers wouldn't sell for the shitty amount I thought they would".

None of his shit surprises me, he was earnin £70k a week for the best gig in town, all he had to keep doing was trying to convince media that by getting players of the ilk of Fellaini, baines, Howard, distin, Osman, pienaar, mirallas to avoid relegation that he was a managerial genius....

Seriously hope he gets sacked.

I think the chairman and owners at Manchester United may be a little less tolerant with Moyes than Kenwright ever was. Probably be a shock of the first order the day Moyes ever gets his first firing, after the 'protectiveness' of before. Got to concur that a win at Old Trafford under Martinez - and right under Moyes' nose - would be something to behold, and with the problems they've been experiencing recently, anything is possible. I'd go as far to say I really can't envisage MUFC winning anything this season, as there's better equipped teams to win the EPL, and Moyes defensive strategies in the cup games are only going to serve as an eventual hinderance. It's no surprise a number of their supporters were unhappy with the appointment from day one.

Man Utd winning 2-0 but both teams have been all over the place in this first half.

Swanse have dominated possession and could have scored a few themselves but Utd have been clinical.

If this first half is anything to go by Swansea will be dangerous but definitely beatable and Man Utd look soft and that they will again be relying on RVP.

Yeh they won well in the end but again they were up against it and just managed to pick Swansea off.

Welbeck scored a cracking goal but again I dont think he really contributed that much in general. He is a good player but I think he is the type of guy that scores in the 3 or 4 nil wins as opposed to the 90th minute winner.

Defensively they werent very solid and unsurprisingly they sat back and invited Swansea onto them. They defended the penalty area well but if Swansea had RVP and Utd didnt then Swansea would have won that game. He really is a top class player and I would dread to think were Utd would have finished last year without him, let alone this year.

Good start for Moyes though and exactly what he needed.