IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Well, that's took the shine off that..........£180,000 a week take home, that's crap.

Give it all up Wayne, come and WORK on a building site and take home £180 a week.

Just saying like, he's worth most of that for the money he brings into the club for just being Rooney.

Also the £120,000 tax bill nearly halfs the 300k figure.

Edited by MiguelCotto

These salaries have become goddamn ludicrous. Rooney (or any other player you could mention) doesn't warrant 300,000 per week, when 3,000 a week would seem more than enough for all playing individuals. Money and greed will be the ultimate demise of the game, and in all seriousness, as there will be no improvement , or salary cap, or indeed commonsense, anytime soon, I feel inclined to just let them get on with it and one day, it'll all end in disaster, or some level of a severely regrettable situation.

These salaries have become goddamn ludicrous. Rooney (or any other player you could mention) doesn't warrant 300,000 per week, when 3,000 a week would seem more than enough for all playing individuals. Money and greed will be the ultimate demise of the game, and in all seriousness, as there will be no improvement , or salary cap, or indeed commonsense, anytime soon, I feel inclined to just let them get on with it and one day, it'll all end in disaster, or some level of a severely regrettable situation.

It's capitalism DK. Supply and demand, the free market etc. It's disgusting but sadly it's the way of the western world.

I don't even think a salary cap is enforceable by EU law tbh.

Edited by Nikica

It's capitalism DK. Supply and demand, the free market etc. It's disgusting but sadly it's the way of the western world.

I don't think transfer windows or requirements on a number of homegrown players are either and they exist.

I don't think transfer windows or requirements on a number of homegrown players are either and they exist.

I don't think wages can legally be limited in a free market. However individual football associations (and PL would have to agree too) could set a salary cap for the whole club, then it's up to the club how they allocate the total cap. This is the case in Rugby League, where you have to balance the books of having a few star players and a few young hungry players on lower wages.

Having said all that, there's no way it will happen in football in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...