IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Guest Nikica

The ironic thing is how Moyes has always been very outspoken about the way teams have come in for players. Different I suppose when it's a team coming for you...

It's the Man United effect. Those cunts are the kings of hypocrisy.

I just think Moyes is uncharacteristically coming out with stuff he doesn't need to. His interviews have been shocking, from ostracising a top striker, talking about another clubs player (he prides himself on not doing that), overtraining RVP, being scared of old trafford... Rabbit headlights.

Mirallas last season? He does seem like hes starting to lose it...

How about some compensation, like 1.5m to cover the cost of our new manager?

Mirallas last season? He does seem like hes starting to lose it...

How about some compensation, like 1.5m to cover the cost of our new manager?

Mirallas in case is a perfect example of Moyes - a match winner, great signing. Yet moyes chose to criticise him, bring him back from injury early and try to 'toughen' him up. Clearly he didn't tailor the training around him. Mirallas, like RVP are very pacey, slight players - you can't train them like a Distin.

Mirallas in case is a perfect example of Moyes - a match winner, great signing. Yet moyes chose to criticise him, bring him back from injury early and try to 'toughen' him up. Clearly he didn't tailor the training around him. Mirallas, like RVP are very pacey, slight players - you can't train them like a Distin.

I honestly think that was half the problem with Bily Haf

I honestly think that was half the problem with Bily Haf

I do too, Bily was a central attacking midfielder that moyes persisted in playing a s a winger. He stifled the creativity out of the lad, the same could be said for arteta, the last 18 months he was stagnant.

Bilys dad stated:

“I don’t want to question Moyes’ qualifications, but if he’d got more out of his defensive players, then his creative players wouldn’t have dropped off so much in recent years.”

Watching Man Utd play against Swedish AIK right now. Feels strange to see DM and Neville on the Man Utd bench.

Tell you what though, Man U look rubbish. AIK are all over them at the moment. Manchester only look dangerous on the break.

Commentators saying that Man U look like they have run out of ideas when it comes to building attacks. Heard that before somwhere.

Rooney injured in the shoulder. Supposedly.

Experts during the half time were discussing Moyes tactics and they were all a bit puzzled. They could not figure out what DM wants to do/achieve.

Has the opportunity to play the ball forward faster on the break but every time they have a chance to break, they slow the ball down and start passing it sideways

Their principal problems remain: shoddy defending and a lack of an anchor in midfield. These will be fixed in the transfer market (and I think think they'll steal Fellaini). The only thing that Moyes can really be blamed for is tactical approach, and in particular going with just one man up front. Injuries, to some extent, are the bad luck of the draw. I doubt they are because of Moyes' training regime, although the press and commentators do like to fit things into their tidy little narratives.

If I was a Red fan, though, I would be worried. The problems with defence and midfield have been glaring all preseason, and nothing has yet been done about it. Now there are just 11 days to go before the new season starts.

Rooney, who was named by Roy Hodgson in his England squad to face Scotland next Wednesday when it was unveiled today, is yet to play a competitive game during United's pre-season programme.

And as he will also miss Rio Ferdinand's testimonial against Seville tomorrow, he was keen to get a more strenuous workout than the light session planned for David Moyes' first team.

It explains why Rooney was with the reserves, which has been latched on to by some as further evidence of a worsening relationship with the Old Trafford club.

However in this instance, that is thought not to be the case with the player himself keen to underline the development was at his request, which could yet assist him in appearing against Scotland.

Rooney's selection by England is interesting though.

Edited by Avinalaff

Just read this quote from the Daily Star: "Repeatedly this summer, Moyes has spoken of the difficulty in securing new players quickly due to the upheaval created by Sir Alex Ferguson's departure." I really don't understand this: If RM can bring in four players within a week, how come DM can't bring in a single player in six weeks because of the "upheaval" of the former manager's departure? It makes no sense.

The whole transfer business with Fellaini and Baines is driving me to drink. I wish ManU would just get on with it so we have time not only to bring in replacements but also for them to become part of the team. I remain convinced it will happen for something over 40m; it's just a matter of time.

The whole transfer business with Fellaini and Baines is driving me to drink. I wish ManU would just get on with it so we have time not only to bring in replacements but also for them to become part of the team. I remain convinced it will happen for something over 40m; it's just a matter of time.

Meanwhile Gordon Taylor of the PFA says it's impossible for Liverpool to sell Suarez because... "With the transfer window expiring, the difficulties of not only selling him to a competitor but also replacing him makes it practically impossible,"

Just the three weeks to go.....when exactly did they sell Torres to Chelsea (and get Carroll in)?

And when did we sell Rooney to United?

Don't remember him (Taylor) complaining at the time how hard that'd make things for Everton to bring in a replacement, maybe I missed it.

Twat.

Meanwhile Gordon Taylor of the PFA says it's impossible for Liverpool to sell Suarez because... "With the transfer window expiring, the difficulties of not only selling him to a competitor but also replacing him makes it practically impossible,"

Just the three weeks to go.....when exactly did they sell Torres to Chelsea (and get Carroll in)?

And when did we sell Rooney to United?

Don't remember him (Taylor) complaining at the time how hard that'd make things for Everton to bring in a replacement, maybe I missed it.

Twat.

Yeh my thoughts exactly.