IGNORED

Rooney

We aren't in the market to afford him, however with Man Utd's debt being released on news, there has been talk of Barca or Real weighing up a £80m bid to take him in the summer, especially if he stars in the world cup.

I am aware that there is a sell on clause (I think it's 25% of anything over £20m - need clarifying if poss)

If he was to go for £80m - that would mean a £15m pay day for us....nice. That would take the overall pay day for the club to approx £40m.

This is something we need to happen...

That would take the overall pay day for the club to approx £40m.

And still £10million under the amount we were ever going to sell him for... ;)

They'd have to force him out IMO because I don't reckon he'd actually want to leave.

It'd be nice to wipe £15million off our debts in one go.

Fuck Nani...bad attitude little Ronaldo wannabe.

He's got some skills but not a complete player and I don't think him and Moyes would get on in much the same way that Ferguson and Nanin clearly don't get on.

I don't see Rooney leaving unless forced to. While we all may laugh at his "dedication", he's clearly happy at the club who have given him an opportunity to play at the top level winning trophies regularly and playing with big name players which we he wasn't really getting at Everton.

He doesn't strike me as the kind of player that would really enjoy get on that well playing in Spain, I think he'd get a lot of cards as he is very physical where as Ronaldo is made for the Spanish league enjoying the space and chance of a bit of twinkle toe action safe in the knowledge that if someone breathes on him he'll probably get a foul.

• 3 years later...

not how it works these days though is it, everyone knows what he can do on the pitch but a player like that is worth more, but with us stuck in this stupid deal, it would be pointless.

He'll own his own image rights anyway so I doubt we could make money off him even without the Kitbag deal.

So if he came back and got 30 goals in the league next year it would be pointless?

No im not saying that am i? fully aware of what he can do on the pitch and it would be amazing to have that in the team, what im saying is that he is a HUGE star now and most clubs would be using him in a marketing capacity as much as a playing one, but to us it would be a little difficult being stuck with Kitbag. Now Romey is saying his own rights are separate and make no difference, so yeah Dunc bring his 30 goals a season on!!

not how it works these days though is it, everyone knows what he can do on the pitch but a player like that is worth more, but with us stuck in this stupid deal, it would be pointless.

kinda is. ok, maybe we couldnt make money through his name, but we might make money by qualifying for the CL for example, or winning a cup.

kinda is. ok, maybe we couldnt make money through his name, but we might make money by qualifying for the CL for example, or winning a cup.

Id say it was both, but if Rooney has his own deals like Mark said then it wouldn't make a difference, and lets be honest. Can you imagine Kenwright around Rooney? we all know what he was like with Moyes. Also Rooney's agent is a right snake by all accounts, they say he is the one causing the trouble with United at the moment.

Under contract and would cost £25m for a lad who turns 28 this year. Errr if some of you questioned the logic of signing a 29 year old for £5m then seriously the only way Rooney will be back here is on a free transfer in 3 years time.

In all honesty, in 3 years he will be a spent force compared to what he is now. He's not really looked after himself, he's smoked the past 8 years and his weight is a concern for me.

I can see Chelsea or arsenal coming in for him.

Under contract and would cost £25m for a lad who turns 28 this year. Errr if some of you questioned the logic of signing a 29 year old for £5m then seriously the only way Rooney will be back here is on a free transfer in 3 years time.

In all honesty, in 3 years he will be a spent force compared to what he is now. He's not really looked after himself, he's smoked the past 8 years and his weight is a concern for me.

I can see Chelsea or arsenal coming in for him.

different levels of quality though Haf - Rooney is 10 times the player. Irrelevant discussion though, as hes not coming, at least not anytime soon :)

3 years time, I agree he wont be anywhere near as good. We will have to wait and see.

different levels of quality though Haf - Rooney is 10 times the player. Irrelevant discussion though, as hes not coming, at least not anytime soon :)

3 years time, I agree he wont be anywhere near as good. We will have to wait and see.

Rooney is class, no doubt. Certainly not at the level I thought he would be after seeing him as a 17 year old though.

I had him down for best player in the world within 2-3 years of his debut. He has become a less impactful player, that spark he had which gave him that unpredictability of beating 3 players like he did against Leeds was replaced with a more - drop deep and lay off and get in the box approach.

He's got 2 more years left of his peak then I fear the wheels will come off.

Rooney is class, no doubt. Certainly not at the level I thought he would be after seeing him as a 17 year old though.

I had him down for best player in the world within 2-3 years of his debut. He has become a less impactful player, that spark he had which gave him that unpredictability of beating 3 players like he did against Leeds was replaced with a more - drop deep and lay off and get in the box approach.

He's got 2 more years left of his peak then I fear the wheels will come off.

think he was held back a bit in terms of becoming the worldclass striker because SAF put him where he was needed and he played because he just wanted to play.

I can see him being a very good AMC even when he is 30. Agree with all that though.

Didn't know that Rooney scored 130 goals last season. :fishing::leggit:

Didn't know that Rooney scored 130 goals last season. :fishing::leggit:

:lol: 10 times the goals doesnt mean 10 times the player :P

I was going to say his team contribution and workload but Kone has those attributes in comparable measures (though not sure he could ping a 50yd pass onto RVPs left foot). His track record is 1 in 2 goals, so maybe 30% more of a player :D