IGNORED

Rooney

Guest blueboy122

I would take him back. doesn't his contract run out soon?? end of this coming season??

Another one of the originals! Long time mate

I would take him back. doesn't his contract run out soon?? end of this coming season??

Bloody hell, welcome home!

Not alot just working away doing 26/9

I see someone has removed me from the Admin team :shaking fist:

I think me and Mark had to pick up after we buried an empty box at your TT funeral.

Edited by StevO

• 2 weeks later...

We aren't in the market to afford him, however with Man Utd's debt being released on news, there has been talk of Barca or Real weighing up a £80m bid to take him in the summer, especially if he stars in the world cup.

I am aware that there is a sell on clause (I think it's 25% of anything over £20m - need clarifying if poss)

If he was to go for £80m - that would mean a £15m pay day for us....nice. That would take the overall pay day for the club to approx £40m.

This is something we need to happen...

Not sure, I think it was 25% of anything over £25m. Not sure if that expired...

merged the threads and found Hafs 1st post.

Id be amazed if it was 25% over a certain amount. I thought it was just 25% (i'll check FM2013 tonight ;) )

If we were lucky enough for the world to flip on its axis and we sign Rooney, we would actually make from the kitbag deal. The club get bonus payments for going over certain thresholds.

But won't happen anyway, so we don't need to worry.

And extra money from his sale is great though.

If we were lucky enough for the world to flip on its axis and we sign Rooney, we would actually make from the kitbag deal. The club get bonus payments for going over certain thresholds.

thats news to me!!!

Sell on clauses are usually a percentage of the profit.

can be, or, typically with youngsters, it can be a percentage of the next sale fee rather than just the profit.

thats news to me!!!

can be, or, typically with youngsters, it can be a percentage of the next sale fee rather than just the profit.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but if you're on about training compensation for players out of our academy, we won't get any of that for Rooney:

training compensation shall be payable until the end of the season in which the player reaches the age of 23

(source: http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/01/06/30/78/statusinhalt_en_122007.pdf, annexe 4)

We do get 10% of the total transfer fee in solidarity contribution, that's 100% certain. Of course it is possible that we still managed to negotiate a clause for an additional sell-on fee as well.

Edited by Steve_E

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but if you're on about training compensation for players out of our academy, we won't get any of that for Rooney:

We do get 10% of the total transfer fee in solidarity contribution, that's 100% certain. Of course it is possible that we still managed to negotiate a clause for an additional sell-on fee as well.

not what I meant :) 10% is still going to be 2m+ and shouldnt be sniffed at!

Because he wasnt just some unknown youngster. He was always going to be massive.

unless he got injured, like Rodwell ;)

http://worldyouthsoccer.wordpress.com/2011/07/05/solidarity-mechanism-the-forgotten-revenue-stream/