IGNORED

Conor Grant

FA Cup medal, Championship medal. Yeah, shit....

:lol: Come off it Matt, of course he has medals, he is playing for arguably the richest team in the world. Forgot he won those games single handedly. Are you honestly telling me you rate Gareth barry?

I'm with you on Junior btw, i think he will come good. Just pointing out the fact that City have had a few stinkers so that fact he played for City doesnt mean he is a good player. That CB they had season before last was a real worldy aswell! :P

:lol: Come off it Matt, of course he has medals, he is playing for arguably the richest team in the world. Forgot he won those games single handedly. Are you honestly telling me you rate Gareth barry?

I'm with you on Junior btw, i think he will come good. Just pointing out the fact that City have had a few stinkers so that fact he played for City doesnt mean he is a good player. That CB they had season before last was a real worldy aswell! :P

He cant be that bad, they have the money to replace him but decided to play him in 41 games. Everyone was writing Carrick off a few seasons ago, and he was excellent last season. Not saying he sets the world alight but he is quite solid. Unspectacular, but solid.

He cant be that bad, they have the money to replace him but decided to play him in 41 games. Everyone was writing Carrick off a few seasons ago, and he was excellent last season. Not saying he sets the world alight but he is quite solid. Unspectacular, but solid.

Im not sure about Junior tbh, and just because he came from city doesn't mean anything they must pass through twice the amount of youngsters we do

Edited by Simon

Im not sure about Junior tbh, and just because he came from city doesn't mean anything they must pass through twice the amount of youngsters we do

the fact they paid 1.5m in compensation for him to train with them, says they thought a lot of him. I'm not saying training for City is a golden seal for a good player. My point is that writing the lad off because of one reaction is ludicrous, especially when he clearly has something Edited by Matt

watch this space to see how many games he plays this season,i hope he goes on loan,strange theres been no takers,wages I wonder ?.

I'm sure he is only on the same sort of wages as most of our youth. It says here: http://matchincome.com/2012/12/30/francisco-junior-salary-or-income/ he earns £11,244/week.

Not sure how reliable that is but that is very little money these days for a player even a youth player. If this website is accurate then he is on the same sort of wage as Vellios, Garbutt, Mcaleny, Kennedy and Duffy. So the same argument could be made for these youth prospects that may not make it. Maybe we should let go of all them to save wage because you dont rate them. I'm sorry your argument has very little substance considering you are most likely basing it on 2 preseason games and 1 league cup game against Warnocks dirty Leeds. He's played 2 preseason games this season, preseason is tough for most players considering he has only just come back from surgery he had towards the end of last season give the lad a break.. I wouldn't blame him for the Leeds game either he was thrown in against Dirty Leeds a ground in which we don't have a good record at the mentality from the start of the game wasn't good and if anyone is to blame that was Moyes. I wouldn't totally dismiss a players future at our club primarily based on a couple of preseason games.

I'm sure he is only on the same sort of wages as most of our youth. It says here: http://matchincome.com/2012/12/30/francisco-junior-salary-or-income/ he earns £11,244/week.

Not sure how reliable that is but that is very little money these days for a player even a youth player. If this website is accurate then he is on the same sort of wage as Vellios, Garbutt, Mcaleny, Kennedy and Duffy. So the same argument could be made for these youth prospects that may not make it. Maybe we should let go of all them to save wage because you dont rate them. I'm sorry your argument has very little substance considering you are most likely basing it on 2 preseason games and 1 league cup game against Warnocks dirty Leeds. He's played 2 preseason games this season, preseason is tough for most players considering he has only just come back from surgery he had towards the end of last season give the lad a break.. I wouldn't blame him for the Leeds game either he was thrown in against Dirty Leeds a ground in which we don't have a good record at the mentality from the start of the game wasn't good and if anyone is to blame that was Moyes. I wouldn't totally dismiss a players future at our club primarily based on a couple of preseason games.

Those figures can't be true, can they? Those youngsters surely can't be earning more than 10k a week? They should be getting about a tenth of that!

• 9 months later...

Good interview with Conor Grant, who's looking to start pre-season strongly after six months out injured:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/05/21/grant-s-pre-season-desire?

Loved this quote: "It'd be a dream come true [to make my debut]. All my family are Blues. My mum was a Red, but I think she's converted now. Hopefully I can push on and take any chance."

Edited by efc1111

Good interview with Conor Grant, who's looking to start pre-season strongly after six months out injured:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/05/21/grant-s-pre-season-desire?

Loved this quote: "It'd be a dream come true [to make my debut]. All my family are Blues. My mum was a Red, but I think she's converted now. Hopefully I can push on and take any chance."

I hadn't even known he was injured. I'd been wondering why we didn't see anything of him during the season after Martinez had bigged him up during pre-season.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...