IGNORED

Bobby v Moyes - if you could have moyes back now would you?

Moyes was great, but I think the time to move on was right.

It's hard to say who'll have the better stint considering Bob hasn't had any competitive matches to compare to Moyes. I will say that I'm excited and am feeling very optimistic about the upcoming season.

The players seem to love him already as well!

Wouldn't take Moyes back now though.

Don't really think this should be being asked yet tbh.

Yes, I was pleased Moyes left and things look good and I'm very excited but we haven't even played a competitive match under Martinez yet.

Give it a good six months of proper football and then a judgement can at least start to be made.

why shouldn't it be asked? give it six months and you can do a new topic :Grammar Police:

I think we're all getting a tad excited, ok at the moment we haven't had to watch Baines or Fellani leave, we've seen a couple of decent lads come in and the football against Blackburn was nice.

Let's don't build him up, to knock him down in three months time.

Moyes did a fine job, let's just hope Martinez can do better.

Martinez is fresh, maybe that's what Everton needed, but the platform left by Moyes can't be underestimated.

why shouldn't it be asked? give it six months and you can do a new topic :Grammar Police:

Well, for all we know the season could be complete shit and Martinez might be a disaster.

The signs are good and he's walking the walk well so far, but how can a judgement be made against a manager who changed things for all of us over an 11 year period in comparison to a manager who has been in the job a few months?

I'm far from Moyes' biggest fan and I sincerely hope that Martinez betters what Moyes did here, but I think it's far too early to be asking. Just my opinion.

Too early.

I think many are liking Martinez because he comes across as a really sweet guy. That's not why he is manager. He has the opportinty to prove himself as manager in the coming season, and at the end of the campaign, we will all know more about the situation.

Anybody who votes for Martinez before he has even led the team onto a competitive pitch needs to slow down.

Love and appreciate all Moyes has done for us but am really excited and encouraged by Martinez's vision but as others have said how can this be judged before any competitive football?!

I hope Martinez can build on what Moyes has done. Lets not forget the solid foundations that Roberto will hopefully be building on have been laid by Moyes.

I liked Martinez long before Moyes left and he was my first choice to succeed him once he did. But making any judgements now is way too soon. Even judging in 6 months will be premature, no matter whether results will have been good or bad. After one season we'll have an idea, after two seasons we'll really be able to assess the impact Martinez has had.

Edited by Steve_E

Moyes back? Never. One of those marriages where things may have been amicable but the fire had long gone out. After a few weeks apart, you realise how little you miss them. The Spanish hottie on the other side of the road may be on the hirsute side, but she talks a good game and is prepared to experiment with different positions. That's got to be worth it. Viva Roberto!

Edited by formby

Fuck me sorry people I know its too early to judge everything but the subject of the topic is would you RATHER HAVE BOBBY OR MOYES?

If the topic was would u rather have bobby or moyes...I'd say bobby. Purely based on his style, both as a manager and football philosphy. Plus, I strongly felt that a change was needed for everyone, for the best.

However...the topic is if u could have moyes back now blah blah...can be read in different ways, in my little opinion and is a bollock question.

i'd have Martinez to start wihthout question. Got tired in the end with Moyes inablility to win anything and mundane approaches. He had over a decade, dd well here and there, but once again, nothing won. In the end, a new name was required, and while not the only option, some will have faith in Martinez that he can finally bring this club that much elusive trophy that Moyes was unable to achieve, but it's still early days and apart from one or two meaningless friendlies, we still have no real idea how RM will fare next season. Say again, would rather take that chance, than a return of David Moyes.

One or two may have a relegation fear with the new name but that's all a bit far fetched. Sure it won't come to that. Word of warning though, I remember when Walker took charge in 1993/94 and came from Norwich City and felt optimistic we could do well, but avoided relegation on the last day, so even the most promising things can turn to shit, but quietly confident that Martinez may be able to do something here, that Moyes was unable.

We have yet to see if Martinez has the mental strength to carry us out of a sticky patch, I really hope he can. Gutted when DM left us but hey-ho he was never going to be here for ever............. never forget what we have now in a stable top 6ish club. It can go tits up virtually from the off!!!!

Sorry peeps the question was knowing what we do about Moyes after eleven years would you rather have him leading us into a new season or would you rather have the fresh encouraging Martinez? I know we haven't played a game and I know we could ask the question next year but maybe its a bollox question? Jesus didn't think it would be that difficult to comprehend :crying:

Sorry peeps the question was knowing what we do about Moyes after eleven years would you rather have him leading us into a new season or would you rather have the fresh encouraging Martinez? I know we haven't played a game and I know we could ask the question next year but maybe its a bollox question? Jesus didn't think it would be that difficult to comprehend :crying:

Hey guys? Would you rather have the old ugly Moyes or the fresh new "Bobby" ..............

Talk about trying to influence folk with the initial question. :shaking fist: We've known David Moyes for over a decade, yet he is called "Moyes" in your question and we've known Martinez for 2 minutes and he is now affectionately called "Bobby". :dont know:

Can somebody please ban young Trevor for being sneaky, underhanded, and down right disrespectful to our wonderful leader lovely David. :crying: :shaking fist:

Don't know if your being humorous Avin, I guess you are but if not. Weve known Moyes for eleven years? of course we have. I used to call him Davey and loved him as much as anybody but he let his contract run out when he knew he was going to United and cost us money which we had to pay out for Bobby. Is it wrong I call our new manager by a nickname and show support? or should I be a lick arse and long for a man who was on £70 grand a week and couldn't be arsed committing to a club that paid him that wage? The question was a question if you thought I was misleading anybody by my use of names that says more about you than me. After watching Moyes miss chance after chance after winning a trophy and watching us go away from home and watching us play defensive shut up shop football when we are in good positions I feel I have a right to feel positive about the season rightly or wrongly. Rant over :rofl:

You had me there Avin uuuush!!!

I make you right Trevor, and you've essentially explained what the problem was with David Moyes. Fair enough to anyone who had Moyes down as a personal favorite, but where was it taking us in the long run. I would never refer to Martinez as Bobby, but the successor deserves his chance to show what he can achieve, and if in a years time, it's been a nightmare or nothing but struggles, then we can criticize all we want, but there's an opportunity there to do something. I don't really care what David Moyes does now, he's no longer this clubs responsibility, if Manchester United fall away or go back to the club side of 25 years ago or under Ron Atkinson, it won't be of no great concern this end. Moyes had his time here, I thank him for him services or making this club recognized once again, but as with all clubs, changes are needed, and he's no longer on our payroll. Will never buy into the fact that Martinez will be a wonderous appointment or get too carried away, but for a fresh start or to try to win that much elusive trophy, it will be interesting to see what the spaniard can deliver. Not expecting miracles of Lourdes proportions but quietly confident that something can materialize for next season.

This quote from Moyes today made me smile - sounds familiar........... :rofl:

"I am quite confident we will add to the squad. But what we have here is a really good squad of players already. You mustn't forget about the quality that is already here at Manchester United."

This quote from Moyes today made me smile - sounds familiar........... :rofl:

"I am quite confident we will add to the squad. But what we have here is a really good squad of players already. You mustn't forget about the quality that is already here at Manchester United."

It's like he just has a set amount of statements he makes. Edited by Romey 1878

I wonder if the Man U fans have taken to Moyes as much as we have taken to Martinez- are at least have the buzzing expectation of the unknown we are having. I would be guessing perhaps not, especially considering how they appear to be doing in the transfer market at the moment

Moyes maybe in for a very tough 12 months, especially if Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and even Spurs get of to a good start. Man U's squad doesn't look that strong compared to these four squads. Man U did well last year becasue the others did fairly poorly. Given the squads Man U could be just as likley battling for 4th/5th as they could be 1st/2nd - this is going to be a interesting year at the top of the prem. I actually wise him well though (I think even Fergie may have found this coming season difficult for Man U though)

In 12 month time - Moyes could be looking to come back !!!!

I wonder if the Man U fans have taken to Moyes as much as we have taken to Martinez- are at least have the buzzing expectation of the unknown we are having. I would be guessing perhaps not, especially considering how they appear to be doing in the transfer market at the moment

Moyes maybe in for a very tough 12 months, especially if Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and even Spurs get of to a good start. Man U's squad doesn't look that strong compared to these four squads. Man U did well last year becasue the others did fairly poorly. Given the squads Man U could be just as likley battling for 4th/5th as they could be 1st/2nd - this is going to be a interesting year at the top of the prem. I actually wise him well though (I think even Fergie may have found this coming season difficult for Man U though)

In 12 month time - Moyes could be looking to come back !!!!

It would appear the general consensus from Manchester is that some were against the idea of having Moyes as Alex Fergusons replacement when he was still Everton manager and they were just waiting for the confirmation that the one Scot would replace another. Ok, not all are against Moyes at MUFC but it's well recognized that a significant proportion aren't happy with the new appointment. You can understand their frustrations.

Very unlikely, as with Wayne Rooney, that Moyes will ever make a return to Goodison Park incidentally.

What a funny thread lol.

Ask a simple question and let the internet police rip the question apart haha.

I was a moyes fan but thought e had gone stale.

If we finish top ten I will be happy as long as we build.

So no I wouldn't have moyes back now.We need to build on the excellent job moyes has done now.