IGNORED

Norwich City (Away) FT: 2-2

Zoo

Norwich-City-logo.jpg

A few apologies for this being a little early but I can't sleep at all tonight so I'm going to put my creative juices into the mix and kick-off the new season with a match-day thread. We play Norwich City on the 18th August and this will be the first game of the Roberto Martinez era. We've had a good pre-season playing top teams such as Juventus & Accrington and have fared well when put up against teams such as Real Madrid.

Last season when we played Norwich we could only manage to take one point from them. In the home game we were winning 1-0 thanks to a goal from Steven Naismith but had to settle for a point when Sebastian Bassong scored his first goal for the club in the 90th minute. In the return fixture we lost 2-1 after leading through Leon Osman. Kamara & Grant Holt scored in the 84th and 90th minute to win the tie and steal the points.

Not only is this Martinez' first game - it's revenge.

Kick-off is @ 3:00 in the afternoon and tickets can be bought now via the Official Site.

Discuss folks.

Obviously I'm joking about the Accrington comment...

Edited by Zoo

The Modern English word folk, derives from Old English folc meaning "common people", "men", "tribe" or "multitude". The Old English noun itself came from Proto-Germanic *fulka which perhaps originally referred to a "host of warriors". Compare Old Norse folk meaning "people" but more so "army" or "detachment", German Gefolge ("retinue"), and Lithuanian pulkas meaning "crowd". The latter is considered to be an early Lithuanian loanword from Germanic origin, cf. Belarusian полк - połkmeaning regiment and German Pulk for a group of persons standing together.

The word became colloquialized (usually in the plural folks) in English in the sense "people", and was considered inelegant by the beginning of the 19th century. It re-entered academic English through the invention of the word folklore in 1846

ROFLMAO

:rofl:

That is my kind of humour.

As for the Norwich game, Not easy to call the first game of the season. Will we play well? Will Norwich play well? To be honest I would like us to pluck and really stuff a few turkeys. But we will have to wait and see.

A bit nervous about this fixture, but I feel this way only because it's our first official game. Will we see the Everton side that played against Juventus, or the one that played against Betis? Will we shake off the slogan of us being slow starters (last year being the exception) with RM leading the charge? Who will RM deem as the starters for this game and what formation will we use? So many questions, but I will say that I can't wait to have to wake up at 6 am again to watch Everton play football :P

Fit Barkley in there someone and that's the team I'd ideally like to see running out as well.

He was terrible against Betis but I wouldn't mind him being given another chance against Norwich. For me I'd be happy with any line-up so long as Osman isn't in it.

New manager should have the lads going the extra yard, I think if we do we should have a lttle too much for Norwich.I would have thought Kurt 321's team above should if they all perform, give most teams in the prem a bloody hard time.

I'm still looking forward to Mirallas and Coleman playing so well that Baines and Pienaar get more space, add to that Jelavic scoring again and someones going to get hammered.

I think the biggest problem isn't what we've got in our lockers. It's more a case of controlling what they have in theres. Alot if débutants making there entrance on saturday. Lets hope we dont leave ourselves short and get impatiant. We will need to nulify them first. Then thats when kev and Gerrard do there business :-D

Darron Gibson could miss the game due to a knee injury - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fcs-darron-gibson-miss-5698982

He limped off after about 40 minutes against Betis and was replaced by Heitinga. On the logic of some reporters though this will probably just be a smoke-screen and he's having a medical with Moyes at United.

The Modern English word folk, derives from Old English folc meaning "common people", "men", "tribe" or "multitude". The Old English noun itself came from Proto-Germanic *fulka which perhaps originally referred to a "host of warriors". Compare Old Norse folk meaning "people" but more so "army" or "detachment", German Gefolge ("retinue"), and Lithuanian pulkas meaning "crowd". The latter is considered to be an early Lithuanian loanword from Germanic origin, cf. Belarusian полк - połkmeaning regiment and German Pulk for a group of persons standing together.

The word became colloquialized (usually in the plural folks) in English in the sense "people", and was considered inelegant by the beginning of the 19th century. It re-entered academic English through the invention of the word folklore in 1846

is that you, DK?

Norwich fans seem as confused as we are about Fer, apparantly this is why;

He picked up 2 yellow cards during the 4 Dutch Europa League Play-off matches FC Twente played and that results in a 1 game suspension apparently.