IGNORED

Norwich City (Away) FT: 2-2

Zoo

A bit nervous about this fixture, but I feel this way only because it's our first official game. Will we see the Everton side that played against Juventus, or the one that played against Betis? Will we shake off the slogan of us being slow starters (last year being the exception) with RM leading the charge? Who will RM deem as the starters for this game and what formation will we use? So many questions, but I will say that I can't wait to have to wake up at 6 am again to watch Everton play football :P

We won both of those games so I dont care. Results are all that matters. We can set the league on fire later on in the season as long as we win games in the beginning.

I would love to see a line up of:

Howard

Stones Jagielka Distin

Coleman Baines

Fellaini Gibson

Mirallas Pienaar

Jelavic

it is very exciting to see our squad with a bit of depth! However I'd rather heitinga start over stones. He's to young and to inexperienced to start the opening game of the season. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I'm heitingas biggest fan, and I am pleased with what I've seen of stones pre season

Whatever happened to easing young players into games to gain experience.... Evertons defence has looked dodgy all pre-season. The last thing we need is to stick an inexperienced youngster in a back three, and before you say about the wingbacks... He's hardly going to gain much cover from Coleman who's only just started learning how to defend properly himself.... Stones looks a terrific player but softly, softly does it... I'd at least start him off with à flat back four.

He does seem to struggle a bit with judging crosses from the far side, he did playing for England as well.

Hopefully things like that will improve the more he plays. Especially as he's used to playing RB more than CB. He's certainly got time on his side and I've been impressed with what I've seen of him so far. Plenty to build on.

I mean, Cahill got done by Kenny Miller. Kenny. Fucking. Miller.

thought it was a great turn myself, regardless of the defence, Yes, Cahill couldve been closer too him but I dont think it wouldve made a difference. Miller had a moment of magic, it happens sometimes!

Osman would not be in my starting line-up this season - emergency wheel if Barkley has a puncture or goes flat -

Gibson had a poor pre-season and is suspect on defence - my shield in front of the back 4 would be Fellaini and Heitinga -

playing Oviedo left back and Baines just in front of him could also work - giving us more speed on the left -

let Baines do the running from the back to link up with Pienaar,Barkley who then feeds Mirallas and Delefue laying the table for Jelavic/Kone to finish -

it sounds so easy

Id prefer

................Howard.................

.....Stones...Jags...Distin.......

Coleman.....................Baines

............Fellaini..Gibbo...........

Mirallas.......................Pienaar or Naismith (he has looked sharp in pre season)

..................Jelavic.................

Edited by Peter H

Hi all, sorry if you feel I'm intruding just wanted to get some genuine thoughts.

Norwich fan here, at the moment there's a real buzz around Carrow Road - we've done very good business and can't really understand why certain pundits (such as Jamie Redknapp) have us to go down, personally I can comfortably see us finishing top half.

You boys certainly deserve a late goal or two against us this year. Think today's game could go either way, wouldn't be devastated with a point.

Wondered how some fairly neutral fans feel Norwich will get on this year?

All the best for the season

Norwich,s success will depend on how good their new strikers are going to settle down -

if the side has not gelled yet you might lose a few early on but hopefully things will get organized sooner than later-

I predict a mid table- or just below finish for the Canaries - hopefully you can beat Liverpool twice - then you should be safe - hehe -

may you have an enjoyable season - as long as it is not at our cost