IGNORED

So where are we going to finish?

I am yet to be convinced we are playing better under Martinez. It's just more possession across the back four and central midfielders.

Chances created are under the average from last season. Says a lot.

Chances created are lower but clear cut chances are up which is most important. That was from an article about 3 games ago. though

Europa will be a great opportunity for Martinez to do the experimenting that he has had to do in the domestic cups. Players like Kennnedy, Green, Lundstrum, Garbutt, Robles, Browning, McAleny will no doubt be given opportunities against teams that we do not need to put key first teamers in.

I'm not saying surrender in europa, but I am definately saying that I would sooner see us bed youngsters in there, it is a great learning curve.

Guest blueboy122

I have voiced my opinion on here of the Europa League a few times and I still stick by it even though I can see other members points of club development etc. But I cant help but think at what cost?

If we qualify for the league then in my opinion it should be used to blood youngsters as Haf has stated and use it for players who aren't getting regular games like Tony Hibbert so they are always up to match fitness. Be useful to use for players who are coming back from injuries as the football is slower and can be easier for an injured player to regain match sharpness and fitness e.g Kone, Gibson

How far do people think we are away from being in the top 4? Moneywise...

£20M-£30M?

hard to say, will depend on the market and this year is WC year so stick on stupidity tax.

Id say that would get us half way. We need a prolific striker which is 20m at least, replacement for Barry, Pienaar, Ossie and (eventually) Howard Distin and Jags. Youre talking 80m-100m there, if you want to talk about top 4. Im talking about competing for the league title too, since its hypothetical, so maybe 50-70m could do it...

hard to say, will depend on the market and this year is WC year so stick on stupidity tax.

Id say that would get us half way. We need a prolific striker which is 20m at least, replacement for Barry, Pienaar, Ossie and (eventually) Howard Distin and Jags. Youre talking 80m-100m there, if you want to talk about top 4. Im talking about competing for the league title too, since its hypothetical, so maybe 50-70m could do it...

Thing is you buy a 20-25 million pound striker he will probably want £100,000 a week (min) Saurez is now over £200,000.So ok you buy him and pay him stupid money and the rest of the team all want £70,000 a week, I'm pretty sure City, Chelsea and the rs are paying most of their players this and way more in some cases.

So start buying big names or ones that very quickly become big names and we will pay stupid wages, Barkleys head will be turned in a few years time by teams who can triple his wages in one move.

You need the big money men to buy Everton if you want the top four.

It's the wages that will kill you, Rooney and Saurez in the same team would be 1/2 a million a week plus :dont know: .........liverpool wouldn't be above us without paying stupid money, simple !

Thing is you buy a 20-25 million pound striker he will probably want £100,000 a week (min) Saurez is now over £200,000.So ok you buy him and pay him stupid money and the rest of the team all want £70,000 a week, I'm pretty sure City, Chelsea and the rs are paying most of their players this and way more in some cases.

So start buying big names or ones that very quickly become big names and we will pay stupid wages, Barkleys head will be turned in a few years time by teams who can triple his wages in one move.

You need the big money men to buy Everton if you want the top four.

It's the wages that will kill you, Rooney and Saurez in the same team would be 1/2 a million a week plus :dont know: .........liverpool wouldn't be above us without paying stupid money, simple !

Agree with all of it (hopefully we're wrong about Barkley), especially the bit in bold.

Edited by Matt

Martinez brings positivity to an Everton team. He has come out and we will need to spend in August if we are in Europe as it takes it toll on players. Moyes attitude would be there is 11 games left and a lot can happen from now to the end of the season.

Least Martinez is talking about Europe and not playing down our chances.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efc-analysis-how-roberto-martinezs-6768565

"Roberto Martinez confirmed his status as the Premier League’s great game changer on Saturday"

I have always rated Martinez and wanted him to be manager. Even I didn't think we would be in the position we are now though. I predicted a 10th place finish as I thought it would take time to adapt to his style of play but straight away we have played well. COYB! :)

Edited by bluenosetoffee

of course not, they only went on to be champions....

:doh:

Where are you going with this? The original United reference was regarding us beating top sides this season and United are no longer a top side. Their 7th, out of both cups and have a 2-0 defecit to claw their way back from against a low ranking champions league team. The gloss of beating United has well and truly gone.

only because we were the better team :)

Haha no, it was because they were crap then too (Carrick at CB for instance!) and we were at home.

I actually think the worst Utd display was in the 3-3 draw. They were horrendous defensively in that game and I was really gutted that we didnt win.