IGNORED

U21 campaign

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Garbutt impressed again for England U21's tonight (won 3-1 against Portugal)

What's the deal with him? Is he playing for our U21's? I'm suprised he hasn't been on the bench a bit more for us than he has. Everytime I've seen him play (admittedly mostly for England u21's) he looks very impressive

He's a player I really like, and always have. I hope he has the patience to wait for Baines' time to end because he'd slot in perfectly, and I'd hate to lose him.

He's a player I really like, and always have. I hope he has the patience to wait for Baines' time to end because he'd slot in perfectly, and I'd hate to lose him.

My thinking exactly. I think he could be a perfect replacement for Baines. He reminds me more of Shaw in the way he plays though (Irony is he's 2 years older than him!). Very athletic. Unfortunately, from what i've heard of him on a personal level i dont think he'd be the type of character to hang round much longer without some game time. Hope im wrong though.

But where does that leave Oviedo? On the wing possibly?

Great question mike. When both are healthy who looks better I guess. Either sell the other or move them to mid like you said. Good position to be in though. Also if Oviedo doesn't come back to his old form at least we have Garbutt. I fully expect Bryan to be back at his best though.

But where does that leave Oviedo? On the wing possibly?

Like Mark says above, that's the million dollar question. But I guess it is the problem you'd rather be having.

Personally I would actually move Oveido to the wing. I think he's looked alright whenever he's played there before. I think pienaar is finished on the wing personally. For the modem game he (much like Osman) isn't athletic enough to get through the mileage you need to as a winger. I think Oviedo could do really well at LW personally.

Hopefully because Howard is making a lot of mistakes this season. It's an area we need to look at.

Agreed again. If Martinez doesn't see Robles as good enough to replace Howard then he's got to look to bring someone in who can, because Howard can't make as many mistakes as he's made and be under zero pressure like he is now.

Ahh crap. Maybe not the player we've got so much hopes for then. Saying that, he'd probably play better with better players around him so maybe not take too much from the game.

Shite. He's been booked and should've seen a second yellow for a blatant penalty but the ref decided it wasn't a penalty.