IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

read this somewhere else on here. 4 years to go in the Kitbag deal, Chang 2 it seems, makes sense to start a project to ensure something else more profitable is in place now. We'll see! Edited by Matt

• 2 weeks later...

"Additionally, we said that the activity during the Summer transfer window would not change our opinion of the current board of directors of Everton Football Club. Who joined, who we didn’t sell – it didn’t matter. The Board remained the same and that is with whom our issues lie.

Roberto Martinez, his coaching and backroom staff and of course the players, deserve the highest of praise for the promising start we have made to the season. They rightly get it from all of us.

However, we cannot help but think what the current crop of players and their management could achieve if they were properly supported by the board during the transfer window, showing the drive and ambition to take our club to the next level."

Do those two bits not contradict each other?

"Additionally, we said that the activity during the Summer transfer window would not change our opinion of the current board of directors of Everton Football Club. Who joined, who we didn’t sell – it didn’t matter. The Board remained the same and that is with whom our issues lie.

Roberto Martinez, his coaching and backroom staff and of course the players, deserve the highest of praise for the promising start we have made to the season. They rightly get it from all of us.

However, we cannot help but think what the current crop of players and their management could achieve if they were properly supported by the board during the transfer window, showing the drive and ambition to take our club to the next level."

I don't think so. They're saying even if we'd signed the likes of Yarmolenko and kept hold of Stones that they weren't going to stop campaigning against the board etc.

No - for me it is a fair point.

Like Moyes - Martinez has had to be pretty shrewd in the market. The team we have is predominantly made up of players secured by sales. Lukaku for Fellaini, McCarthy and Kone for Vic and Jela plus a few mill.

Throw in Barry, Cleverley, mcgeady, galloway, robles, as free-low fees and you have the makings off a manager having to wheel and deal.

No - for me it is a fair point.

Like Moyes - Martinez has had to be pretty shrewd in the market. The team we have is predominantly made up of players secured by sales. Lukaku for Fellaini, McCarthy and Kone for Vic and Jela plus a few mill.

Throw in Barry, Cleverley, mcgeady, galloway, robles, as free-low fees and you have the makings off a manager having to wheel and deal.

All of that is irrelevant though according to the statement. Whatever activity there was was not going to change their view.

I don't think so. They're saying even if we'd signed the likes of Yarmolenko and kept hold of Stones that they weren't going to stop campaigning against the board etc.

So what's the point in speculating on what might/could have been if it wasn't going to do anything to alter their opinion?

If the board had shown "the drive and ambition to take our club to the next level" (which is presumably what they want) they'd still have wanted them out.

A statement from Everton Board OUT!:

http://evertonviral.com/everton-board-out-statement/

Even if you think Kenwright is doing a jolly good job, what happens when he has to step down? He has had health issues. Who takes over, Earl, the Spurs fan with no interest in Everton?

Honestly I don't see anything happening till after bill passes away, and Lord willing that is a long time away. At that point they'll either find another pro Everton proxy or just sell it outright. Maybe we will be owned by some Far East businessman willing to delve millions into the club if we change our colors to red and call ourselves the dragons. I just don't feel confident that a sale would result in a good owner at this point. Earl and the like wouldn't have the best interests of the club at heart.

In essence they are saying "even if you pull out the stops - enough is enough" they have had enough of the board.

I don't trust the board - that is my personal feeling. I do not think they are good enough, ambitious enough and have proven to me that they are pretty amateur in their operations.

Its all very well having the best defender in the league - when your CEO and then men around the table are pretty useless its not a good thing.

So what's the point in speculating on what might/could have been if it wasn't going to do anything to alter their opinion?

If the board had shown "the drive and ambition to take our club to the next level" (which is presumably what they want) they'd still have wanted them out.

I think they were just trying to make the point that they weren't going to be like groups that have sprung up in the past - i.e. as soon as the team is doing well, or the board do something to appease fans, that they won't just quietly go away, they want change.

My biggest worry is that Bill doesnt sell. As little as i trust him, i trust him more than the rest of the board. If something happened to Bill, i wouldnt trust the other owners to sell the club or run it.

yep i had the same sentiment above a couple posts. he either needs to sell to the right person or i fear for the new owner. unless earl is feeling altruistic and puts the shares in the open and sells the club to fans who create a supporters trust who runs the club. works for swansea.

In essence they are saying "even if you pull out the stops - enough is enough" they have had enough of the board.

I don't trust the board - that is my personal feeling. I do not think they are good enough, ambitious enough and have proven to me that they are pretty amateur in their operations.

Its all very well having the best defender in the league - when your CEO and then men around the table are pretty useless its not a good thing.

I think they were just trying to make the point that they weren't going to be like groups that have sprung up in the past - i.e. as soon as the team is doing well, or the board do something to appease fans, that they won't just quietly go away, they want change.

I understand what they're trying to say, was just pointing out that it's a badly written statement which, as it stands, contradicts itself. Which it does :).

This is really exciting news. I don't know how much the owners of Sporting KC are involved in the day-to-day, but it has been a successful club in MLS. They've won our Open Cup 2 out of the last 3 years and won MLS two years ago, I think. It seems to be well run and the fan support in Kansas City is amazing. They also got a soccer specific stadium built, so I would hope that means they know how to get construction of a stadium done.

(Selfishly, the more links between the MLS and EPL the better, for me. I think the more linkages we get here, the more that MLS owners will understand that they've got to go to a promotion/relegation system if they want to be competitive worldwide.)