IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

I remember the day well - brilliant atmosphere and a great win (I remember there being a bit of turmoil in the Sunderland camp with some of their players enjoying the festive period a bit too much!)

A repeat today would be perfect - COYB!!!

I remember the day well - brilliant atmosphere and a great win (I remember there being a bit of turmoil in the Sunderland camp with some of their players enjoying the festive period a bit too much!)

A repeat today would be perfect - COYB!!!

Yeah me too, I had a couple of my Navy mates whe were Mackems come down to stay at mine and watch the game so it was even more enjoyable for me!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2535468/Roberto-Martinez-insists-Everton-not-losing-clubs-performers-transfer-window.html

Another good piece of PR by the club, they certainly seem ti have taken it onboard when they were getting criticised for not communicating with the supporters enough

Appointing Alan Myers has been a masterstroke by BK and the board

We should always have had a blue in that role. Appointing Tyrell and the complete dick head before him were disastrous. Myers has been brilliant and long may it continue.

Being new to Toffeetalk one of the things that surprised me was reading some elements of criticism directed at Bill Kenwright. I mentioned in my introduction post that I also supported Leeds United. Leeds had Ken Bates to put up with, now that is something to grumble about.

I don't know the in's and out's of Kenwrights tenure but it seems to me that Everton were, for several seasons 'punching above their weight' and hanging in there. Now, they have one of the best teams in the Premiership. Some of this must surely be down to the stewardship of Bill Kenwright? It would be nice to have a multi-billionaire to come in and compete with the Man Cities and Chelsea's of this world, but be careful what you wish for, just look at this guy Tan at Cardiff. Would we want to play in red!

Maybe I am missing something?

TBF it's not charity if you brag about it.

How will the word spread that "Everton are a special club, Goodison a special place and Evertonians special people" unless someone actually makes the statement.

I didn't know some of those things were going on, I'm proud of what Everton are doing, I'm glad our chairman is telling people.

If West Ham's chairman released details about what their club do for the community, what would be the problem with that?

I think it's what the chairman of a 'special' club should do.

I've got nothing against it. TBH Blue Bill has wound me up over the past few years but really, if he had any cash would anyone be complaining about him?

I've got dirty kopite mates who have praised our community and charity work in the past few weeks, the kids at Goodison and the pic of Bobby leading the old dear out of her house for the Everton street party were 2 that got everyone talking.

I'm proud of our club, Bill is proud of our club and after listening to The Everton Podcast with Martinez the other week I have a new found respect for Mr Kenwright. There has to be something about him that successive managers keep praising!

Shout it from the rooftops, we are Everton FC and we are cut from a different cloth than the majority of Premier League teams these days.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my first post, and the first time I've been a member of any Everton forum.

I'd like to ask a question, which may have been asked elsewhere, so I'm sorry if I've repeated myself.

Why have Everton not been bought by some Billionaire? Surely we are big enough to be bought by someone. What's holding people back? We could be so great with an injection of a lot of money.

Tired of being in the shadow of the other club across Stanley Park.

This is my first post, and the first time I've been a member of any Everton forum.

I'd like to ask a question, which may have been asked elsewhere, so I'm sorry if I've repeated myself.

Why have Everton not been bought by some Billionaire? Surely we are big enough to be bought by someone. What's holding people back? We could be so great with an injection of a lot of money.

Tired of being in the shadow of the other club across Stanley Park.

Not in their shadow, they are the junior creation of our history... They wish they had our authenticity, you can't buy that.

We may get sold and buy big players etc but we will never lose our identity like them.

• 1 month later...

We have a good thing going here.Martinez is trying to make us a team that plays attractive football but we don't really have the players to implement that style effectively and as results have shown we are still a few players short of being a top 4 team.The board seem to be happy enough with finishing in the top 10 every year.It's time for the self proclaimed biggest Evertonian ever to provide Martinez this summer with the resources he needs to turn us into a top 4 team.

He'll be taking more than a penny when they eventually go.

My point is he sits in the shadows whilst Kenwright and Earl get the brunt. This fella has 19% and gets no mention. He's a leech like the rest of them. Waiting for his big pay day.

• 3 months later...

I'm really hoping BK and RM have a masterplan and an abundance of signings under there sleeves cause I'm getting really fucked off now year on year making money and not spending it, being linked with free transfers and loan players. Bar one player, every player we signed last year was from Wigan.

We seriously have no ambition as a club.

The shite start picking off the best nice and early, so do the mancs and we are left wondering if anyone of any significance is going to sign.

I get this feeling that the five or six players they were talking about were Coleman re-signing, RM new contract a barca player on loan and perminant signings for Rom and Barry.

Proper fucked off at present. If anyone dears to defend this policy I will come around your house and go evil on your face.

I'm really hoping BK and RM have a masterplan and an abundance of signings under there sleeves cause I'm getting really fucked off now year on year making money and not spending it, being linked with free transfers and loan players. Bar one player, every player we signed last year was from Wigan.

We seriously have no ambition as a club.

The shite start picking off the best nice and early, so do the mancs and we are left wondering if anyone of any significance is going to sign.

I get this feeling that the five or six players they were talking about were Coleman re-signing, RM new contract a barca player on loan and perminant signings for Rom and Barry.

Proper fucked off at present. If anyone dears to defend this policy I will come around your house and go evil on your face.

Was pretty successful last season no?

Efc should not just be turned I to hope and exsistance year upon year. Ambition breeds success. Isn't that what football's about?

No. But you need to accept that we're not competing in the same league financially as United, Liverpool etc There's no point getting upset about it because it's just how it is. The fact that we are still competing with them all on the pitch despite being paupers in comparison is something that makes me very proud.