IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

....and also, Ross has reputedly admitted that Fortress was used as a means to avoid Gregg getting control of the club, but he also said that this was a good thing, and that taking the money ultimately would have seriously undervalued the club.

"Because had he not done so, Gregg WOULD have taken control of this Club...and what would he have done? Well, you don't know...I, of course, do as I was in on the management/Board meetings.
Trust me when I say this - the SFF may not have happened but Kenwright's decision to go public with news of the talks WAS wholly justified.
Another thing...for your info only...Samuelsen DID colme through with both the fund and the cash....but by that point the SFF had served its purpose...Bill told him to go away...
Why haven't we announced that small detail? ....because it doesn't really matter....what mattered was achieved.
The belief that we are all f***ing idiots in here who couldn't run a sandwich stall is ill-founded....CL, a massively-improved performance and turnover, a place in the Deloitte's Top Twenty listing for the first time......

And still you moan about something which was designed to be used as a means to an end.......nothing more
If we did what Kenwright's detractors wish us to do - produce the SFF investment on the terms we talked about 12 months ago - this Club would be (approx ) 30 per cent UNDER-VALUED..."

I'm a big critic of his. I genuinely think he thinks he is doing whats best 100% of the time.

He lied about the FSF, i think because he wanted to keep hold of the club and thought he was the best man for the job, even though i disagree with it. unforgivable lies.

NTL was a strange one, no one was expecting them to fold like they did. Counted his chickens before they had hatched in my book, probably not wanting to miss out on transfer targets. but still a massive failure.

Kirkby was a massive fuck up, and an expensive one, i do think he expected it would go ahead, and that investment would follow (maybe he had something lined up but we will never know). divided the fans big time, luckily these divides have closed considerably.

banning AGMs, a bit petulant to be honest, i dont want to answer questions from these fellas who dont like me so i'll just shut up shop until they back off. indefensable, he owes the shareholders the chance to ask what they like, its his responsability to do so.

Some things are not forgivable for me, and i never will, the Kings dock was the one time we really needed to find the money, any chance of progress was missed in that deal going out the window and i will always remember him as the man who could not deliver it.

But i will give him credit, he has steadied the ship, he has brought in managers who have done a great job, he has kept us afloat. The times he has had to sell players to keep the wolves from the door will have hurt him as much as us. He wont have wanted to sell Rooney, but he had to to keep the club from going under. I'm still gutted about that now, but i understand.

he is very far from perfect, but hes done what he could with what he had. When we've worried about the future of the club, without the full facts, he has been the one with the real pressure. he doesnt want to be the man who ruined Everton, i hope for his sake he pulls off the ground move and when he leaves it will be as the hero he wants to be, not the villian that cost us.

That's a fantastic post to be fair and pretty much sums up my feelings towards him and the shenanigans that have gone on.

Yes he has fucked up, yes he lied to us all, you could almost say he treated us like we were stupid at times but to blanket say he has done nothing and there's no good come from him is just plain ignorant. Maybe some of the good things he done was just to repair the damage he had caused but he stood firm and never ran away and has slowly but surely moved us forward.

We all make mistakes in life, some more than others and when you do a job like he does then they are obviously going to be major high profile mistakes. The trick is to learn from them and become stronger and wiser for it and I think he is.

I also hope he pulls the ground off and becomes a hero. One thing no one can deny is he loves the club. Give the guy a fucking break, mostly it's positive lately and long may it continue. If there's one more major fuck up though I think he'll be run out of Everton whether he likes it or not.

With regards to Elstone? Bills fault. He hired him, he sticks with him. He is ultimately responsible for his performance/actions.

Also, we all have our opinions and I would hedge a bet none of us have a fucking clue what goes on at the top end of business dealings like this. Most wont have the slightest idea of the very bare basics of what they do never mind the back stabbing, manoeuvring and politics that go on in a high profile power struggle for a major business like we are.

We've probably only scratched the surface of a lot of it and most of us wouldn't have the slightest idea where to start running a football club so we can shout and scream all we want. The truth is most are ignorant to the facts.

Also, we all have our opinions and I would hedge a bet none of us have a fucking clue what goes on at the top end of business dealings like this. Most wont have the slightest idea of the very bare basics of what they do never mind the back stabbing, manoeuvring and politics that go on in a high profile power struggle for a major business like we are.

We've probably only scratched the surface of a lot of it and most of us wouldn't have the slightest idea where to start running a football club so we can shout and scream all we want. The truth is most are ignorant to the facts.

I resent that, i have massive experience of running football clubs. From Champ Manager back in the day to FM2014, i'm almost a veteran!!

Only messing, you're right, none of us have the foggiest idea what goes on there. Only what they let us see, as it should be, too much info can be massively damaging.

I've got to give some different kind of credit too. In the past Bill was known for getting in front of the camera as soon as things went well, and then disappearing when they went bad. Since the press conference when he introduced Roberto, Bill has hardly been seen. He could have milked the Lukaku signing, he could have been photo'd shaking hands with Ross Barkley, but he stayed away. Leaving the light to be shone on the manager and his players. I've given him stick in the past, so i'll give him a bit of kudos for this too.

• 2 weeks later...

Carragher is a shit house gobshite. I can't stand to look at him let alone listen to his whining voice.

His arl fella was a staunch blue who wouldn't even set foot in Anfield now he follows Liverpool everywhere the fucking first class crab.

Decent fella Carragher, says it as it is. Does a lot for his community. If a club had been so good to your son and he'd played for them for over a decade would you not follow that club?

Decent fella Carragher, says it as it is. Does a lot for his community. If a club had been so good to your son and he'd played for them for over a decade would you not follow that club?

Are you mad? Of course I wouldn't follow them. I'd be glad my lad had done so well and he'd made it but why would that mean I should support that club.

Why would you????

I'd support the team my son played for yes. No brainer!

Then you have no loyalty at all to the club you support now. And that's a fact.

Just because your son plays for a team doesn't mean you drop the side you support for that team. What do you do if he gets transferred, support that team?

Just the fact that you admit you could drop Everton and support Liverpool tells me a lot about your character.. Wishing him well is one thing but actually stopping supporting Everton to support Liverpool absolutely stinks to high heaven.

Edited by Paddock

Liverpool? Even if I had a son that played for them, I could never support them, I would support my son.

Are you mad? Of course I wouldn't follow them. I'd be glad my lad had done so well and he'd made it but why would that mean I should support that club.

Why would you????

Guess this is a difference in vocab here, I would follow them but never support.

I'd support the team my son played for yes. No brainer!

Really? Even if its your clubs rival?

It took me a loooong time just to "nothing" them, even wish them well, but I could never support them.

Just because your son plays for a team doesn't mean you drop the side you support for that team. What do you do if he gets transferred, support that team?

Just the fact that you admit you could drop Everton and support Liverpool tells me a lot about your character.. Wishing him well is one thing but actually stopping supporting Everton to support Liverpool absolutely stinks to high heaven.

Theres no need for that mate. He's not saying give up loyalty of Everton for a rival. I'm pretty sure he means support both; 1 because he loves the team, the other because he loves his kid.

Think you need to rethink this post Pad

No I don't Matt. Anyone who could even consider supporting Liverpool has in my eyes no loyalty at all.

If my lad played for Liverpool I would still want them to get relegated. If he was good enough he would get a move elsewhere.

It's one thing supporting your boy and wanting him to do well but another actually supporting Liverpool (which is what Carraghers Dad has done and where the comments I made originally came from) call me bitter, sad whatever but I despise Liverpool with every fibre in my body Matt I have genuine hate in my heart for them and whether my son played for them or not thst could never change.

I would want him to do well enough to be a star player but I would still want Liverpool to sink without trace.

Harsh? Maybe. But that is just the way it is Matt and I stand by every single word of what I've said.

Fair enough, I must also be disloyal then in your eyes. Which is utter bullshit.

I think you may of missed the original exchange mate. I said his dad was a crab for dropping Everton and becoming a red. I know this for a fact, he's always bladdered slagging off Everton, singing Liverpool songs etc when before Liverpool took his boy he wouldn't even say the word Liverpool. and Miguel basically asked what was wrong with that saying he would support the club his lad played for (just like Carraghers Dad) and that was the reason for me posting what I sid.

Wishing your lad well is one thing. But abandoning your roots because of it is something entirely different and that's what Carrighers Dads done and Miguel says he would do the same no brainer.

Personally I would still want the team to sink , lad in it or not, but I know I'm seriously passionate about Everton and I'm a very loyal person in general. Everton is in my blood, I eat sleep and breath them i genuinely choke and hold back tears every time we run out to z cars. My weeks ruined when we lose but I also know I'm over the top and a bit stupid over it all but I can't help it it's just the way it gets me. I love the club with all of my heart and soul my eyes are half welling now just writing this, THATS how much I love Everton.

I don't expect people to be the same and no it's not dis-loyal to want your lad to do well if he plays for them, but to drop Everton and become one of those shit houses makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

Edited by Paddock

I think you may of missed the original exchange mate. I said his dad was a crab for dropping Everton and becoming a red. I know this for a fact, he's always bladdered slagging off Everton, singing Liverpool songs etc when before Liverpool took his boy he wouldn't even say the word Liverpool. and Miguel basically asked what was wrong with that saying he would support the club his lad played for (just like Carraghers Dad) and that was the reason for me posting what I sid.

Wishing your lad well is one thing. But abandoning your roots because of it is something entirely different and that's what Carrighers Dads done and Miguel says he would do the same no brainer.

Personally I would still want the team to sink , lad in it or not, but I know I'm seriously passionate about Everton and I'm a very loyal person in general. Everton is in my blood, I eat sleep and breath them i genuinely choke and hold back tears every time we run out to z cars. My weeks ruined when we lose but I also know I'm over the top and a bit stupid over it all but I can't help it it's just the way it gets me. I love the club with all of my heart and soul my eyes are half welling now just writing this, THATS how much I love Everton.

I don't expect people to be the same and no it's not dis-loyal to want your lad to do well if he plays for them, but to drop Everton and become one of those shit houses makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

You said:

When MC said he would support the team his boy played for. Cotto never said anything about abandoning Everton, as Carras dad supposedly has (I've no idea, and honestly don't care). Thats what I meant by rethinking your post.

Just for the record, hating Liverpool FC has nothing to do with being a loyal Evertonian for me, although I know that seems to be a popular opinion. I agree with the rest.

When the fuck did I say I'd abandon Everton?

Alls I said was I'd support that team. Whether that be Liverpool or Newcastle United.

Go back and re read it. Me.. He's a crab, you he's a decent fella why wouldn't he support that team (after I put he was a gobshite for leaving Everton and Supporting Liverpool) me.. Would you? You... Yes it's a no brainwr.

You said:

When MC said he would support the team his boy played for. Cotto never said anything about abandoning Everton, as Carras dad supposedly has (I've no idea, and honestly don't care). Thats what I meant by rethinking your post.

Just for the record, hating Liverpool FC has nothing to do with being a loyal Evertonian for me, although I know that seems to be a popular opinion. I agree with the rest.

I know what I said mate, I said his Dad abandoned us and supported Liverpool, Miguel said (in so many words) why wouldn't he do that. I said why would you and he said yes.!!!

That's why I said it.

For the record I don't hate Liverpool Football Club and that makes me no less Evertonian than you. It's a good club the whole of my mums side are staunch Liverpudlians. I get Everton from my dad and I'm a proper blue, I go the game, I buy the kits. The only thing I hate is Kopites not the club.

Go back and re read it. Me.. He's a crab, you he's a decent fella why wouldn't he support that team (after I put he was a gobshite for leaving Everton and Supporting Liverpool) me.. Would you? You... Yes it's a no brainwr.

I said Carragher was a decent fella.

I've put the word SUPPORT in capitals to highlight that you said you would support them.

You can't support 2 teams in the same league.

You said you would SUPPORT Liverpool right there.

I've put the word SUPPORT in capitals to highlight that you said you would support them.

You can't support 2 teams in the same league.

You said you would SUPPORT Liverpool right there.

Which I would. Do you support your lads football team? When they score do you cheer? Or only when he scores

For the record I don't hate Liverpool Football Club and that makes me no less Evertonian than you. It's a good club the whole of my mums side are staunch Liverpudlians. I get Everton from my dad and I'm a proper blue, I go the game, I buy the kits. The only thing I hate is Kopites not the club.

And for the record I never said hating Liverpool made you any better an Evertonian. I hate them, really hate them but it's not obligatory to do it if you're a blue, I just do.

You say you hate Kopites but not the club. Is the club not what raised and bred Kopites. Kopites are the club, they're the fabric of the club just like we're the fabric of ours. The two go hand in hand they're one and the same.

Which I would. Do you support your lads football team? When they score do you cheer? Or only when he scores

If he played for Port Vale I'd have an affiliation to them of course I would but to abandon Everton to support Liverpool ( which is what the original question to you was) then of course not.

Using a kids football team in this is just ridiculous.

And for the record I never said hating Liverpool made you any better an Evertonian. I hate them, really hate them but it's not obligatory to do it if you're a blue, I just do.

You say you hate Kopites but not the club. Is the club not what raised and bred Kopites. Kopites are the club, they're the fabric of the club just like we're the fabric of ours. The two go hand in hand they're one and the same.

Not all Kopites are gobshites mate. Some know their football but in all clubs you will find supporters that are deluded and wind up merchants. These are the ones I'm talking about. The club is a good club though. It's not the club who wind Evertonians up it's their supporters. Everton and Liverpool stand together mate. That doesn't mean losing against them doesn't hurt. But I certainly don't hate the club. I hate the deluded, wind up fans there's nothing else to hate.