IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

Not all Kopites are gobshites mate. Some know their football but in all clubs you will find supporters that are deluded and wind up merchants. These are the ones I'm talking about. The club is a good club though. It's not the club who wind Evertonians up it's their supporters. Everton and Liverpool stand together mate. That doesn't mean losing against them doesn't hurt. But I certainly don't hate the club. I hate the deluded, wind up fans there's nothing else to hate.

well put.

If he played for Port Vale I'd have an affiliation to them of course I would but to abandon Everton to support Liverpool ( which is what the original question to you was) then of course not.

Using a kids football team in this is just ridiculous.

Never once said I'd abandon Everton. Good luck finding that! But I'd support any team my son played for. Who told you about Carraghers dad your mate in the farmers arms after a couple of ales. I'm sure his dad still follows Everton.

Until you've been in his shoes you can't really comment!

Never once said I'd abandon Everton. Good luck finding that! But I'd support any team my son played for. Who told you about Carraghers dad your mate in the farmers arms after a couple of ales. I'm sure his dad still follows Everton.

Until you've been in his shoes you can't really comment!

No mate, I don't have to write second hand info and if I do I always says its that. He lived on Knowsley Road when he was younger, his Dad was a blue, ysed to go the game within my older inner circles. Drove a black cab for a while and we (my family) all know him. He's an embarrassment to Carragher as he's actually banned from Liverpool away games because he's always bladdered slagging Everton off and trying to pick fights with anyone who speaks well of Everton.

Myou said what you said. Good luck trying to wriggle out of it.

This is the last I'll say on it now. You said it, you know and I know how you meant it, you can back peddle all you like.

No mate, I don't have to write second hand info and if I do I always says its that. He lived on Knowsley Road when he was younger, his Dad was a blue, ysed to go the game within my older inner circles. Drove a black cab for a while and we (my family) all know him. He's an embarrassment to Carragher as he's actually banned from Liverpool away games because he's always bladdered slagging Everton off and trying to pick fights with anyone who speaks well of Everton.

Myou said what you said. Good luck trying to wriggle out of it.

This is the last I'll say on it now. You said it, you know and I know how you meant it, you can back peddle all you like.

I don't need to back peddle, what I said is there for everyone to see. It's you who brought abandoning Everton into it. As I said good luck finding where I said that!

I think you may of missed the original exchange mate. I said his dad was a crab for dropping Everton and becoming a red. I know this for a fact, he's always bladdered slagging off Everton, singing Liverpool songs etc when before Liverpool took his boy he wouldn't even say the word Liverpool. and Miguel basically asked what was wrong with that saying he would support the club his lad played for (just like Carraghers Dad) and that was the reason for me posting what I sid.

Wishing your lad well is one thing. But abandoning your roots because of it is something entirely different and that's what Carrighers Dads done and Miguel says he would do the same no brainer.

Personally I would still want the team to sink , lad in it or not, but I know I'm seriously passionate about Everton and I'm a very loyal person in general. Everton is in my blood, I eat sleep and breath them i genuinely choke and hold back tears every time we run out to z cars. My weeks ruined when we lose but I also know I'm over the top and a bit stupid over it all but I can't help it it's just the way it gets me. I love the club with all of my heart and soul my eyes are half welling now just writing this, THATS how much I love Everton.

I don't expect people to be the same and no it's not dis-loyal to want your lad to do well if he plays for them, but to drop Everton and become one of those shit houses makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

Cue the Violins

For the record I don't hate Liverpool Football Club and that makes me no less Evertonian than you. It's a good club the whole of my mums side are staunch Liverpudlians. I get Everton from my dad and I'm a proper blue, I go the game, I buy the kits. The only thing I hate is Kopites not the club.

Haha, so you hate half your family then.

Probably best if you don't disown him until after he's bought you a new house and a Ferrari though eh? Then write him out of your will when he gets a career ending injury :D.

Nah I couldn't live with myself knowing that the house was bought from dirty money!

And where would it end, what would happen if he had kids of his own and they started supporting The Shite?

Before you know where you are we could be having family holidays to Oslo. Better to fuck the Ferrari off and banish the son and his devil's spawn right from the start

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I often drink with Dave Nugents dad, he is blue as they come as is his son.

I asked him about what he wanted in Leicester game.... Draw.

Don't underestimate the love fans have for the club, but the love for you children and their integrity/professionalism is bigger.

He has his sons fa cup winners medal. Dave Nugent still wants to play for us and would do it for nothing. Let's be honest, if your lad plays for a team, you want them to do well.

Edited by Hafnia

I must confess that I have a hard time understanding the vitriole in this thread. I'm with MC 100% on this.

Let me make clear my stance: Family comes first. When they do something, I help them and encourage them and do all I can to allow them to succeed. If my son played for Liverpool, of course I would support my son and support his team - in the sense that I hope they do well because he plays for them. It doesn't mean I would stop supporting Everton, but my son's success would count for more. As someone wrote above, to be an Everton fan does not mean having to be a Liverpool hater. Despite the rivalry (and rivalries add to the enjoyment and competitive spirit of games), I see no reason to hate another team.

As it is, my oldest son (the most gifted football player in our family) is a Liverpool supporter. Years ago, when traveling home from a business trip to Europe, I flew through London and flew him from Atlanta to Manchester airport, and we went to Anfield to watch Liverpool play Charlton. (It was the day the queen mother died, because funeral music was being played on all the radio stations.) It was a good game with his then-hero, Michael Owen, scoring right in front of us. Was I pleased that Liverpool won? Yes, because my son is big supporter, and I was treating him to a great experience. Again, family is more important than any game - full stop.

These days, my son follows Everton as much as he follows Liverpool. If some other fans don't like this, hard cheddar. It is what it is, and there's just no way that choice of a sports team is going to create any kind of rift in our family.

Edited by Cornish Steve

I must confess that I have a hard time understanding the vitriole in this thread. I'm with MC 100% on this.

Let me make clear my stance: Family comes first. When they do something, I help them and encourage them and do all I can to allow them to succeed. If my son played for Liverpool, of course I would support my son and support his team - in the sense that I hope they do well because he plays for them. It doesn't mean I would stop supporting Everton, but my son's success would count for more. As someone wrote above, to be an Everton fan does not mean having to be a Liverpool hater. Despite the rivalry (and rivalries add to the enjoyment and competitive spirit of games), I see no reason to hate another team.

As it is, my oldest son (the most gifted football player in our family) is a Liverpool supporter. Years ago, when traveling home from a business trip to Europe, I flew through London and flew him from Atlanta to Manchester airport, and we went to Anfield to watch Liverpool play Charlton. (It was the day the queen mother died, because funeral music was being played on all the radio stations.) It was a good game with his then-hero, Michael Owen, scoring right in front of us. Was I pleased that Liverpool won? Yes, because my son is big supporter, and I was treating him to a great experience. Again, family is more important than any game - full stop.

These days, my son follows Everton as much as he follows Liverpool. If some other fans don't like this, hard cheddar. It is what it is, and there's just no way that choice of a sports team is going to create any kind of rift in our family.

I'm not saying any of that's wrong, Steve, but you're not actually an Everton fan are you? I thought you were a Martinez fan and just follow where he goes?

But he's the one who actually has to play for them, so it's more their decision.

If your child said they wanted to go to an awful secondary school with terrible results and discipline instead of a nice grammar school you would have a say, suppose its less dramatic in this example but i'm sure you would have an opinion...

If your child said they wanted to go to an awful secondary school with terrible results and discipline instead of a nice grammar school you would have a say, suppose its less dramatic in this example but i'm sure you would have an opinion...

I didn't say I wouldn't have an opinion, I even said I'd put my two cents in...

I didn't say I wouldn't have an opinion, I even said I'd put my two cents in...

thats what i'm saying...

soooo, back to the original Q. What would your two cents be? Mine would be "Go to Liverpool" - the better footballing education comes before the shirt they wear. If they are going to make it they can always play for Everton.

I'm not saying that is the case as it stands, I would have Everton above Liverpool academy wise at the moment, but if Liverpool were the better academy then that would be my advise.

thats what i'm saying...

soooo, back to the original Q. What would your two cents be? Mine would be "Go to Liverpool" - the better footballing education comes before the shirt they wear. If they are going to make it they can always play for Everton.

I'm not saying that is the case as it stands, I would have Everton above Liverpool academy wise at the moment, but if Liverpool were the better academy then that would be my advise.

My advice would honestly be to go where they felt they were going to enjoy the environment better, where they felt they could achieve what they wanted. If that was Liverpool, then so be it. But if they said they couldn't bear to play for that lot and wanted to join Everton even though their academy wasn't seen as being good then that'd be fine too.

I love Everton, but i love my family more. I support Everton, but my family support me. Tomorrow i'll be going to the game with my Dad, my Sister and my best mate, they all mean more to me than the club, but anyone who knows me knows i'm Everton to the core.

I can understand everyones opinion.

I do want to throw a little defence in here for Carras Dad. I'm sure he's not perfect, but our fans havent exactly been nice to his son for the last 15 years. As an Evertonian if other Evertonians were abusing my son i'd find it tough to take, and knowing I couldnt do anything to stop it. The other lot have worshiped his son, even though they knew he was a blue, I can see why he has made the choices he has. He may have felt betrayed by his own, the way the fans have treated his son.

• 3 weeks later...

Robert Earl's on twitter... and Pele tweets him!

@Pele: Congratulations to @RealRobertEarl on his new TV show Robert Earls Be My Guest, which airs every Monday in the US on the @CookingChannel

Surely we should be making more of having this bloke on board commercially.