IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

And he never said for a single second it was going to happen he just said he'd heard a whisper and shared it. Fucking hell MC, but the shitty stick down and stop beating people with it. The lads just passing on what he heard, you can make of it what you will but if no one shared anything we wouldn't be sitting here swapping posts.

Ok thanks Patto for being so gullible. I will gladly be vaulted when Pergula turns up on a white unicorn with a carriage full of virgins.

Edited by MC11

I'm just fed up of these stories. It happens every single summer and everytime it amounts to nothing.... No noise from the board at all. It's just not going to happen anytime soon. We're just waiting for the inevitable - relegation. Then they might just fuckoff.

Ok thanks Patto for being so gullible. I will gladly be vaulted when Pergula turns up on a white unicorn with a carriage full of virgins.

Just don't comment or put something like "it would be great but can't see it" you don't have to try and make him look like some weapon making stuff up when he quite clearly isn't on either!!

I just don't understand why you have to do it then try and pass it off as bantz! There's ways to disagree with people without demeaning them.

Just don't comment or put something like "it would be great but can't see it" you don't have to try and make him look like some weapon making stuff up when he quite clearly isn't on either!!

I just don't understand why you have to do it then try and pass it off as bantz! There's ways to disagree with people without demeaning them.

I just don't understand why you have to try and moderate me? Oh wait

I just don't understand why you have to try and moderate me? Oh wait

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not moderating you in any way shape or form. You can post what the fuck you want I don't really care I'm just saying I don't understand why you do it. You can be one of the best posters on the board at times then just try and belittle people in the next post. Knock yourself out with it MC, I'm not the internet police but you just alienate yourself by being a pretentious little prick at times and I can't figure out why you do it when you can be sound other times.

spot on pad, patto thanks for sharing, gives me a bit of hope things could change for the better. the massive money in the premier league now must surely be attracting investors who see a gold mine in terms of business investments. let's hope we are able to benefit from it.

Mark mate, if I told you Zidane would be signing tomorrow you'd believe me.

I've heard a whisper that Paddock used to be a "big" mod on another forum. Since he's been on this one he's floated round the mods like a fly on shit.

SeeChinese whispers again. I owned it I never modded it but there you go. You really can't see when someones trying their hardest to throw you an olive branch can you.

You carry on being a keyboard warrior son

SeeChinese whispers again. I owned it I never modded it but there you go. You really can't see when someones trying their hardest to throw you an olive branch can you.

You carry on being a keyboard warrior son

I wouldn't even be butting heads with you if you hadn't have jumped in.

I'm sure if these whispers had been heard the media would be all over it.... Until then it's just like any other whisper.... A Chinese one

So if a rag states the same it has more substance behind it?

I'm as fed up as most at the direction we seem to be heading at the moment but there's no need to shoot the man down.

I'll never hold my breath with these rumours but as previously said the goldmine that the Prem now is and given our situation and circumstances we surely have to be in any investors mind when looking at suitable clubs

Btw Haf top post further up mate

Haven't posted in a while, but this summer has been one of the worst I can remember as an Evertonian.

Bristol City. A club that were 2 leagues below us last season. Are on the verge of outspending us this window in one transfer. They have an average attendance of 10,000.

The premier league has received yet another record breaking, multi billion pound TV deal. Yet if anything this somehow hindered us, rather than helped. On top of all this, we now have our manager coming out saying that all business should be done before August. So he's either going to look a massive hypocrite if we do sign anyone in the next couple of weeks (ha!) or we're not going to sign anyone.

If we are leaving it till deadline day now, who the fuck is left? We're not going to get anyone in who is going to massively improve us, which is needed.

The club is fast becoming/has become a joke.

Haven't posted in a while, but this summer has been one of the worst I can remember as an Evertonian.

Bristol City. A club that were 2 leagues below us last season. Are on the verge of outspending us this window in one transfer. They have an average attendance of 10,000.

The premier league has received yet another record breaking, multi billion pound TV deal. Yet if anything this somehow hindered us, rather than helped. On top of all this, we now have our manager coming out saying that all business should be done before August. So he's either going to look a massive hypocrite if we do sign anyone in the next couple of weeks (ha!) or we're not going to sign anyone.

If we are leaving it till deadline day now, who the fuck is left? We're not going to get anyone in who is going to massively improve us, which is needed.

The club is fast becoming/has become a joke.

He's saying that the window should shut before the season starts, which I agree with completely.

As it stands he/we operate within the current system, which is what he's doing. How is that hypocrisy? He operates within the system but thinks it should be changed.

You suggesting we should rule ourselves out of late transfers due to his principles while everyone else does business? I'd join the Martinez out campaign if if he was that stupid.

Read this earlier today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/11767170/The-10-best-run-football-clubs-in-the-country.html?frame=3389562

Not sure whether the 1-10 is a rating but we come in at 6 with the Telegraph describing Bill Kenwright as a shrewd chairman :rofl:

Shrewd? just lazy journalism as per usual, we are almost so irrelevant under their stewardship that journos can't be bothered doing proper research into us.

Was just wondering about the "other operating costs" stick that people beat the board with.

So as a matter of interest I had a quick gander at a couple of other clubs accounts. Spurs' "other (unspecified) operating costs" for 13/14 were £44m, Man United's £88m, Arsenal's £69m. Are these amounts being skimmed off into the directors pockets as well? I guess they must be, it's the only explanation.

Tried to find Southamptons but I can't see them published in full. Did stumble across the fact that they owe Vibrac £19m though.

Was just wondering about the "other operating costs" stick that people beat the board with.

So as a matter of interest I had a quick gander at a couple of other clubs accounts. Spurs' "other (unspecified) operating costs" for 13/14 were £44m, Man United's £88m, Arsenal's £69m. Are these amounts being skimmed off into the directors pockets as well? I guess they must be, it's the only explanation.

Tried to find Southamptons but I can't see them published in full. Did stumble across the fact that they owe Vibrac £19m though.

so its now £44m - back in 2007 they were £12m it rose to £24m in 1 year (2008) as a result of finch farm (turbo charged tractors etc)

quite some unaccountable costs year on year me thinks.

so its now £44m - back in 2007 they were £12m it rose to £24m in 1 year (2008) as a result of finch farm (turbo charged tractors etc)

quite some unaccountable costs year on year me thinks.

Where does that number come from? In our last published accounts (that I can find) which are the for the same year as the others quoted above, 2013/14, the figure is £26m.

But you completely ignore my point (which doesn't surprise me at all) that all clubs, as far as I can see, have a huge figure for "other operating costs" which I'm sure if I did the research would have grown in the same "unaccountable" way you suggest ours have as turnovers have increased across the league.

So you just carry on with your sarky (and often hilarious) digs about ours and totally ignore the fact that we're just the same as everybody else in this respect.

Where does that number come from? In our last published accounts (that I can find) which are the for the same year as the others quoted above, 2013/14, the figure is £26m.

But you completely ignore my point (which doesn't surprise me at all) that all clubs, as far as I can see, have a huge figure for "other operating costs" which I'm sure if I did the research would have grown in the same "unaccountable" way you suggest ours have as turnovers have increased across the league.

So you just carry on with your sarky (and often hilarious) digs about ours and totally ignore the fact that we're just the same as everybody else in this respect.

yes well have to look up some clubs similar to us, villa, soton, sunderland, newcastle, i'll see if i can find theirs to compare. united and arsenal are in a league of their own which we don't belong to (in my opinion) financially.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/03/newcastle-united-finances-leave-28-5m-unexplained/

found that article basically saying the same things as we are, got tons of tv money and all of a sudden Newcastle fans are asking how did operating costs go up 28.5m?

looks like the scheme they pull here is popular elsewhere.

Edited by markjazzbassist

yes well have to look up some clubs similar to us, villa, soton, sunderland, newcastle, i'll see if i can find theirs to compare. united and arsenal are in a league of their own which we don't belong to (in my opinion) financially.

Irrelevant to my argument. You are saying that we're creaming money out of the company by mentioning "other operating costs" on our balance sheet. Every club's accounts that I can see have a figure for it, some clubs don't seem to publish their accounts online (so why do we make ours so public if we don't have to and have something to hide?).

You can't have it both ways, "Bigger clubs are allowed to have them because they're....er...bigger."

The costs are either an acceptable part of accounting or they're not. And they plainly are.